Game Thread - Celtics vs. Pacers 3.28.11

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Pacers 3.28.11

In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Pacers 3.28.11:
    [QUOTE]We've let the Bulls, Lakers, Mavs, and Heat catch + pass us in the standings late in the year.  Who's next....Orlando?   If they beat the Knicks, they are only 4 behind us in the loss column and we have Miami, Chicago, and SA to play on the road.   Wow.    Can we just please get the regular season over.  I can't take it anymore.  Our only hope is that this team gets some mental rest and gets refreshed for a playoff run.  We really miss having a center and we miss having a strong defense.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well, as you told me earlier in this thread, we don't  have a center and we don't have a strong defense, so its time to get over it and move on. We stink. Its almost better that we get run out in the first round. No sense prolonging the inevitable.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Ainge screwed this team over for this year. Maybe it will be better next year for what we got for Perkins, but for this year, he screwed us.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Pacers 3.28.11 : Rondo is CONSISTENTLY beaten off the dribble. Now that Perkins is not here to cover his butt, he is exposed as the mediocre defensive player that he really is
    Posted by pumpsie-green[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with you again. And to think he was on the All-Defensive team for 2010. Hmmm...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Ainge screwed this team over for this year. Maybe it will be better next year for what we got for Perkins, but for this year, he screwed us.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Im starting to feel indifferent to these losses.. Was annoying at first but once you realize its not an abberation, you have to accept it.

Dont even have the enthusiam to even post anymore tonight. Not worth the effort

Have a good night

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Pacers 3.28.11 : Yeah, well, as you told me earlier in this thread, we don't  have a center and we don't have a strong defense, so its time to get over it and move on. We stink. Its almost better that we get run out in the first round. No sense prolonging the inevitable.

All regular season goals are shot so all we can do now is hope for a better post season.  Team just fell apart in the 2nd half.   Too many things going wrong for a jump shooting team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Pacers 3.28.11 : I have to agree with you again. And to think he was on the All-Defensive team for 2010. Hmmm...
    Posted by Waynestarr[/QUOTE]

The Celtics defense is based on TEAM defense, not individual defense. Rondo IS a good TEAM defender if he has someone to cover for him when he misses the steal (he does get a lot of those with his high risk plays). But now that we have no significant interior defense he is exposed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

All I can say is: GO BULLS!
    I certainly don't want the Lakers winning this year...or any year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]We traded our best defender/rebounder under the basket for more offense. Where is it ? I miss Perk !!!
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]

I was about to agree with you and then I remembered.....Perk rarely played in the end of games so he wouldn't have helped.  The key is how Rondo gets killed by other PG's.  Collison had THREE key plays where he just simply out hustled Rondo.  It ain't about perk.  Its about Rondo and a bunch of guys who can't hit a jumper late in the game.  Teams play our jumpers tight late in the game because they know we don't get to the basket late.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

clear the decks, pumpsie green is back in town!

they must have treated you horribly over at sam's, pumpsie. e f f 'em, right?  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Pacers 3.28.11 : The Celtics defense is based on TEAM defense, not individual defense. Rondo IS a good TEAM defender if he has someone to cover for him when he misses the steal (he does get a lot of those with his high risk plays). But now that we have no significant interior defense he is exposed.

Well, you are right about the TEAM defense part, but it starts with not letting your man just blow by you. Team defense is forcing them into tough positions and when they have to make some great athletic play, getting help from your teammates.  Collison just had EASY baskets.

