Game Thread: Celtics vs. Pistons 4.3.11

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dahc13. Show dahc13's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs. Pistons 4.3.11

had to be wheel chaired off because he was in too much pain in the tunnel...hes done

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

That looked like a rupture  not good had to get him a wheel chair in the tunel

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

If that was Shaq's Achillies popping, we may have just seen the end of his career!

Here's hoping it's not that!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Didnt they work him out before letting him play? Looks like his heal was never healed. What the heck is it with the Celtics trainers...  if thats what it is

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Let's just hope it flared up again and nothing ripped.  if it flared up, that sucks, but at least there is hope. If it ripped well...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

They gave him that cortisone shot a week ago. Cortisone can cause an achilles to rupture. Doctors don't like to give cortisone for achillies tendonitis. Unless there is no other choice. Fingers crossed. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs. Pistons 4.3.11:
    [QUOTE]They gave him that cortisone shot a week ago. Cortisone can cause an achilles to rupture. Doctors don't like to give cortisone for achillies tendonitis. Unless there is no other choice. Fingers crossed. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

Good info!

I thought it was weird when Doc said he wouldn't be back for a while and Danny comes out with 'he'll play this Sunday'.

Anyone else think he was rushed back?  Does anyone else think that Danny's job might be in danger?  If I were Doc, I'm not sure I'd want to come back next year!!  

I hope I'm wrong about all of that!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

Right calf muscle strain????

I've never been in that much pain from a strained muscle.....and I run more than some people drive!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

If he reinjured it, he's gone for the season

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dahc13. Show dahc13's posts

right calf muscle sprain...what does this mean

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Report, right calf muscle strain! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

calf muscle turns into the achilles tendon which in turn attaches to the calcaneus (ankle) bone.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

It means Shaqs out again... who knows how long that will take... prob lost for the reg season.. maybe more.. Hope im wrong

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]Right calf muscle strain???? I've never been in that much pain from a strained muscle.....and I run more than some people drive!!!!
    Posted by dino1980[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the achilles problem is on the right foot too and well the Celtics have been less than forthright about injuries. Here is to hoping we are wrong and they are being truthful. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]It means Shaqs out again... who knows how long that will take... prob lost for the reg season.. maybe more.. Hope im wrong
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

At this point if he is back by the second round of the playoffs, I'm ecstatic. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs. Pistons 4.3.11 : Yeah, the achilles problem is on the right foot too and well the Celtics have been less than forthcoming about injuries. Here is to hoping we are wrong and they are being truthful. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

I'm not holding my breath....they try to be like the Pat's in the sense

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Believe it or not, strained calves can be that painful.

A couple weeks ago, I was just shooting baskets at the hoop around corner and I decided to put my 37-year old body through full-tilt lay-up drills.  I actually strained my left calf muscle and have had to severely curtail my workout routine since.  Now I'm back to everything except the lay-up drills...  They can hurt like hell but can also be healed in relatively short-time with a lot of rest and stretching.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

MsLithium - I'm not going to doubt you!

I know I broke my ankle running and didn't go down like that!

I sincerely hope you are right about the diagnosis and the recovery time!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]MsLithium - I'm not going to doubt you! I know I broke my ankle running and didn't go down like that! I sincerely hope you are right about the diagnosis and the recovery time!!!!
    Posted by dino1980[/QUOTE]

agreed. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs. Pistons 4.3.11 : Yeah, the achilles problem is on the right foot too and well the Celtics have been less than forthright about injuries. Here is to hoping we are wrong and they are being truthful. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

"Less than forthcoming" is the first accusation that flies out.  If you've ever had a foot, toe, or hell injury - you'll know that you don't use the leg muscle as you normally would.  So, when you do use it, its not stretched and it either gets pulled or strained.

I have a turf toe problem and when i start to walk funny for a few days due to the toe, I always find that my calf muscle starts to really hurt 2 or 3 days later because I don't walk normal.

I don't know if its a calf strain, but its certainly credible given the heel injury.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

when i strained my calf a year ago, it took a couple of weeks,,but i dont have access to the same medical help....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

By the way, I sure wish Garnett would shoot those inside shots.  One time he gave it to BBD who hit Pierce for a 3 but we went from a 5 foot shot to a 3pointer.  The other time, it turned into a turnover for 3 seconds.  KG needs to shoot that shot when he's that close.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

"Shaq's not going to be back in this game" Greg Dickerson

YA THINK GREG!!!   GREAT REPORT!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Rondo passes up another layup

Sections
Shortcuts