Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 2

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 2

Bad playing, bad coaching. So a ref, a ref helps decide the game. If the Celts deserved to win I would be angry...but

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 2:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 2 : That is why you come to expect some stupid, ridiculous call sooner or later.  And the good teams don't let it come down to that.  They go out and get the win.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Whatever you say Petey. Apparently it's your board

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 2 : Whatever you say Petey. Apparently it's your board
    Posted by upperco1[/QUOTE]

Petey is right. You play well enough so that it doesn't come down to a blown call or two to decide the game.

We should have put the 76er to bed early on... and didn't.

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 2 : Petey is right. You play well enough so that it doesn't come down to a blown call or two to decide the game. We should have put the 76er to bed early on... and didn't. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

I'm glad to see that you both, at least, admit calls were blown

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]It'll be OK. Other players will not have sucha bad game next time so KG will not be all alone.
    Posted by mbrann[/QUOTE]

That is 2 crappy games back to back for the Cs. Yes, the escaped game 1 with a win. But not this time. Horrible effort. Doc got outcoached or he thought too hard and the Cs got outplayed. This team can't expect to win every game coming from behind. They should have beat this team by 8 or more. Disappointing to say the least. 2 turning points in this ugly game. KG missing free throw after alley oop dunk. That would have only given them a 1 point lead, but that one point is a huge psychological edge. And Doc taking out Pietrus. A really bad loss.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenmuse. Show greenmuse's posts

Might be time to give the second unit a new look, fresh legs and better defense.. Sean Williams in place of Hollins/Steamer, E Moore in place of Ray and Pietrus at small forward.
    Williams becomes quicker shot blocker on Philly drives into paint and match energy of Lavoy.
    E Moore could provide better one on one D than Ray and perhaps get his stroke going
    Pietrus can give PP more time to rest that balky knee, take some of Iggy's offense by playing more in your face D and getting into his head.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

76ers PUNCH the Celtics right in the middle of their grill and take game 2 and HCA.
    hahahahahahaha!Cool

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

You could clearly see Pierce and KG had very little lift in their legs. Short shooting. Front rimmers. But complete and utter failure as a team. And I think their Defense is killing their offense. They need to generate more easy buckets. That would require Rondo and Bradley to be pushing the ball to the rim. The refs missed some big calls for sure, but it the Celtics who lost this game. They just were not up to par.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]76ers PUNCH the Celtics right in the middle of their grill and take game 2 and HCA. hahahahahahaha!
    Posted by BynumizaHERO[/QUOTE]

Kind of early to be shooting your mouth off bzero. Maybe you should wait until after your teams results from this eve against OKC

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 2 : Kind of early to be shooting your mouth off bzero. Maybe you should wait until after your teams results from this eve against OKC
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

Lakers win series in 6 regardless of what happens tonight. The Celtics should be embarassed for losing to the garbage left in the playoffs known as the 76ers.
    hahahahahahahahaha!Cool

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]You could clearly see Pierce and KG had very little lift in their legs. Short shooting. Front rimmers. But complete and utter failure as a team. And I think their Defense is killing their offense. They need to generate more easy buckets. That would require Rondo and Bradley to be pushing the ball to the rim. The refs missed some big calls for sure, but it the Celtics who lost this game. They just were not up to par.

They have held every team to low 40% in shooting literally almost every game. The offense is trash. To blame the defense is laughable. They are playing at an elite level. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 2 : Kind of early to be shooting your mouth off bzero. Maybe you should wait until after your teams results from this eve against OKC

You are right about OKC and the Lakers.  OKC is currently leading by 13 points. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 2 : Lakers win series in 6 regardless of what happens tonight. The Celtics should be embarassed for losing to the garbage left in the playoffs known as the 76ers. hahahahahahahahaha!
    Posted by BynumizaHERO[/QUOTE]

Ok. Byzhero. We shall see. I surely don't see Lakers winning that series in 6. But I will agree with you on one point. The Cs should be embarrassed. But if the Lakers lose tonight by more than 10 shouldn't they be embarrassed as well?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 2 : They have held every team to low 40% in shooting literally almost every game. The offense is trash. To blame the defense is laughable. They are playing at an elite level. 
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

Tom. Come on man. They are fatiqued. Of course their D hurts their offense. I am not nor did I blame the D for the loss. But with that kind of effort something has to give with these older players, and unfortunately it was the offense that suffered.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 2 : Ok. Byzhero. We shall see. I surely don't see Lakers winning that series in 6. But I will agree with you on one point. The Cs should be embarrassed. But if the Lakers lose tonight by more than 10 shouldn't they be embarrassed as well?

