Game Thread - Celtics vs. Pacers 3.28.11

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Pacers 3.28.11

In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Pacers 3.28.11:
    we got like 10 games to find a nice 3 game sretch to get on track....remember that horrible Grizzlies team?  well they went to beat another couple teams "they shouldnt have beat"  the Unbeatabulls just lost at home....so chillax...the playoffs cant come fast enough and this team is playing like it...
    Posted by JayShizzle45

I noticed that too Jay.  I can't wait to get the regular season over with!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

In a 7 game series, I don't see any East team beating the Celtics unless the Celtics beat themselves. That may sound crazy coming from a Laker fan but the playoffs are a whole different season that requires team defense and the game slows down. I give Boston the benefit of the doubt after last year's playoffs.

Thus far, Boston has gotten into Miami's head. Da Bulls should be your greatest threat with Coach Thibadeau knowing the Boston plays and strategy. This is where you'll miss Perkins big time. But the mental aspect of the game should help Boston prevail.

I know many of you Boston fans HATE the Lakers but L.A. has as good a chance at winning another title as any other NBA competitive team. Interesting that many of you are hoping that the Spurs derail the Lakers and if Boston doesn't come out of the East, you're praying the Spurs win the championship. No one can predict what will happen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Pacers 3.28.11 : it is sarcasm. i think you're way over the top w/ your negativity, pumpsie. way over. even within the friendly confines of bdc. like you're bearing down harder than need be. as if you've got an agenda. whatever - that's your business, but if you're gonna come in here three games ago or thereabouts and start yodeling nonstop at the top of your lungs how rancid the Cs chances are this year, then i'll be suggesting once or twice that i think you're full of it. way too much ball left to be played, chemistry to transpire and health to be restored for you to be this certain what will shake out. you can't be. so don't act as if you are. that's messed up.
    Posted by BaileyPowe

Fair enough Bailey. At least you were straight with me.
    Look, I admit that at the beginning of all these losses to mediocre teams, like so many other long time fans, I got a bit (OK a lot) frustrated. Now I see that they simply do not have the talent to win this year. THAT we can debate, and in the end we will see who was right. My contention, as I wrote here, is that the reasons we aren't going to win this year are poor defense now that Perkins is gone, especially interior defense, my opinion that Rondo is just so-so as a PG as he cannot shoot jump shots or FTs, age and the accompanying slowness and fatigue...and so forth. I hope I am wrong, but I doubt it. I was writing the same thing over on Sam's board, but those guys didn't want to hear anything negative. All they want over there are pompom wavers, and I am definitely not one of them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

gee, rsalas, i had no idea you were so thoughtful. if the Cs should be so fortunate as to reach the finals, opposing any team other than LA would be a disappointment. gotta be impressed w/ the lakers. am i wrong or is bynum rolling?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Pacers 3.28.11 : Fair enough Bailey. At least you were straight with me. Look, I admit that at the beginning of all these losses to mediocre teams, like so many other long time fans, I got a bit (OK a lot) frustrated. Now I see that they simply do not have the talent to win this year. THAT we can debate, and in the end we will see who was right. My contention, as I wrote here, is that the reasons we aren't going to win this year are poor defense now that Perkins is gone, especially interior defense, my opinion that Rondo is just so-so as a PG as he cannot shoot jump shots or FTs, age and the accompanying slowness and fatigue...and so forth. I hope I am wrong, but I doubt it. I was writing the same thing over on Sam's board, but those guys didn't want to hear anything negative. All they want over there are pompom wavers, and I am definitely not one of them.
    Posted by pumpsie-green

ROTFLMAO...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

In a 7 game series, I don't see any East team beating the Celtics unless the Celtics beat themselves. That may sound crazy coming from a Laker fan but the playoffs are a whole different season that requires team defense and the game slows down. I give Boston the benefit of the doubt after last year's playoffs. Thus far, Boston has gotten into Miami's head. Da Bulls should be your greatest threat with Coach Thibadeau knowing the Boston plays and strategy. This is where you'll miss Perkins big time. But the mental aspect of the game should help Boston prevail. I know many of you Boston fans HATE the Lakers but L.A. has as good a chance at winning another title as any other NBA competitive team. Interesting that many of you are hoping that the Spurs derail the Lakers and if Boston doesn't come out of the East, you're praying the Spurs win the championship. No one can predict what will happen.
    Posted by rsalas67m