First thing you teach kids on a pass late in the game is "come to the ball to catch it".  Rondo reached and collison just blew in to get it.  That has nothing to do with team defense......just keeping your head in the game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

I don't want the Bulls winning either.  Not after the stuff Joakim Noah said about us.  That team is loving every minute of our decline.  If the Celtics get eliminated, the only team I can possibly cheer for are the Spurs because they are a classy organziation and really the best team all year - though they were so under the radar because the sports media is all about the glitz and glamour of the Lakers and Heat.  If it's those two teams in the finals, I'm not watching.  And if it's Lakers-Bulls, I can't watch it either.  I'm in it till the bitter end with the Celtics, but when they're done I'm probably done too.  This whole situation just $ucks.  And it's not going to do any good to blame anyone at this point.  Everyone's going to make mistakes.  I can forgive Ray for that turnover because I trust him to do his best, whatever that is.  If we did not have so many %^&% injuries, I can guarantee my life that Danny would not have made those trades.  His hand was forced and in retrospect we were more screwed with every injury.  Again, this is just really painful.  These guys - especially the Big 3 - deserve so much better after the past 3+ years.  I hope to God that the playoffs will prove it's not too late.  Too bad we keep putting ourselves in a worse position for them nearly every game...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]Im starting to feel indifferent to these losses.. Was annoying at first but once you realize its not an abberation, you have to accept it. Dont even have the enthusiam to even post anymore tonight. Not worth the effort Have a good night
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]
    Karllost, I'm in your camp, for real.  I'm at the point where I'm just accepting these losses.  I was so disappointed when we lost to the Clips at home and then that New Jersey game.  But tonight, I'm like "oh well".  I still hope we come to play in San Antonio but this just is not a very good basketball team right now.

And it just seems to be so much inconsistency.  KG was extremely ineffective tonight.  He had 4 fouls but when he WAS in, he was useless.  The dude has NO LIFT.  He attempted 4 shots.

I said on another thread that TWO of the Celtics Big 3 cannot settle for scoring nights in the low teens.  That is unacceptable.  Paul Pierce comes to play and play the full 48.  I can't wait til KG and Ray join him in leading this team.

Beat San Antonio.  Again, as luck may have it, Duncan will be out as may Manu.  We are so lucky to get to play the tougher teams without their best player(s).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]I don't want the Bulls winning either.  Not after the stuff Joakim Noah said about us.  That team is loving every minute of our decline.  If the Celtics get eliminated, the only team I can possibly cheer for are the Spurs because they are a classy organziation and really the best team all year - though they were so under the radar because the sports media is all about the glitz and glamour of the Lakers and Heat.  If it's those two teams in the finals, I'm not watching.  And if it's Lakers-Bulls, I can't watch it either.  I'm in it till the bitter end with the Celtics, but when they're done I'm probably done too.  This whole situation just $ucks.  And it's not going to do any good to blame anyone at this point.  Everyone's going to make mistakes.  I can forgive Ray for that turnover because I trust him to do his best, whatever that is.  If we did not have so many %^&% injuries, I can guarantee my life that Danny would not have made those trades.  His hand was forced and in retrospect we were more screwed with every injury.  Again, this is just really painful.  These guys - especially the Big 3 - deserve so much better after the past 3+ years.  I hope to God that the playoffs will prove it's not too late.  Too bad we keep putting ourselves in a worse position for them nearly every game...
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]
    You hit the nail on the head with that one.  When the Celtics are done, then I'm done.  But get this, we'll be celebrating banner #18.  That's when I hope we'll be done, right?

It's no longer painful.  I've accepted these losses.  We're not good right now and hopefully, we can pull it together by the playoffs.  The Big 3 is part of the problem.  These guys are just not playing well right now (EXCEPT FOR PIERCE).  Pierce is leading us the usual way only he can.  It's time for Ray and KG to take note.

Oh, before I forget, good game by Rondo tonight.  A few letdowns late but overall, good game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Pacers 3.28.11 : Well, you are right about the TEAM defense part, but it starts with not letting your man just blow by you. Team defense is forcing them into tough positions and when they have to make some great athletic play, getting help from your teammates.  Collison just had EASY baskets. First thing you teach kids on a pass late in the game is "come to the ball to catch it".  Rondo reached and collison just blew in to get it.  That has nothing to do with team defense......just keeping your head in the game.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Rondo is a mediocre defensive player Celtsfan. I wrote earlier that he is routinely beaten off the dribble. I think he is WAY over-rated. And I think he is sulking still because they had the nerve to trade away his best buddy on the team without his permission. This team is lead by a mediocre point guard, it cannot play lock down defense when it has to,  it has no interior defense to speak of, its old, and its slow. I think most of the guys are still trying out there, but with all those weaknesses, they really have no chance.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]clear the decks, pumpsie green is back in town! they must have treated you horribly over at sam's, pumpsie. e f f 'em, right?  
    Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]

