Game Thread: Celtics vs Rockets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Game Thread: Celtics vs Rockets

This is one of those games that serves as a measuring stick of how well we're coming together as a team.

Houston will push the pace but we'll have to weather the storm and keep Lin and Harden in tact.

Harden can get his (30 points) but we cannot let anyone else go off.

I don't see anyone on the Rockets who can stay with Jeff Green.  He should have a productive game tonight.  I also want to see Courtney come out and play well against his old team.

Let's go Celtics....

P.S. Prayers to the folks in Newtown, CT......

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Rockets

The Celtics inconsistent play of late suggests WE are not that good.....

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

We're 12 - 9 on a 2 game winning streak and we were as inconsistent as we could be in our last game just 2 days ago against the Mavs.  The best thing we did in that game was WIN IT!

Consistency is putting something together, not just in TD Garden but on the road.  That is what we need to do and hopefully we do that tonight.

But I don't think it's as forgone a conclusion as you make it by saying we should win because Houston is not that good.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

KG missing bunnies at the rim.  We need those because by the 3rd quarter he won't be going inside.  He'll be shooting 20 footers.  We need to take advantage of that.

Asik is giving up, cherry picking right off the pick and roll so KG should be able to get to the rim.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Rondo to much fancy dribbling.....C'mon man!! value the b-ball

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Gosh!! try strait man to man Doc!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Wow, Jeff Green has NO HANDLE.  He just wasted two turnovers (missed layup and turnover).

Wow, Terry took last shot in the quarter.  Rondo and Pierce were on the bench.  Good look though.

We have to cut down on the turnovers and play much better defense.  Houston got what they wanted.  We're in this.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

JEFF GREEN.......send it down big fella....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Thats how you play JG!!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Why take JG out!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

Why take JG out!!

bECASUE HE JUST STARTED DOING WELL...

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

I'd like to see Barbosa in this game. Pace seems perfect for him. Not to mention fresh legs. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

What in the he11 what bass doing trapping way out there?  He left our D exposed, again.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Fierce, you would be the ONLY person "shocked" if the Celtics were to lose this game.

Amazing how you cannot see the inconsistent play of this team!

Like I said, we are not that good right now and we're playing like it tonight so far.

True, it's not over and I hope we are able to make a run and pull it out but we are so inconsistent as a team that it's funny (actually it's not).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

As bad as our D is, we are only down 5! That is truely amazing!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:

Fierce, you would be the ONLY person "shocked" if the Celtics were to lose this game.

Amazing how you cannot see the inconsistent play of this team!

Like I said, we are not that good right now and we're playing like it tonight so far.

True, it's not over and I hope we are able to make a run and pull it out but we are so inconsistent as a team that it's funny (actually it's not).

We'll also coming off a double overtime game on a day's rest. The team is on the upswing they've been playing alot better since they were beat by the nets. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Is it midnight yet (Dec 15th)? DA trade for a quality big!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Man Courtney Lee has not worked out. -21 on the night. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

We played a double OT game on Wednesday after 4 days rest.  This is our 2nd game since last Saturday against Philly.  Let's not make excuses for our poor play.  These are professional NBA players who are in shape after 4 days rest.

Our defense is horrible and our offensive execution isn't much better.  That's not because we played a double OT game on Wednesday.

If that's the case, then I guess we're in HUGE TROUBLE tomorrow in San Antonio.  We may as well mail that one in.

We're not on any upswing?  Why?  Because we beat Philly on the 2nd night of a back to back and then we beat a Mavs team without Dirk?  I beg to differ.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Alll night long Rondo has been carelessly throwing that ball across court and 2 other times they almost stole it.  This time, at a critical point, it could be the killer.  Frustrating the mistakes we keep making.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:

We played a double OT game on Wednesday after 4 days rest.  This is our 2nd game since last Saturday against Philly.  Let's not make excuses for our poor play.  These are professional NBA players who are in shape after 4 days rest.

Our defense is horrible and our offensive execution isn't much better.  That's not because we played a double OT game on Wednesday.

If that's the case, then I guess we're in HUGE TROUBLE tomorrow in San Antonio.  We may as well mail that one in.

We're not on any upswing?  Why?  Because we beat Philly on the 2nd night of a back to back and then we beat a Mavs team without Dirk?  I beg to differ.

Down a little, are you, Petey?  Smile.   Its ok, man.  We are improving only slowly, for sure, but there's improvement.   We just have a long way to go but we'll improve.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Well, this one is about over, fellas.  This could be a tough road trip and we will all experience some pain until after the all star break when I predict this team will be much better.  Yes, I know its wishful thinking but let me have my fantasy, ok?

Sections
Shortcuts