Well, I'll be honest.  You're one of the nicer, more intelligent Laker fans on this board.  If even the majority of them were as respectful and reasonable as you are, I for one would not hate the Lakers so much.  Actually, I'm going to clarify that.  I have a hate-but-respect relationship with your team.  While I don't need to rehash what I dislike - which has a lot to do with what I see as favoritism towards certain types of teams and players from the sports media, for example the "Heat or 3-Peat" site published by Fox Sports before this season even began - I will say that I respect your team as the other half of the best NBA rivalry of all time.  The Bulls and Spurs have approached the Lakers and Celtics over the past 20 years, but there is no rivalry like ours, nor is there truly any franchise that can compare to either of ours.  So, thanks for your kind words, Rsalas.  May both our teams be at our best when it really counts!  :)

Edit:  Here's a link to the site I'm talking about.  This is not the LA or Miami sports media, but you'd think it was.  Not even a pretense of objectivity.   

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/page/heat-or-threepeat

And it's not the only example of this.  Just the most egregious one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Well, just finished watching.  Here's some of what stood out for me.  The good Rondo came out smoking, driving to the hole and knocking down J's (and free throws to boot).  Then alien Rondo returned for the fourth quarter.  Outside of some great rebs, he was content to dish instead of finish, which of course requires the dishees to make shots.  They didn't.  Rondo should have taken it to the hole again and again when the Pacers were put in the penalty early.

Jeff Green got it.  In a span of a couple of minutes he went to the hole three times, each resulting in trips to the line.  His free throws were keeping the game close.  When Doc subbed him out, the C's started launching and missing.

And, of course, the turnover machine got turned on to the tune of fifteen.  Again we saw some very sloppy and careless passing. 

Props to Delonte who plays defense like a man possessed.  Except for a few minutes in the fourth, though, team D was almost non existent.  And you are right, pumpsie, that Rondo's failure to keep his man in front of him is killing this team right now.  I don't agree with you, though, that they don't have a chance or that they stink.  Granted, they are stinking it up presently, and like Ms. Lithium, I just don't get it, but they will pull it together for a good run at the title.  If Shaq is able to join the party, it's a lock.

Keep the faith, Ms. Lith.  Celtic Pride will prevail.  Alien Rondo will be exorcised and triple-double Rondo will return (would you believe double-double Rondo?).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Pacers 3.28.11 : You hit the nail on the head with that one.  When the Celtics are done, then I'm done.  But get this, we'll be celebrating banner #18.  That's when I hope we'll be done, right? It's no longer painful.  I've accepted these losses.  We're not good right now and hopefully, we can pull it together by the playoffs.  The Big 3 is part of the problem.  These guys are just not playing well right now (EXCEPT FOR PIERCE).  Pierce is leading us the usual way only he can.  It's time for Ray and KG to take note. Oh, before I forget, good game by Rondo tonight.  A few letdowns late but overall, good game.
    Posted by Petey62

Me, too, Petey. I've accepted these losses and just want to get the regular season over with.  However, what makes you say "Except for Pierce" when it comes to who's playing poorly?   He had a good offensive game tonight (not great on D, however) but generally, he's been stinking it up.  In Minnesota, he had 23 points.  Sounds good, huh?  But he was 6 for 16 or 37% FG percent and he took a bunch of ill advised 3's where he went 2 for 8.  Think that helped the offense?  Against Charlotte, he had 18 points.  Good, huh?  Except he was 6 for 14 and 1 for 5 from 3 point land.  That's volume shooting to get 18 points.  Stinks.  Nice games against Memphis and NY, but the game before that was New Orleans:  1 for 9 shooting and 1 for 6 from 3 point land (note:  that's 0 for 3 in non-3 point shots for an ENTIRE GAME).  Before that it was Houston - 2 for 10 and 0 for 4 from 3 point land.  Before that, Philly and Milwaukee....11 and 13 points!

