Game Thread: Celtics vs Rockets

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Rockets

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

1. It is accurate to say: So far Ray is better than Terry on both ends of the floor. The same is valid for last year and for the career it is not even close. And Terry is NOT someone known for stellar and consistent post season performance.

2. It is accurate to say:Terry is a horrible defender and due to his lack of size worse than Ray, especially if you mix him with Rondo and AB who are both small. Ray is not asked do to less in Miami compared to what Terry is doing for us.

3. It is a different discussion to say: Lee+Terry is better than only Ray cause it is hard to compare 2 against 1 player. But: Lee and Ray is better than Lee and Terry.

4. We could have kept Ray AND have Lee on top if I'm not misleaded. Or Ray and Terry's money for a big. That would also be better than Lee and Terry.

5. It is a whole different discussion if AB or Ray should start.

To sum it up: We are not better with Ray gone!

Respect your opinion and agree with you.  Ray + Lee is definitely better than Terry + Lee.   Its not even close.  Look at every stat from rebounds to shooting percentage and look at how they play D.  The issue is not whether people love Ray but how poorly Terry is playing.   Don't know how anyone can defend Terry's play this year so far.  We can HOPE he plays better in the playoffs but that Playoff series against Miami was 2 good games in a career and it was 2 years ago.   Right now, the guy flat out stinks.

And.....we could have gotten Lee if Ray was still here and we would be a better team, imo.  Keep everything the same as today and take Ray instead of Terry.....and to me its clear we would be a better team.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

Respect your opinion and agree with you.  Ray + Lee is definitely better than Terry + Lee.   Its not even close.  Look at every stat from rebounds to shooting percentage and look at how they play D.  The issue is not whether people love Ray but how poorly Terry is playing.   Don't know how anyone can defend Terry's play this year so far.  We can HOPE he plays better in the playoffs but that Playoff series against Miami was 2 good games in a career and it was 2 years ago.   Right now, the guy flat out stinks.

And.....we could have gotten Lee if Ray was still here and we would be a better team, imo.  Keep everything the same as today and take Ray instead of Terry.....and to me its clear we would be a better team.

No, we would not have gotten Lee if Ray was still here.

You really think Lee would agree to be the 3rd string SG?

Come on, if Ray was still a Celtic, he would still be getting 30 minutes per game. It's addition by subtraction, Ray leaving was what's best for the Celtics.

Yes, Fierce, I do.  Lee would have come if Ray were here.  He thought he was going to be behind Bradley and Terry so why would he not think he could play behind Bradley and Ray.   Doc and Danny did a hard sell on Lee and due to his respect/friendship with Doc, he came.  He would have done that whether it was Ray or Terry.

In addition, you completely miss the point made by multiple of us.  The issue isn't about Ray.  The issue is about the tradeoff of Ray vs Terry.  The issue here is how bad Terry is playing.   Why you keep defending him when his play is terrible, I'll never know.  The guy is stinking up the place and that is the issue.   Those like you who argue that Terry was better than Ray have been proven wrong.  Terry stinks and even if he plays better in the playoffs, he's already been hurting this team.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Well Terry's shooting stinks, other than that he has played OK.  He has made some big plays in the last few games,  stuff that don't show up in the boxscore.  Haven't heard any bickering from within on him either. I knew Ray didn't like the bench last year and stated it a lot.  The Ray fans all said he was being a good soldier and went to Doc and asked to sit the bench.  I knew that was hogwash as well.  We finally found out the truth on that situation didn't we?  

Terry will end up finding his shot again, will hit some big shots.    Sometimes I wonder if some of you guys even want him to hit his shot just so you can say "I told you so".  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In response to celtic213's comment:

respect your opinion. couldnt disagree more

The difference is: My "opinion" is based on arguments yours is just, well, your opinion. But I'm fine with that.

In response to Fierce34's comment:

No, we would not have gotten Lee if Ray was still here.

You really think Lee would agree to be the 3rd string SG?

Yes I do, Lee accepted to play behind AB and Terry! And you totally ignore the fact that we could have spend Terry's money for a big who we desperately need. It is not that we love Ray to much (everyone knows his flaws), but you always hated Ray. You tell us to forget about Ray but mention him in every thread.

In response to concord27's comment:

Terry has been a stellar play off performer.

That is just not true. He had two big games in the finals (Ray also has some nice games in the post season for us), but never came up big the playoffs for longer stretches. He was one of the major reasons the Mavs were called soft and underachieved many times in the post season. Actually I like Terry (As my second team are the Mavs) but some people even called him a great defender or the second most important player on championship team - That is just wrong, period.

By the way: I'm not saying that Terry is a bad replacement for Ray. Besides maybe Crawford in LA he would have been also one of my first choices as a replacement. But so far he is a big dissapointment and with Ray, I'm sure, we would have some more wins. And that doesn't even consider Terry's money for a big.

8. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts