Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 1

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 1

Bradley is stinking it up...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

As with every other game, our top 7 guys will either win this game or lose it.  We can't count on players that are subs and inexperienced.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Bass hearing some boo's

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

So is Brass and Pierce...I wish we could see Daniels and Pavlovic

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Bass cant buy a jump shot...GEEZ!!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Doc doesnt sit his starters unless they fracture and ankle...

So get used to living with any bad playing..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

oh boy, awful start so far.....allowing an 8-0 run to the 6ers with young on the bench is inexcusable....doc should have called time when the lead reached 9

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Doc needs to figure out Philly's defense quickly before this gets out of hand!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Good to see Bass continue to be worthless even when he's getting his wide open shot. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Wow - I would not have guessed that we'd get WORSE not better as the game wore on.  They are faster to the ball, higher on their jump, hitting more shots, and just plain better than we are right now.   Celtics are looking very old and slow and scared.  The block on Bradley's and Pierce's layups shows that they are just faster to the ball.  We better get some energy fast or we'll be in a hole too large to overcome.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 1:
    As with every other game, our top 7 guys will either win this game or lose it.  We can't count on players that are subs and inexperienced.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Sasha and Daniels are hardly inexperienced..why not give Pietrus a shot. It's not like Pierce is doing anything...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Doc during the TO: "Cmon guuuuyysss..."

Thanks Doc

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

So I guess this is Rondo's fault too, right...? 

In all seriousness, Bradley, Bass and Pierce should be firmly planted on the bench. Bring Ray in for some shooting, but at this point your starting line up should look as so:

Rondo
    Dooling
    Pietrus
    Garnett
    Hollins

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Don't forget guys...we did not play tremendously in the 6th game vs. Hawks. Only KG was terrific as he is now.  They are making perimeter shots & points in the paint either driving to the basket or putting in a rebound. I don't have an answer. Run or not, I don't think they are going to fold.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Good to see Bass continue to be worthless even when he's getting his wide open shot. 
    Posted by tompenny

I don't know why he's so hesitant.  Just choking, isn't he?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Doc has to sit Bass down...He's just not right...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Evan Turner has lived up to his draft status, unfortunately.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

refs are about as terrible as the celtics right now

and can someone PLEASE BOX OUT?!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Sixers seem to have a sixth man on the floor they are just flying to the ball...all over the place.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Doc during the TO: "Cmon guuuuyysss..." Thanks Doc
    Posted by Karllost

Get real, Karl.  The camera doesn't capture what goes on in the huddle.  Doc is pleading with his team but I would be willing to bet money he's trying plays and moves to get them moving, as well.   We just aren't hitting anything.....and getting our shot blocked constantly.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Sixers seem to have a sixth man on the floor they are just flying to the ball...all over the place.
    Posted by jdm894g

the celts are just staring at the ball when it goes off the rim, no boxing out or rebounding....that better change or they will get blown out

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

I am encouraged by the fact that Boston is clearly being outplayed but is not facing a huge deficit. The C's defensive rotations have to improve. Boston is missing a lot of easy shots...i suspect that they'll start falling in pretty soon.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

very lucky to be within 5 at the half after that terrible performance....hopefully they come out stronger in the 2nd half

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 1 : Get real, Karl.  The camera doesn't capture what goes on in the huddle.  Doc is pleading with his team but I would be willing to bet money he's trying plays and moves to get them moving, as well.   We just aren't hitting anything.....and getting our shot blocked constantly.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Lose your sense of humor?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Don't forget guys...we did not play tremendously in the 6th game vs. Hawks. Only KG was terrific as he is now.  They are making perimeter shots & points in the paint either driving to the basket or putting in a rebound. I don't have an answer. Run or not, I don't think they are going to fold.
    Posted by mandobello

Correct.  We have to look at it this way.  The Sixers are just kicking our butts with blocked shots, rebounds, and hitting their shots.....and we're down by a whopping 5 points.   If I'm a Sixer fan, I'm worried because the Celtics are NOT going to give up and eventually, Rondo and Pierce will join Ray and KG and lookout Sixers!

Sections
Shortcuts