I think we'll be fine in the playoffs and I'm still counting on number 18, but right now, Pierce is as bad as the rest of them (or worse)....1 game on and 2 or 3 games off.  That's not good play to me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Well, just finished watching.  Here's some of what stood out for me.  The good Rondo came out smoking, driving to the hole and knocking down J's (and free throws to boot).  Then alien Rondo returned for the fourth quarter.  Outside of some great rebs, he was content to dish instead of finish, which of course requires the dishees to make shots.  They didn't.  Rondo should have taken it to the hole again and again when the Pacers were put in the penalty early. Jeff Green got it.  In a span of a couple of minutes he went to the hole three times, each resulting in trips to the line.  His free throws were keeping the game close.  When Doc subbed him out, the C's started launching and missing. And, of course, the turnover machine got turned on to the tune of fifteen.  Again we saw some very sloppy and careless passing.  Props to Delonte who plays defense like a man possessed.  Except for a few minutes in the fourth, though, team D was almost non existent.  And you are right, pumpsie, that Rondo's failure to keep his man in front of him is killing this team right now.  I don't agree with you, though, that they don't have a chance or that they stink.  Granted, they are stinking it up presently, and like Ms. Lithium, I just don't get it, but they will pull it together for a good run at the title.  If Shaq is able to join the party, it's a lock. Keep the faith, Ms. Lith.  Celtic Pride will prevail.  Alien Rondo will be exorcised and triple-double Rondo will return (would you believe double-double Rondo?).
    Posted by joel49

Good post....good analysis, Joel.  I agree with you 100%.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Well, just finished watching.  Here's some of what stood out for me.  The good Rondo came out smoking, driving to the hole and knocking down J's (and free throws to boot).  Then alien Rondo returned for the fourth quarter.  Outside of some great rebs, he was content to dish instead of finish, which of course requires the dishees to make shots.  They didn't.  Rondo should have taken it to the hole again and again when the Pacers were put in the penalty early. Jeff Green got it.  In a span of a couple of minutes he went to the hole three times, each resulting in trips to the line.  His free throws were keeping the game close.  When Doc subbed him out, the C's started launching and missing. And, of course, the turnover machine got turned on to the tune of fifteen.  Again we saw some very sloppy and careless passing.  Props to Delonte who plays defense like a man possessed.  Except for a few minutes in the fourth, though, team D was almost non existent.  And you are right, pumpsie, that Rondo's failure to keep his man in front of him is killing this team right now.  I don't agree with you, though, that they don't have a chance or that they stink.  Granted, they are stinking it up presently, and like Ms. Lithium, I just don't get it, but they will pull it together for a good run at the title.  If Shaq is able to join the party, it's a lock. Keep the faith, Ms. Lith.  Celtic Pride will prevail.  Alien Rondo will be exorcised and triple-double Rondo will return (would you believe double-double Rondo?).
    Posted by joel49

Joel, I completely agree with you too, on all counts.  And yes, I AM keeping the faith because I know these guys are better than what they've been putting out there!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Pacers 3.28.11 : Fair enough Bailey. At least you were straight with me. Look, I admit that at the beginning of all these losses to mediocre teams, like so many other long time fans, I got a bit (OK a lot) frustrated. Now I see that they simply do not have the talent to win this year. THAT we can debate, and in the end we will see who was right. My contention, as I wrote here, is that the reasons we aren't going to win this year are poor defense now that Perkins is gone, especially interior defense, my opinion that Rondo is just so-so as a PG as he cannot shoot jump shots or FTs, age and the accompanying slowness and fatigue...and so forth. I hope I am wrong, but I doubt it. I was writing the same thing over on Sam's board, but those guys didn't want to hear anything negative. All they want over there are pompom wavers, and I am definitely not one of them.
    Posted by pumpsie-green

i'll submit that there's a just as good or better chance that they do - or will - have the talent. but there are issues and i cannot be certain. neither can you is all i'm saying here. not yet.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

I believe the Heat are right behind us in the standings. We're toying with 3rd place in the East.
    Posted by Waynestarr
    oh yep, THIRD PLACE BABAY!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

let me go on record right now... if the celts manage to have the most points after four quarters they should be in the better position to win this game!

Sections
Shortcuts