Game Thread: Celtics vs Rockets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Rockets

Fierce, I guess you're shocked now!

That's a wrap.  Extremely disappointed.

Against a team that we should beat, we get totallly outplayed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

No boxing out on the defensive boards and poor defensive rotations is killing us tonight!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Down a little, are you, Petey?  Smile.   Its ok, man.  We are improving only slowly, for sure, but there's improvement.   We just have a long way to go but we'll improve.

[/QUOTE]

You are correct the Celts will still improve. But I don't think the Celts will improve enough to become an elite team.

[/QUOTE]

Well, that's an easy prediction!  Way to go out on a limb there, Fierce.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We played a double OT game on Wednesday after 4 days rest.  This is our 2nd game since last Saturday against Philly.  Let's not make excuses for our poor play.  These are professional NBA players who are in shape after 4 days rest.

Our defense is horrible and our offensive execution isn't much better.  That's not because we played a double OT game on Wednesday.

If that's the case, then I guess we're in HUGE TROUBLE tomorrow in San Antonio.  We may as well mail that one in.

We're not on any upswing?  Why?  Because we beat Philly on the 2nd night of a back to back and then we beat a Mavs team without Dirk?  I beg to differ.

[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with you. These boys are very inconsistent and the bench has been disappointing thus far. Green continues to play hide and seek and Bass is not a starter. So far this has not been working out. Oh, forgot to mention poor defense, turnovers and no boards! Smdh

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Doc has waived the white flag!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with you. These boys are very inconsistent and the bench has been disappointing thus far. Green continues to play hide and seek and Bass is not a starter. So far this has not been working out. Oh, forgot to mention poor defense, turnovers and no boards! Smdh

[/QUOTE]

Other than that, how was the Play, Mrs Lincoln?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Petey62's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We played a double OT game on Wednesday after 4 days rest.  This is our 2nd game since last Saturday against Philly.  Let's not make excuses for our poor play.  These are professional NBA players who are in shape after 4 days rest.

Our defense is horrible and our offensive execution isn't much better.  That's not because we played a double OT game on Wednesday.

If that's the case, then I guess we're in HUGE TROUBLE tomorrow in San Antonio.  We may as well mail that one in.

We're not on any upswing?  Why?  Because we beat Philly on the 2nd night of a back to back and then we beat a Mavs team without Dirk?  I beg to differ.

[/QUOTE]

Down a little, are you, Petey?  Smile.   Its ok, man.  We are improving only slowly, for sure, but there's improvement.   We just have a long way to go but we'll improve.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah the Cs may improve some but with this roster, they are going nowhere.... Ainge, for whatever reason did not get what this team needs most.... he loaded up with smalls and thats why they are a bad rebounding team and when KG is out of the game the defense is awful....if Ainge doesnt do something soon this team will struggle to make the playoffs and if they do make it there, they wont get past the first round....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

this team is so frustrating to watch

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Fierce, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the Celtics will be an elite team by season's end.  We will be one of the best 4 in the East and I think we'll be one of the top 3.

We've ALWAYS rebounded poorly.  We never were fast nor athletic.  The difference is we always had tough defense.   I think the D will improve, Bradley will come back, and the rotation will shorten at season's end.   At that point, we will be playing much better.

Only piece that worries me is Bass.  He's just not a starting power forward and is too inconsistent.  If we don't get either a power forward or center - my predictions may well fall flat.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

I am not giving up yet! We need to trade for a quality big and get AB back!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You are correct the Celts will still improve. But I don't think the Celts will improve enough to become an elite team.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think we have to face reality. Pierce and KG are old. Nobody beats Father Time.

I'm just going to enjoy the ride.

[/QUOTE]

I will enjoy the ride, too.....but with a bit more optimism.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Enjoyed the play but not the game. hope that answers your question! ;-)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think we have to face reality. Pierce and KG are old. Nobody beats Father Time.

[/QUOTE]

Speaking of KG and father time, so why does Ainge sign him to a 3 yr contract?? He barely plays 30 mins a game this year.... what happens next year? and the year after?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

if what asik did to the celtics tonight doesnt prove we need another big man, i dont know what will.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Enjoyed the play but not the game. hope that answers your question! ;-)

[/QUOTE]

LOL!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

We are just not that good.  The team runs through Pierce and KG and with an 82 game schedule they will not be able to make it over the whole season. They need some of the others to be stars and carry the team when these games are close.  I don't see any thing like that. The culture of the team puts everything through Pierce and no one else can lead.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Speaking of KG and father time, so why does Ainge sign him to a 3 yr contract?? He barely plays 30 mins a game this year.... what happens next year? and the year after?

[/QUOTE]

Because to get him for one year, Ainge had to agree to KG's terms.  KG likely wanted to have a contract that gave him the option of playing 3 years in the same place.   KG, if the team falters too badly, may just retire after the first or second year of this contract.   But, if Ainge makes some good moves, KG is a great player to help fill out a team.   

In other words, he can't carry us, but he's a centerpiece if given some help.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

One more reason DA will pull the trigger,  hopefully for that mythical bigman we've  needed since  he said adios to Perk.  Bradley's return will help, but without a greater response to addressing  our weaknesses,  we are a mediocre team which will end  the season  a few games above  .500 and be overmatched, not just by Miami, but NY, Brooklyn, and Philly too, IMO.

I know  I said I wouldn't make up my mind about this team until January, and Bradley is still out, but inconsistent means  one  step forward and  one step backwards, and that is the best way to define this  team after 25% of the season.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to breaktime's comment:
    [QUOTE]

One more reason DA will pull the trigger,  hopefully for that mythical bigman we've  needed since  he said adios to Perk.  Bradley's return will help, but without a greater response to addrressing  our weaknesses,  we are a mediocre team which will end  the season  a few games above  .500 and be overmatched, not just by Miami, but NY, Brooklyn, and Philly too, IMO.

I know  I said I wouldn't make up my mind about this team until January, and Bradley is still out, but inconsistent means  one  step forward and  one step backwards, and that is the best way to define this  team after 25% of the season.

[/QUOTE]

I agree.... Bradley will help some but interior defense is a huge problem...KG never has help when he is in and when he is out, the defense falls apart... I dont know who they get but it needs to be a pretty darn good player to make this a better team....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to breaktime's comment:
    [QUOTE]

One more reason DA will pull the trigger,  hopefully for that mythical bigman we've  needed since  he said adios to Perk.  Bradley's return will help, but without a greater response to addrressing  our weaknesses,  we are a mediocre team which will end  the season  a few games above  .500 and be overmatched, not just by Miami, but NY, Brooklyn, and Philly too, IMO.

[/QUOTE]

You really have it right. This team without Bradley coming back like he was last  year and adding a big man has no chance to be much better than a .500 team.  This was the game they had to win to make the trip and they will now struggle to recover from this loss.

Sections
Shortcuts