Game Thread: Celtics vs. Pistons 4.3.11

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs. Pistons 4.3.11

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs. Pistons 4.3.11:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs. Pistons 4.3.11 : For once we have a Celtic hurt and not sporting a "walking boot"
    Posted by dino1980[/QUOTE]

That's such good news.  I can't remember a team suffering more injuries in a year than the C's did this year.  Its a testament to the Big 3 and to Doc that they got through this year with such a good overall record when they had Perk, West, Shaq, Wafer, KG, Rondo, Semih, and JON all miss anywhere from 2 weeks to 3+ months.  

Maybe, just maybe - we're coming together.  We'll see over the next few games.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs. Pistons 4.3.11 : No doubt, but Shaq isn't going to forget how to play before the playoffs start. I'd put that on the other guys who aren't nearly 40

He definitely won't forget HOW to play, but for championship ball, we have to be at the TOP of our game and that means teamwork and timing and game conditioning (which, when you add cutting and jumping and direction changes..... is different than bicycle conditioning).   I hope he gets well soon so we can get him worked in.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

"Not as sever as Von's injury" - Doc

WOW that's awesome to hear!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]"Not as sever as Von's injury" - Doc WOW that's awesome to hear!!!

That IS awesome.  Sooo glad to hear that!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs. Pistons 4.3.11 : That IS awesome.  Sooo glad to hear that!
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]

Given the way things seem to work with him, I will believe he will be back when he is on the floor. He is a 300lb old man (for an athlete). Things just take longer to heal, and this one is tough to deal with. Walking-even without a limp-means nothing with this. I want to see him run well. Then I will believe its healed or "not as severe as Wafer's"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Only time will tell, but it could be worse.  At least there's hope.  At least he didn't rupture his achilles, which a lot of us were worried about.  I'd rather have this relieved uncertainty than to be certain of that worst case scenario.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs. Pistons 4.3.11 : Given the way things seem to work with him, I will believe he will be back when he is on the floor. He is a 300lb old man (for an athlete). Things just take longer to heal, and this one is tough to deal with. Walking-even without a limp-means nothing with this. I want to see him run well. Then I will believe its healed or "not as severe as Wafer's"
    Posted by pumpsie-green[/QUOTE]

We'll also be ok if Shaq can be a 3rd big off the bench.  Ideally he's healthy enough to be #1 or 2 but this could have been a result of THAT much time off.  From what everyone's saying 'post game' it's not going to keep him out long.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

prob out for reg season... would need at least one week rest, maybe more

Sections
Shortcuts