The Lakers are playing on 2 days rest and will come back stronger as the series progresses. I just cannot get over the 76ers taking HCA away from the Celtics. That will be the storyline of tonight. Cool

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 2 : Tom. Come on man. They are fatiqued. Of course their D hurts their offense. I am not nor did I blame the D for the loss. But with that kind of effort something has to give with these older players, and unfortunately it was the offense that suffered.

Your on something. Explain to me how ATL and 76ers rarely get good shots while the Celtics for the most part get decent looks and the defense is the problem. Your out of your mind. The offense is horrible starting with super underacheiver Bass. 5-15 and had a good 12 looks. There is no logic to what your saying. None. The defense has been well above average to a well below average offense. I'm not even sure how that's arguable except game 3 against ATL.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 2 : looks bad in retrospect....but pierce is the captain and if he were to hit a big shot tonight like he did on saturday, noone would have questioned the move. pierce has hit plenty of big shots for this team, doc was trying to bank on another, but it didnt happen
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Sometimes a player just misses that one or two shots that they hit in another game and that's the difference.

The team is going to lose the series if Pierce doesn't play better.   Clearly, he's not playing drama queen as someone called him.  His injury is going to be a big problem for us.  I would love to be wrong but MP is just not Paul Pierce and neither is anyone else so I don't know how we replace his normal production.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 2 : Your on something. Explain to me how ATL and 76ers rarely get good shots while the Celtics for the most part get decent looks and the defense is the problem. Your out of your mind. The offense is horrible starting with super underacheiver Bass. 5-15 and had a good 12 looks. There is no logic to what your saying. None. The defense has been well above average to a well below average offense. I'm not even sure how that's arguable except game 3 against ATL.

Tom. You are missing the point. Wow. They are playing outstanding D. I never said they were not. But old legs get tired. And they were fatiqued on offense tonight due in part for all their hard extra work on D. All jumpers and no lift. That equates to tired legs. You must be on something if you don't see that line of reasoning.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 2 : Tom. You are missing the point. Wow. They are playing outstanding D. I never said they were not. But old legs get tired. And they were fatiqued on offense tonight due in part for all their hard extra work on D. All jumpers and no lift. That equates to tired legs. You must be on something if you don't see that line of reasoning.

Playing good defense is killing their offense? Bass doesn't play a lick of defense in general.They have played bad offense 7 out of 8 games. That isn't because of defense. Their team is built on defense. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

we wont see the celtics play like the celtics untill game 5, where we are coming off two days rest. they are exhausted.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 2 : Playing good defense is killing their offense? Bass doesn't play a lick of defense in general.They have played bad offense 7 out of 8 games. That isn't because of defense. Their team is built on defense. 

Forget it Tom. You just don't get it.

Why do you keep blaming Bass like he lost the game. They all stunk tonight. If the Cs have to rely on Bass winning games, then they are in trouble.

Yes, the energy they have to expend on the defensive end is catching up to them(old legs tire quicker) offensively when they only have a day to rest. HOW can you not see that. Where are the tired legs coming from then?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

That was one of the worst games I have ever seen.
    PP really killed us last night with missed shots, turn overs and dribblings into nowhere. Doc made a mistake taking Pietrus out after he made his first contribution of this years postseason. Rondo passed so many open layups it is not even funny, and then misses a money jump shot in the crunch. Bass is the only one c onsintenlygetting open looks, but bricks them all.
    Only KG and Ray came to play tonight. AB at least showed heart.

This is really lame:
    [QUOTE]...E Moore could provide better one on one D than Ray ....
    Posted by greenmuse[/QUOTE]
    Ray is not shooting well this play-offs, but playing well on both ends of the floor (save game 6 vs. the hawks). He played stunning defense last game, and is a better defende than AB this postseason..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]we wont see the celtics play like the celtics untill game 5, where we are coming off two days rest. they are exhausted.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

I hope that you are wrong.  If they don't win at least one game in Philadelphia their playoff run will be over.  Although, it is not impossible, it doesn't happen often that any team in a 7 game series can win 3 games in a row. 

Sections
Shortcuts