Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 4

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonIrishGuy. Show BostonIrishGuy's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 4

WE GOT RAWWWBED ...THE REFS CHEATED US. THIS IS SUCH BS

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

So they beat this team by 20 something the other night, have a 17 point lead tonight with their foot on their throat, then blow it and lose? Nice. Stupid and inexcusable, but real nice......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 4:
    In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 4 : we have two days off, its fine.
    Posted by JamezHill24

Games over, you can put your pom poms away

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Yes, KG had no rest, but it is worsen by no help in the paint from another big man.  You can play small for awhile, but the whole 4th with KG getting tired is not the way to go.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

That hot start was not a good idea I suppose.  The Celts just started coasting and the Sixers redoubled the effort.  To bad.  Have to win the next two I suppose.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Dooling entered the game, game over..what does Doc sees.in this guy???? I am blaming it all on Dooling..he was the momentum changer...why not use daniels to bring down the ball for the bench...geez

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bpia5003. Show bpia5003's posts

WE GOT RAWWWBED ...THE REFS CHEATED US. THIS IS SUCH BS
    Posted by BostonIrishGuy

The free throw disparity doesnt lie.

More games = more revenue for the league and once Stern lets the Heat win, they wont be facing a fresh legged team that finished up their series early.

It is fact, not a homer comment.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Sixers fought for it and deserve the win... Celtics were flat entire 2nd half.. and got nothing from bench ..6ers shooting layups or chucks, they all hitting now
    Posted by Karllost

we also got nothing from KG and NOTHING from Doc Ribbers.

Bass was finally on pace to have a good game but then Doc sits him down.  22 mins played?  Sure, it's the playoffs, just leave KG out there with "Twiggy" Hollins who couldn't rebound in an empty gym or what the heck, how about put KG out there with four other guys who nobody exceeds 6-6- we're sure to win a game coached like that!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CA_Sox. Show CA_Sox's posts

Doc running KG ragged and Steamer got 0 mins...
    Posted by Karllost

And what about Bass?? great first half and he gets almost no playing time in the 2nd half??  I think this loss is on Doc...you cant play this older team minutes... KG was exhausted and that is going to carry over to next game ....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonIrishGuy. Show BostonIrishGuy's posts

YOU AHHH AWWL SUCH BLIND HOMAHHS . GO CELTS

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

That hot start was not a good idea I suppose.  The Celts just started coasting and the Sixers redoubled the effort.  To bad.  Have to win the next two I suppose.
    Posted by prakash

It's not about coasting, Prakesh.  It's about maintaining focus and being consistent.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

I just dont understand what Doc was doing...this team is exhausted and he substitutes no one... Ray cant guard Iggy... why has Pietrus or Bass played??
    Posted by CA_Sox

Bass finally played decently!!!  And was rewarded by being benched.

Someone should hit Doc with a taser in the post game presser until he explains exactly what drugs he was on tonight and this IDIOTIC lack of coaching, ridiculous substitutions, and lack thereof

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CA_Sox. Show CA_Sox's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 4 : we also got nothing from KG and NOTHING from Doc Ribbers. Bass was finally on pace to have a good game but then Doc sits him down.  22 mins played?  Sure, it's the playoffs, just leave KG out there with "Twiggy" Hollins who couldn't rebound in an empty gym or what the heck, how about put KG out there with four other guys who nobody exceeds 6-6- we're sure to win a game coached like that!
    Posted by aciemvp

Exactly... I have no idea what Doc was thinking...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

If anybody on this board claims that we GAVE Philly this game, you are delusional.  We did not give Philly anything.  We let Philly TAKE this game from us.  Philly showed what they are about and took this game and we showed our true colors (definition of inconsistency) and did not take this game when we had it in our grasps. We got ourselves a series now.  Oh, we'll still win it but we have a series when, honestly, they should be on the brink of elimination.
    Posted by Petey62

Petey, you're gonna have to explain the difference on this one. If I let you come in my house and take my stereo, isn't that the same as giving it to you?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Anybody catch a whiff of that stench?
    It's the smell of Elven, Bynumishero, and Kobedeman approaching.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 4 : The free throw disparity doesnt lie. More games = more revenue for the league and once Stern lets the Heat win, they wont be facing a fresh legged team that finished up their series early. It is fact, not a homer comment.
    Posted by bpia5003

Pretty tough to disagree with that unless you're one of the puritans that refuses to see it

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

D'oh - Philly just couldn't miss hard jumpers in the clutch, what a joke. And what about that missed layup by Pierce? Just vow.
    Posted by kivanc

Well how about that blown 17 point lead and courageous and effective coaching to the team turned around?

Well at least you can say one thing about doc- he saw that bass was having a decent game finally, and....   benched him.  Doc is so freakkin smart that none of us can possibly understand what he's doing out there.  To us it just looks like stupidity that results in losses. 

But some day, some day, Doc is going to write a book and let us all in on it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Noticed that Ray had the worst +/- stat of anyone on the team, and Bradley had the best +/- stat this game. Why is Ray playing this much, and Bradley so little? Wasn't the team at its best before Ray came back? And didn't the Celts romp in game 3 when Ray only played a few minutes?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

We blow an 18 pt lead and lose by 9 !!! Our jump shooting team was terrific 1st half but same ol, same ol...we lose rebs 52-38, 14 extra chances for them, they get 34-26 points in the paint and the foul disparity of 36-19 was almost as bad as game 7 vs. Lakers 37-17.

Our team needed this because our guys need a rest before next series & who knows if we'll win this now. This proves that next year we need Banger rebounders then all those shots we missed in 2nd half, they would put reb in or pass it our for another chance.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 4 : And what about Bass?? great first half and he gets almost no playing time in the 2nd half??  I think this loss is on Doc...you cant play this older team minutes... KG was exhausted and that is going to carry over to next game ....
    Posted by CA_Sox

Look, I never been crazy about Doc...  but we gonna hear him at press conf saying the same old.. we stopped moving the bal blah blah blah...   yet if DOc see's that, he's powerless to correct it during the game. Thats our coach. KG exhausted while rook Steamer rots on the bench... Bass hitting some shots (he doesnt do much else) so Doc lets him rot the bench...   I mean, when Pietrus finally hit that 3... I expected Doc to immediately call a time out to bench him. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CA_Sox. Show CA_Sox's posts

Noticed that Ray had the worst +/- stat of anyone on the team, and Bradley had the best +/- stat this game. Why is Ray playing this much, and Bradley so little? Wasn't the team at its best before Ray came back? And didn't the Celts romp in game 3 when Ray only played a few minutes?
    Posted by bosoxmal

Because Doc doesnt want to hurt anyone's feelings....there is just no way Ray should be getting those minutes... they should be going to Bradley and Pietrus ..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Rondo was terrible tonight.  He took the 3rd quarter off.  Cost the team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I'm really going to have a bad weekend...Sox lose, Yankees win and Lakers are up 16-4 over OKC !!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

What a joke. Awful. Just awful.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Posted by bosoxmal

wasn't it ray who was "guarding" iguodala on that foul line jumper that killed us? 
    :-O

hickery dickery doc

doc doc doc

i hate that name and that bobble head moron in the post game press conferences of the games that he does LESS THAN NOTHING to guide us to victory.

what i was most impressed with was putting KG out there with NOBODY OVER 6-6 and/or Hollins who never saw a rebound he needed to get for TWENTY SIX MINUTES of this game...

Sections
Shortcuts