Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 1

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 1

Let's start out strong and play lock down defense.  Our perimeter players are going to have to step up.  Guys like Holiday, Turner, Iggy and Williams cannot get going or we're in trouble.

Rondo, AB, Dooling and Pietrus are going to have to play exceptional defense.  Philly shot 40% or better in only one game in the Bulls series.  Let's hope they still have yet to find their offensive touch.

Let's go Celtics......Let's go get it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics2008Champs. Show Celtics2008Champs's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 1

Pietrus needs to be a factor offensively this series, he cant average 2 points a game ..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

I am concerned about this series. The Sixers are a high-flying team loaded with scorers. Boston is beat up. It would really help if Pietrus and Bass show up because you never know if Allen and Pierce will. When you consider that the following players are hurt for Boston: Bradley, Pierce, Allen, Pietrus just barely got back(is he still hurt? has he gotten his legs back?), Stiemsma-who isn't hurt for Boston? The Sixers are a very good team. Incredibly balanced. Anybody who thinks that this is going to be a cakewalk for Boston has never seen the Sixers play. I hope that I am wrong about this but I think that this is going to be a very very tough series.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

All right Petey!  You have started the thread. That is a good start.  Lets Go Celts!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 1:
    I am concerned about this series. The Sixers are a high-flying team loaded with scorers. Boston is beat up. It would really help if Pietrus and Bass show up because you never know if Allen and Pierce will. When you consider that the following players are hurt for Boston: Bradley, Pierce, Allen, Pietrus just barely got back(is he still hurt? has he gotten his legs back?), Stiemsma-who isn't hurt for Boston? The Sixers are a very good team. Incredibly balanced. Anybody who thinks that this is going to be a cakewalk for Boston has never seen the Sixers play. I hope that I am wrong about this but I think that this is going to be a very very tough series.
    Posted by guyfromtex

Tex, it will not be easy.  The Celts will have to win ugly.  This will be a tough series.  Go Celts!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Sixers out to a good start.  Come on Cs!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

dayum, Bass 0-3 so far!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

looks like KG is going to have to carry Boston for a while...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

4 minutes, 4 points...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Rondo needs to penetrate the Sixers defense and stop trying to make those stupid passes..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Oh I hate this start.  All we're doing is shooting perimeter shots and missing them.  Hawes and Brand are not shot blockers so we need to get to the rim.

We need to attack the rim and quit shooting and missing perimeter shots.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Boston is shooting bricks...C's need to start shooting high percentage shots...those jump shots just aren't falling in...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Gee, we musta had 3-4 behind the back passes...  we so cool... 7 mins played and we have 6 points..

We shooting bad but we also dont look fluid on offense at all.. ball not moving

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Oh I hate this start.  All we're doing is shooting perimeter shots and missing them.  Hawes and Brand are not shot blockers so we need to get to the rim. We need to attack the rim and quit shooting and missing perimeter shots.
    Posted by Petey62

You are Right on...Jump Shots...Jump Shots...Jump Shots and no rebounds !!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

This is GAME ONE of the SECOND ROUND.  This is the playoffs.

You'd expect the Celtics to come out with a little more fire and aggressiveness.  Philly right now is taking it to us.

We cannot dig ourselves into these holes so early in the game.  It makes no sense.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Oh I hate this start.  All we're doing is shooting perimeter shots and missing them.  Hawes and Brand are not shot blockers so we need to get to the rim. We need to attack the rim and quit shooting and missing perimeter shots.
    Posted by Petey62

Getting only jump shots because no one is going to the hole hard.  

We just don't like to do anything easy and added to our injuries, its going to be a struggle.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Pierce gets fouled on our FIRST ATTEMPT AT ATTACKING THE RIM.

If we take it to the rim, good things will happen.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

I don't like what I'm seeing so far. Sixers' 3 guard rotation is killing us. We can't BUY a bucket.

We struggle with athletic teams. Sixers are tougher than the Hawks.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Posted by Petey62

I hope Doc sees what you and I just did...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Celtics are just a slower starting team.  Its like it takes a while for that engine oil to warm up.   But, we will have a run, the Garden will go crazy, and just like that, we'll be in it and playing well.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 1 : I hope Doc sees what you and I just did...
    Posted by guyfromtex

I hope the players see that they're getting their butts kicked and start to go to the hole more aggressively and START REBOUNDING!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I don't like what I'm seeing so far. Sixers' 3 guard rotation is killing us. We can't BUY a bucket. We struggle with athletic teams. Sixers are tougher than the Hawks.
    Posted by Waynestarr

Atlanta is just as athletic as Philly.  Even more so with their bigs.  Philly's athleticism isn't hurting us.

What's hurting us is US!  Our settling for outside jumpers.  Our inablity to attack the basket.  The 3 times when we did, Pierce got fouled, Bass got fouled and Pierce got fouled a second time - all resulting in 6 made foul shots.

The perimeter shots will come but we just have to keep attacking the rim.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Bass and Steimer are out of position so often for rebounds and defense that I can just scream at the TV.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Pierce with the BLOCK!

I thought he had a strained MCL.. LOL

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Jeez.. Sixers are LIGHTING it up.. Making crazy off-balance shots.. SMH

Sections
Shortcuts