Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 3

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 3

Can someone read my initial post kicking off this thread and tell me what is the phrase of the evening?

Please?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGBeast. Show KGBeast's posts

Time to give the big guys some rest, and the rooks some playoff experience!

Well done boys.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 3:
    [QUOTE]Can someone read my initial post kicking off this thread and tell me what is the phrase of the evening? Please?
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Where has this team been?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

why in God's name is Pierce still in this game???

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Get Rondo out of the game.  If you can't play it out RIGHT, don't play it out at all.

Let's play it out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 3 : Where has this team been?
    Posted by prakash[/QUOTE]
    +1

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

hi all, anyone shocked by this BLOWOUT? this team has SERIOUS prideeeee. minute u think they have no shot, they come into your house and punch you in the grill.. now i expect game 4 to be close and come down to a buzzer beater.. I see 3-1!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

love the simple adjustment by doc.. rr, kg, pp.. no sets for pp,l get it as you can. rr and kg won this game! ball in rondo's hands with only set plays run for KG

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

BTW, THE sox ARE WINNING ON ESPN AS WELL!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

E'Twaun Moore sighting.  He looked calm as a seasoned vet with that short shot.

This has undoubtedly been the best 48 minute game played by the Celtics during this entire playoffs.

They sure do know how to respond with their backs against the wall.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Great game, you're a clairvoyant Petey. I didn't see this one coming, I was worried we were having too much injuries. it seems it's a mental issue. If we bring our A-game, Philly is simply no match for us.
    2-1 lead and Pierce getting back to his old self.
    What a great evening this has been.

Now Lakers going down 2-0 to top it off.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

CELTS are exactly what i thought they were! ANYONE wants a piece of Pierce now?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Lets find out what the Fakers are made of....????

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Wow!!  63 posts regarding a very important game 3.  Where is everyone?

Nice win by our guys.

P.S.   Bah - bye Fakers & their minnion trolls.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

I SAY NO SHOT THE LAKES channel their inner green and win tonight. no CELTIC PRIDE!

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]BTW, THE sox ARE WINNING ON ESPN AS WELL!
    Posted by CAPITALIST_AVENGER[/QUOTE]

and the Communist jinx downs another Boston team

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 3 : and the Communist jinx downs another Boston team
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]
    Not a jinx, only a headache.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Finally the Celtics came to play. And all the Cs at that. Well played. Great win. Keep it going.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

I wonder how much that injury to Bosh woke them up and back to reality?

Or was it just the shame of playing like a junior varisty high school team in game 2?

Either way, we cannot forget how to play like this the rest of the way.  No more making it hard on ourselves and winning games 2.5 to 3 times by giving up huge runs at the worst times.

Philly looked stinko tonight, because they are stinko by and large.  Brand is a has been, Turner is a not yet and a bunch of other mediocre non-stars along with Iguodala....  Never forget that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Wow, that was a great game by Rondo! In attacking mode all night, and still creating for his teammates. KG seems to have found a time machine somewhere. He is soooo great. Pierce bad still has no hot hand, but was aggresive. Pietrus seems to be in the series after his threes in game 2 (wonder what happend if doc kept him in the game in the 4th).

Ray was silent on offense with only one shot (and shooting horrible from the line), but if still someone calls him a bad passer (and defender) after this years post season, I will explode.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Wow, that was a great game by Rondo! In attacking mode all night, and still creating for his teammates. KG seems to have found a time machine somewhere. He is soooo great. Pierce bad still has no hot hand, but was aggresive. Pietrus seems to be in the series after his threes in game 2 (wonder what happend if doc kept him in the game in the 4th). Ray was silent on offense with only one shot (and shooting horrible from the line), but if still someone calls him a bad passer (and defender) after this years post season, I will explode.
    Posted by Gasthoerer[/QUOTE]

i think the biggest questions after this season will be:

what is a thrice surgified ankles ray allen worth?

should we have him on the roster at all going forward or go with avery?

i mean i suppose if he'd sign for cheap then he'd be worth it, but he'd have to agree to go with the flow- we were a lot better with healthy avery playing heavy minutes this year than with ray. 

and i never had a problem with ray as defensive player, but avery is better, and bound to keep getting better (young!), right?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 3 : i think the biggest questions after this season will be: what is a thrice surgified ankles ray allen worth? should we have him on the roster at all going forward or go with avery? i mean i suppose if he'd sign for cheap then he'd be worth it, but he'd have to agree to go with the flow- we were a lot better with healthy avery playing heavy minutes this year than with ray.  and i never had a problem with ray as defensive player, but avery is better, and bound to keep getting better (young!), right?
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

This is just a gut feel.  It all depends upon what KG does.  If he agrees to give it one more shot with a small contract (<10M) then it makes sense to bring Ray back on a the cheap.  And I think that Ray will come.  If KG decides to hang it up, the Celts will be blowing it up.  This will definitely be a very interesting off season for the Celts.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 3 : (1) we were a lot better with healthy avery playing heavy minutes this year than with ray. (2) and i never had a problem with ray as defensive player, but avery is better, and bound to keep getting better (young!), right?
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

(1) Well, when Ray was fit in the beginning of the season all others especially Pierce and KG was out of shape. When AB started, KG played out of his mind again (like he does now). The sample size just doesn't proof your opinion.
    We won quite some games without Rondo as well, are we better without him?
    Miami was 10-1 without Wade! Are they better without him?

(2) AB is a pleasant surprise this season. In the RS he exceeded all expectations by far. In the playoffs he is still better than expected but far below his RS contribution. And that is not only because of the injury.

No backdoor cuts for easy baskets in the postseason and playing against taller guards has shown that: 
    -His shooting is not as great as it was in the last part of the RS
    -You can't teach size
    -His ball handling is still raw at best

Will be improve next year? I believe it and hope it! Will he be a starting SG close to the class of Ray was for years? I don't know, no one does...