Did you have something you would like to say to me Bailey? I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt here and assume that its not sarcasm that exudes from your posts. If you do have something to say, say it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Pacers 3.28.11 : You hit the nail on the head with that one.  When the Celtics are done, then I'm done.  But get this, we'll be celebrating banner #18.  That's when I hope we'll be done, right? It's no longer painful.  I've accepted these losses.  We're not good right now and hopefully, we can pull it together by the playoffs.  The Big 3 is part of the problem.  These guys are just not playing well right now (EXCEPT FOR PIERCE).  Pierce is leading us the usual way only he can.  It's time for Ray and KG to take note. Oh, before I forget, good game by Rondo tonight.  A few letdowns late but overall, good game.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

You are so right, Petey.  Yes, we will be done because we're celebrating Banner #18!  I like it.  Everyone had us counted out last year at this time too, and if we win just one game down the stretch we'll have a better record than we did then!  (I'm being humorous here, but humor is absolutely necessary at this point!)  I do agree with you about KG and Ray.  Their overall games were pretty pathetic, and I have to believe that on some level they're trying to pace themselves en route to the playoffs?  But for God's sake, Pierce and Rondo totally carried this team tonight.   I wish their teammates had done a better job of meeting them halfway.  Maybe we can think of this period as a second training camp to iron out the kinks with all the newbies before the Second Season.  At their best I believe they can truly beat any team anywhere... and at their worst vice versa!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Pacers 3.28.11 : Rondo doesn't STINK. He is MEDIOCRE and not the kind of PG you want on a contending team. Why? 1. He has no outside shot 2. He cannot shoot FTs

He was the best player on the floor tonight. We need Shaq healthy to stand a chance. Krystic turned Hibberd into Wilt Chamberlain tonight. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

One good thing about tonight -- Philly won IN CHICAGO.  That is good news.

We have to win in SA.  This team needs a good game for a full 48 minutes.  We need that just so we know it's possible.  Right now, teams are looking forward to playing us.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Pacers 3.28.11 : Did you have something you would like to say to me Bailey? I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt here and assume that its not sarcasm that exudes from your posts. If you do have something to say, say it.

Ignore him, PumpsieG. Things work better here that way.

Pud

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Pacers 3.28.11 : Did you have something you would like to say to me Bailey? I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt here and assume that its not sarcasm that exudes from your posts. If you do have something to say, say it.
    it is sarcasm. i think you're way over the top w/ your negativity, pumpsie. way over. even within the friendly confines of bdc. like you're bearing down harder than need be. as if you've got an agenda. whatever - that's your business, but if you're gonna come in here three games ago or thereabouts and start yodeling nonstop at the top of your lungs how rancid the Cs chances are this year, then i'll be suggesting once or twice that i think you're full of it. way too much ball left to be played, chemistry to transpire and health to be restored for you to be this certain what will shake out. you can't be. so don't act as if you are. that's messed up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

No Duncan and no Ginoboli( i think)...plus the return of Jermain O'Neal ...psssh  - this ones gonna be laugher!   .....    right?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

we got like 10 games to find a nice 3 game sretch to get on track....remember that horrible Grizzlies team?  well they went to beat another couple teams "they shouldnt have beat"  the Unbeatabulls just lost at home....so chillax...the playoffs cant come fast enough and this team is playing like it...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Pacers 3.28.11 : Ignore him, PumpsieG. Things work better here that way. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]
    yeah, that and report his abuse, eh puddinpuddin? next time i think you've got some coming, i'll send it on along. btw, show us your history. i'm getting tired of asking.

Sections
Shortcuts