Game Thread: Celtics vs Rockets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Game Thread: Celtics vs Rockets

Ok Celtics, it's time to get that 20th win.  Seems that we've gotten used to having 20 wins after the first month of the season but this year is different.

Let's close the gap and put ourselves in a position to face Philly tomorrow with first place on the line.

Let's go Celtics.  No letdowns.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Rockets

In Response to Game Thread: Celtics vs Rockets:
    [QUOTE]Ok Celtics, it's time to get that 20th win.  Seems that we've gotten used to having 20 wins after the first month of the season but this year is different. Let's close the gap and put ourselves in a position to face Philly tomorrow with first place on the line. Let's go Celtics.  No letdowns.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

I hope that you are right.  The Celtics need to win another game at home before the next stretch of away games.  Unfortunately, if I remember correctly they almost never beat the Rockets.  Hopefully, tonight will be different.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

I hope Rondo starts coming up with consistant performances from here on out.
    That's not expecting tripple doubles every game. Can he motivate himself without the national spotlight? I hope he does.
    We need the win tonight.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Bass leaves again..

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Rondo's jumpshot is coming through. Keep it up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Bench is weak.  They've not come in and provided energy/defense/points.    Garnett went out and things changed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

what is Dooling doing?? not giving the rock up, then wastes time and kicks out to Stiemsma for 3???

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

like how they keep scola is the best player in the league... under the rim!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Scola is looking like an All Star.  We better find someone to contain him.

I can't wait until this team comes out and plays a "complete" game.  We seem to start out so slow and flat.  Houston is clearly the aggressor.

I am sure we'll adjust but we seem to start so slow.  28 first quarter points is just too much.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

I hope Pietrus can restrain himself when his shots aren't falling...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Rockets:
    [QUOTE]The problem with the Celtic offense is there's no low post threat. A guy like Kaman would really help.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

The last 3 games we averaged 48 points in the paint.
    Rondo's slashing has something to do with it.
    Our average is just 34.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

who says ray cant put it on the floor and make accurate passes off the dribble?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]The problem with the Celtic offense is there's no low post threat. A guy like Kaman would really help.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

True, but clearly in Danny's mind, they must be asking for too much.   Most teams haven't make ANY trades so its clear that most teams are asking for a lot for their players.  Maybe there will be some lowering of expectations at the last minute.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Starters back.....a little mini run.  Let's keep it going, guys.  Nice pass, Rondo.  Nice Shot, Ray.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Rockets : The last 3 games we averaged 48 points in the paint. Rondo's slashing has something to do with it. Our average is just 34.
    Posted by srinivasa[/QUOTE]

yup..im starting to see it.

love the way our starting unit is playing lately. we are def playing better than we were the last time we went on a 4 game streak..that is encouraging.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]who says ray cant put it on the floor and make accurate passes off the dribble?
    Posted by CAPITALIST_AVENGER[/QUOTE]

I see him standing around too much.  Then when he has to, he makes a good play.  I'd like to see him try more often because he can penetrate and he can create a little....not world class, but better than he gets credit for.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]Scola is looking like an All Star.  We better find someone to contain him. I can't wait until this team comes out and plays a "complete" game.  We seem to start out so slow and flat.  Houston is clearly the aggressor. I am sure we'll adjust but we seem to start so slow.  28 first quarter points is just too much.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]
    thanks for the thread..Pete..just for that, Steisma sed dedicating game to you...thats the latest rumor anyways...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I like our starters.  I don't like our bench.  Bass makes the starters faster and they play well together.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Our D will sorely miss KG once he's gone.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

my day off, and still cant get home fro game  time...ugh...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Our D will sorely miss KG once he's gone.
    Posted by srinivasa[/QUOTE]

Yes, he's a special defensive player.  Only 3 or 4 players like that each generation.  Duncan and Garnett were the best we've seen in a while on the defensive end.   Before that we saw Jordan, DJ, and Akeem.   Dumars and Cooper in that class, too.  Not only KG's own play, but how he makes others play D with talking and helping.

We will miss KG.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]my day off, and still cant get home fro game  time...ugh...
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

Get home tomorrow.....I predict a dog fight with Philly!!

Sections
Shortcuts