Game Thread - Celtics vs. Pacers 3.28.11

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Pacers 3.28.11

See what I mean about no interior defense?
    Hollison just makes a layup with the game on the line.
    Sorry folks....these Celtics stink

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Darren Collison is killing us. WOW.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Pathetic defense.. can drive a truck down the lane

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Now that we all know the reality of our weaknesses, maybe its time to start talking about what we need to get competitive next year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

I believe the Heat are right behind us in the standings. We're toying with 3rd place in the East.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

I just don't understand...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Some interior defense might help.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

So Rondo gets back to back boards and we say this guy has no hustle, heart and stinks? 

I hope all the Rondo haters once again see the issue right now is not him and its the porus shooting of others and the crap defense. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Another Paul Pierce isolation play gone bad.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Pacers 3.28.11:
    [QUOTE]I believe the Heat are right behind us in the standings. We're toying with 3rd place in the East.
    Posted by Waynestarr[/QUOTE]

The Heat are now TIED with us in the lost column. We have the tiebreaker, but we have to beat Miami in Miami to stay in second place. Not that it matters. We will be smashed in round 2, if we make it that far.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

I can't stand watching the Celtics bad defense and then hearing Charles Barkley sing about it during the commercial break!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Amazing that the C's didn't execute in the final minutes.  We let the Pacers out execute us.   Collison killed someone.....guess who?   For all Rondo did in the first half, he was outplayed in the 2nd half.

30% shooting in the 4th qtr.  Bad execution.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]So Rondo gets back to back boards and we say this guy has no hustle, heart and stinks?  I hope all the Rondo haters once again see the issue right now is not him and its the porus shooting of others and the crap defense. 
    Posted by Pancakespwn[/QUOTE]

Rondo doesn't STINK. He is MEDIOCRE and not the kind of PG you want on a contending team. Why?
    1. He has no outside shot
    2. He cannot shoot FTs

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Another Paul Pierce isolation play gone bad.
    Posted by Waynestarr[/QUOTE]

May have went bad but he was the reason we were in this game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Doc might as well sit the starters a couple games beofre the playoffs start.. No sense running them ragged losing games to the worse teams in the NBA

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

This is just disgusting....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Amazing that the C's didn't execute in the final minutes.  We let the Pacers out execute us.   Collison killed someone.....guess who?   For all Rondo did in the first half, he was outplayed in the 2nd half. 30% shooting in the 4th qtr.  Bad execution.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

You got that right,  Rondo put up no fight whatsoever to stop Collison.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ubuntu18. Show Ubuntu18's posts

I'm gonna start calling ray allen "pretty boy" ray because thats how hes playing as of late...bone head turnover during crucial point of the game. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]So Rondo gets back to back boards and we say this guy has no hustle, heart and stinks?  I hope all the Rondo haters once again see the issue right now is not him and its the porus shooting of others and the crap defense. 
    Posted by Pancakespwn[/QUOTE]

Yup, we really hurt ourselves when we get into these shooting funks.  Our subs not knowing the defense is killing us - and I'm going to say it - harming the morale of the starters.  Just a viscious cycle on so many levels.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]Doc might as well sit the starters a couple games beofre the playoffs start.. No sense running them ragged losing games to the worse teams in the NBA
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Rest or play all out, it doesn't matter. This is just not a winning team. We are about as good as the Pacers, the Nets, the Clippers, the Sixers-and all those other guys who beat us lately.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

We traded our best defender/ 

rebounder

under the basket for more offense.

Where is it ? I miss Perk !!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Pacers 3.28.11 : The Heat are now TIED with us in the lost column. We have the tiebreaker, but we have to beat Miami in Miami to stay in second place. Not that it matters. We will be smashed in round 2, if we make it that far.
    Posted by pumpsie-green[/QUOTE]

I agree. The more we slide down the standings, the more likely we'll have to face some of the "scrappier" lower seeded teams...like the Sixers.

They just creamed the Bulls tonight, and they give the Celtics fits also.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

We've let the Bulls, Lakers, Mavs, and Heat catch + pass us in the standings late in the year.  Who's next....Orlando?   If they beat the Knicks, they are only 4 behind us in the loss column and we have Miami, Chicago, and SA to play on the road.   Wow.   

Can we just please get the regular season over.  I can't take it anymore.  Our only hope is that this team gets some mental rest and gets refreshed for a playoff run.  We really miss having a center and we miss having a strong defense.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Pacers 3.28.11 : You got that right,  Rondo put up no fight whatsoever to stop Collison.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Rondo is CONSISTENTLY beaten off the dribble. Now that Perkins is not here to cover his butt, he is exposed as the mediocre defensive player that he really is

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pgokou. Show pgokou's posts

i really dont like the waqy rondo defends on the picks,he rely so much on the help.....that how collision was able to get two shots.....

Sections
Shortcuts