Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 3

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 3

We always say how much veteran playoff experience this Celtics team has when faced with long odds.  Tonight, more than anything, we'll need that veteran playoff experience on display.

I anticipate a much better showing by the Celtics and a solid win as we re-claim the momentum in this series.

I predict the following phrase throughout this thread - "Where has this team been?"

Let's go Celtics.  Let's go get it!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 3

With Rose & Noah contributing to a Bulls departure and Bosh's injury maybe contributing to Indy winning and even if the Heat win, we should be favorites in the finals.

But, if we don't beat Philly, this loss of opportunity could be tantamount to the Red Sox collapse last Sept and missing the playoffs.

Monday night my wounds were a bit healed with the Laker loss and a Red Sox win but if we lose tonight, those 2 things happening again are not going to make me feel better.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Wow. Those last two possessions is all the evidence you need that you to prove that the NBA is a fraud...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Pierce just doesn't have it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

I appreciate everything he has done for this franchise, but you have to be able to live in the now -- Pierce should be on the bench. Pietrus and Allen are playing light-years better than him right now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Officiating still really bad. Rondo getting clobbering and no foul call... yikes!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

That's the Rondo we'll need to get a win and some stops please!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Check that!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Okay, I'll retract my statement about Pierce.

I don't think his injury is hampering him, he's just going through a cold streak. If he can continue to work through it, no reason for him to not be on the court.

But damn, these Sixers just aren't missing! They're bound to go cold eventually.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

PP shots aren't falling but his effort is tremendous, I like what he's bringing tonight.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

rondo, you're killing me.....wth was that?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

That's a shame... 

These Sixers are bound to go cold eventually. They can't miss a thing, even with hands in their faces... 

If we can weather storm, this is ours. They can't shoot this well all game long.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Maybe it's me but this DOES look like a different team.  They are taking it to the rim.  Nobody can tell me we could not do this during the 2nd and 3rd quarters on Monday.  We are so much more aggressive.

We need to play with this kind of urgency.

Lucky play at the end.  We have to grab the ball before running down the court.  Its these small plays that will prove the difference at the end of the game.

Too many points.  We have to turn up our defense.  Hopefully, Philly will go into that 2nd quarter shooting lull and we keep up going to the rim.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

I hope someone off the bench, besides Ray, gives us some offense.
    Pietrus is due.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 3:
    [QUOTE]rondo, you're killing me.....wth was that?
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

He couldn't hold on the ball... cut the guy some slack. He's the reason that this game is close. If he hadn't played as well as he had, the Sixers are up by double digits.

He's hitting threes, making his free-throws, converting on tough layups, and people still find something to complain about...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Incredible that the 6xers are shooting 60% ---sort of like OKC last night. We are shooting a respectible 45%. That last 3 was painful when it looked like we had stolen the ball !

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Philly come back to earth, please!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 3 : He couldn't hold on the ball... cut the guy some slack. He's the reason that this game is close. If he hadn't played as well as he had, the Sixers are up by double digits. He's hitting threes, making his free-throws, converting on tough layups, and people still find something to complain about...
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]

i like rondo, but that was just bad, cant afford silly mistakes like that

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 3 : i like rondo, but that was just bad, cant afford silly mistakes like that
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

No one is perfect... 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

All right, lets go Celts!!  Just joining this.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

This officiating is questionable at best.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 3 : No one is perfect... 
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]

obviously, but that was a mental mistake more than anything else, he was trying to run with the ball before he had it....he is playing well though besides that play

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe it's me but this DOES look like a different team.  They are taking it to the rim.  Nobody can tell me we could not do this during the 2nd and 3rd quarters on Monday.  We are so much more aggressive. We need to play with this kind of urgency. Lucky play at the end.  We have to grab the ball before running down the court.  Its these small plays that will prove the difference at the end of the game. Too many points.  We have to turn up our defense.  Hopefully, Philly will go into that 2nd quarter shooting lull and we keep up going to the rim.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

I find it strange too, do we really have to have our backs against the wall in order to play our best basketball? Aren't the playoffs enough motivation in itself?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Getting better.  Lets go guys.  Go KG!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

celtics letting the 76ers hang around by missing free throws....damn

Sections
Shortcuts