Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 4

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 4

Rondo has to lead us but he's got to execute and knock off the flash.  This is a great opportunity to push them to the brink.

If we can make a good run and get this back to where it should be, I think you'll see Philly go into the tank.

But we have to quit the cute stuff and execute.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 4:
    [QUOTE]Come on, we're getting completely away from what got us the big lead in the first place. Quit taking jumpers.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

uhh..thats what got us the lead.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 4": [QUOTE]2 straight Rondo fancy passes = TO's Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE] Because once we play well, we start to relax and take them for granted, again. Rondo begins to think he can do anything and that's when mistakes creep in.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

when Rondo is on the floor everything is so much smoother.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

THe Rondo pass to Bass that resulted in a turnover was not "fancy." it was a simple behind the back pass that he makes in his sleep 15 times a game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

We just lucky Philly cant hot their shots.. getting ugly

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Is Rondo point-shaving?  He's good and bad for real tonight.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 4": [QUOTE]THe Rondo pass to Bass that resulted in a turnover was not "fancy." it was a simple behind the back pass that he makes in his sleep 15 times a game. Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE] Not when there's a defender there. And it's still fancy, both when it works and when it doesn't.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]THe Rondo pass to Bass that resulted in a turnover was not "fancy." it was a simple behind the back pass that he makes in his sleep 15 times a game.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Weren't you the one that said Bass was doing great only to have Doc repeat on TV the same criticism  I posted?  

Now youre teling me those two passes werent fancy....a tip of a rebound when he coud have secured  and a behind the back off the mark to a guy with not so great hands.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

The Celts suddenly don't seem to be in sync.  Need to slow it and keep the spacing.  Settle down guys.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 4": Not when there's a defender there. And it's still fancy, both when it works and when it doesn't.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

yes, he does make it wen there is a defender is there. all the time. he draws two guys then kicks it back, this is how garnett and bass are always so wide open.

i dont see the pass as anything special, or "fancy" as you call it. its not tough, its kinda flashy but i trust him making that pass just as much as a regular bounce or chest pass. when your as gifted as Rondo is in the passing game, that pass becomes basic. it was just good defense by Philly..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Looking alot like game 2... we bolt out to a big lead, feel good and lighten up.. Doc said as much in between the 1st n 2nd quarters....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]We just lucky Philly cant hot their shots.. getting ugly
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Another ugly low scoring game.  Hopefully, the Celtics can turn things around. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 4 : Weren't you the one that said Bass was doing great only to have Doc repeat on TV the same criticism  I posted?   Now youre teling me those two passes werent fancy....a tip of a rebound when he coud have secured  and a behind the back off the mark to a guy with not so great hands.

i said he was doing great, and so did Doc. he said that while he was having a good game, he needed to stop passing up shots. whats wrong with that? i also posted what Doc said, giving you guys credit for saying wat most were thinking..

the tip, sure, he should have secured it and reset, but the behind the back pass, are you kidding? he does that to Bass 7-10 times a game, no problem. now suddenly bc it was stolen once he shouldnt make the pass to a guy with "bad hands"? 

reaching here..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

If I'm the Celtics assistant coach, I'm telling Doc that we only have attempted 3 free throws.  We need to take the ball inside.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

OMG the fans called that foul on AB... The ref didnt do a thing until they screamed

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]If I'm the Celtics assistant coach, I'm telling Doc that we only have attempted 3 free throws.  We need to take the ball inside.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

agree. with Garnett on the floor hopefully it will happen.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]OMG the fans called that foul on AB... The ref didnt do a thing until they screamed

and HOW WAS THAT A BAD SCREEN??? woww..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Man, as putrid as we making philly play and their own ineptness, how arent we up 25 by now??

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

OK, The Celts are engaged now.  Too bad the Sixers have woken up a bit.  This will be a good game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Last night in the Indy/Miami game, Indy's coach Vogel kept imploring his players to stay aggressive defensively without fouling.

Doc needs to say that.  We're there defensively but we just do something at the end to commit the foul.  We need to keep our defense going but without fouling.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

just realized i dont care for Evan Turner.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Nice!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

All right.  Pull away now.  Keep up the pressure.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

idk what this board is seeing tonight, but Rondo just had a sensational half..he found that middle ground where he was looking to score and also passing the ball.controlling the game right now.

Sections
Shortcuts