Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 1

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 1

Seriously, was there ever any doubt? not by me..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 1:
    [QUOTE]Let the nitpicking began(even though we won).....
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]
    LOL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]clutch bucket by who???? RAJON RONDO. who got the ball and was too fast to get fouled? Rajon Rondo.  who had ANOTHER triple double?? RAJON PIERRE RONDO. keep hating, i love it!!
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

rondo was the difference in this game, no doubt about it....

KG played very well too, but rajon kept us in it and hit THREE clutch jumpers

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Let's go Nuggets!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]Seriously, was there ever any doubt? not by me..
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

i knew they would pick it up in the end, my only doubt was if it would be in time to win this one

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]Let's go Nuggets!!!
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

i second that!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Impressive win in that the C's were hardly impressive. They were really flat for much of the game but poured it on when they had to against a very gritty Sixers team. Rondo had an outstanding second half, and KG was terrific.

Now, I think I speak for everyone here when I say ...

BEAT L.A.!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 1 :   rondo was the difference in this game, no doubt about it.... KG played very well too, but rajon kept us in it and hit THREE clutch jumpers
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]
    in the 4th qtr.  Take that Dud/Pud and all the doubters!!!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE

!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 1 : in the 4th qtr.  Take that Dud/Pud and all the doubters!!!!!!!

im with ya man....ive always been a rondo supporter even though he does make some stupid plays, he is very talented and clutch and this team wouldnt be nearly as good without him.

and also, pud is an idiot

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenmonstaa. Show greenmonstaa's posts

How about Rondo's post game interview on tnt?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

It's remarkable the level KG is playing at. Really is. With a hobbled Pierce he's really stepping it up big time. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 1 :   rondo was the difference in this game, no doubt about it.... KG played very well too, but rajon kept us in it and hit THREE clutch jumpers
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

yea, but what your saying is impossible..bc Rondo cant shoot AT ALL. and he is playing terrible..

must be luck. and that triple double he had tonite? disregard it, just because.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Is this damn game ever going to start?!?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I will call your bluff.  Yeah, (even though we won), so what.  I am glad we escaped with a win but I'm going to nitpick.

We cannot continue to come out flat against the team.  We are only making it harder on ourselves.  We only have one day off between games and we cannot continue to grind these guys 35, 39 and 40 minutes.  We can't come out as the "cool" Celtics.  We have to come out with the hungry Celtics with a sense of urgency.

Another nitpick, we HAVE to get some bench production.  Pietrus has to stop chucking up the 3 and take it to the rim when it's there.  The only thing on his stat line is 3-point attempts.

Bass has to give us more, offensively and defensively.  Rondo's not going to get triple doubles every night so somebody's going to have to pick up some rebounding (Bass & Pietrus).

Philly let us off the hook tonight.  When the game was on the line, they took some really ill-advised shots.  I heard that Lou Williams has the green light.  That doesn't mean you SHOULD take the shot, especially when it's a bad one.

I am concerned because we only have one day off but we are going to have to play a whole lot better or we're in for a long fight in this series.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]It's remarkable the level KG is playing at. Really is. With a hobbled Pierce he's really stepping it up big time. 
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]
    KG has always been an unselfish player when it comes to shooting the ball.
    I think he's only doing what he thinks he has to do.
    No PP & RA at 100% = KG picking up the shooting slack
    Hope he can stay on top of it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 1": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 1 :   rondo was the difference in this game, no doubt about it.... KG played very well too, but rajon kept us in it and hit THREE clutch jumpers Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE] Hard to argue which was more important. KG would get my vote but certainly the 2 of them delivered this win tonight.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Waaaay to close for comfort!

We were lucky to come away with a "W."

KG and R9R picked it up for us when it counted.

Pud

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 1 : yea, but what your saying is impossible..bc Rondo cant shoot AT ALL. and he is playing terrible.. must be luck. and that triple double he had tonite? disregard it, just because.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

haha you dont have to convince me.....im a believer in rondo. he has kept us in some games these playoffs that we would have no business being in otherwise

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Who said Rondo doesn't score in the 4th qtr? Not only did he score but he did it with a jumper!

Bueller?  Bueller?  Anyone (F34)?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Who said Rondo doesn't score in the 4th qtr? Not only did he score but he did it with a jumper! Bueller?  Bueller?  Anyone (F34)?
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Three open jumpers in the last 5 minutes.

Philly can live with that. But give R9R his due.

Pud

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 1 : Three open jumpers in the last 5 minutes. Philly can live with that. But give R9R his due. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

but i thought Rondo was LOSING us games..not winning us games? im confused..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Kevin Garnett has raised his legendary status even higher the last couple of weeks

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Moreover, those that said he hadn't improved his jumper/free throws since coming into the league must be scratching their heads with such a huge improvement over the course of the last few months ... he can still improve and he is improving as we watch ... raise the ceiling cause he hasn't reached it yet!