Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 4

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 4

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 4:
    [QUOTE]Good grief, anyone watching Lakers-Thunder? James Harden just breathed on Kobe twice and got called for fouls. Then Kobe blantantly walked and ... of course ... no call.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Marc Davis reffing......Remember him?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 4 : Marc Davis reffing......Remember him?
    Posted by upperco1[/QUOTE]
    Indeed. The guy Rondo bumped, no?
    That also appears to be the god-awful Joey Crawford out there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 4 : Stop with the blame Rondo stuff... Rondo is NOT a scorer and this team has never relied on him to do that to win.... how about you look to the Big 3 in the 4th quarter?.. . If they are so tired then they should sit.....but dont blame this on Rondo...
    Posted by CA_Sox[/QUOTE]

ok, i got it- big 3 tired / ineffective so you take them out in favor of who that is going to win you a game?

REAL point guards, i mean complete ones, at least try to get something going to merely STOP the bleeding in games like this- as a last resort- drive the freggin ball to the hole and get a pair of FT's.  rondo can get by his man any time he wants, but just doesn't want to on the chances that he'd be put at the stripe, a place he hates.

that is just counter-intuitive point guard thinking- do anything you're called upon to do except draw a foul and earn two the hard way.  believe it or not, that's what the great PG's have been able to do down through the years...  score when their team needed them to.

no, this loss is not on rondo.  but our giving away the store was exacerbated by his unwillingness to stem the bleeding, which he has the skills to do, but won't do it becuase he shoots 50% free throws.  get it?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 4 : Indeed. The guy Rondo bumped, no? That also appears to be the god-awful Joey Crawford out there.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Yup, that Marc Davis. Zach Zarba and Sean Wright are the other two. Davis and Wright are "Stern" boys. Foster and Kennedy were the "Sterns" boys in our game. Vegas has a "book" on all the refs in the league. They know who does what in home/away games. Have it down to a science and all the serious gamblers use it

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 4 : +1 I knew we were in trouble after watching (in slo-mo) Pierce getting molested by three Sixers (Brand-Turner-Hawes) from the top of the key while the ref 12' to his left watched the action and refused to blow the whistle. At the opposing end, Rondo reached to knock the ball away from Holiday and brushed his left arm and an immediate whistle ... I mentioned at the time that the game was being called to the advantage of the HC team but it got considerably worse from that point on and it watched in frustration as the lead kept chipping away not only by the usual second chance points (17-5 O/RB What's new?) but with an assist from the zebras. Nope ... no fresh legs for you Boston if you do advance and more $ for the league no matter what happens while Philly fans go home happy.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

You got it......follow the money. May as well watch the globetrotters some nights

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 4 : I agree but its not that simplistic..Doc ran KG to the ground and I think it is going to affect him next game....and...there was no reason...none... not to put Bass in the game in the second half... he was playing great ... we were gettin killed on the boards because we had no energy and no size and Doc did nothing to rectify that... Im sorry but we could have won this game if Doc substituted the way he should have.
    Posted by CA_Sox[/QUOTE]

Doc ran KG into the ground?  He was trying to win the game and go up 3 to 1!!!!  Who was supposed to play - Steimsma who can't stay in defensive position to save his life?  Our backups are cast offs - they are not guys drafted and young and gifted.  They are players no one else wanted.  Two centers are literally D LEAGUE PLAYERS who have shown they can't play with the NBA playoff teams.  

Its easy to say what we SHOULD have done but not easy to actually have solutions that WORK when you are shuffling Sasha, Daniels, Hollins, Steimer, and Dooling as your backups

I'm sorry, but I WANTED KG in that game in hopes we'd WIN it and then have 2 days rest.  When I coach my AAU team, there's no way I sit my best players in an important game.  That's why they get in shape......so they can learn to play tired like every other star player does!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 4 : Stop with the blame Rondo stuff... Rondo is NOT a scorer and this team has never relied on him to do that to win.... how about you look to the Big 3 in the 4th quarter?.. . If they are so tired then they should sit.....but dont blame this on Rondo...
    Posted by CA_Sox[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  Rondo had his faults but so did everyone else.   Fans often don't understand the game......you win as a team and you lose as a team.   No ONE player causes a loss.  Rondo did some great things but so did Pierce and KG (blocks and rebounding by himself).   But, they all did some things to cause this loss (and every please stop forgetting to give Philly some credit - they really hit some very tough shots they don't normally hit).

A team doesn't beat Chicago and place 1st in Atlantic Division most of the year and not have SOME heart and talent.   We have to give them credit.

Celtic fans - amazing how we jump to the blame game in 10 different threads as if the world just ended because we lost one game of a 7 game series.  We won against Atlanta and yes it was ugly but that's the playoffs!   You think the Lakers, the Clippers, the Heat, the Pacers, or the Sixers have looked good every game?   You win ugly - that's the way it goes.   We won ugly in 2008 and in 2010.  

I hate the loss tonight but I believe this team should not hang its head but stay positive and simply do what every playoff team has to do in a 7 game series - make adjustments to win the next game!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 4 : teams should not go backwards- we struggled in 2008 vs. hawks and away from home and then after a certain point, we were beyond that and brutalized cleveland at home. so you expect that the "heart" of a team would now lead these abject terrible performances?  this isn't one game, or two or three.  it's ALL BUT ONE GAME in this post season has been horrible.  that's a lot. it indicates there is a problem with the team.  coaching is obviously a problem looking at the spread of tonight's minutes which made as much sense as dousing yourself in gasoline and playing with matches. beyond that, obviously some other issues too.  like lack of heart... everyone has pride at one point or another- that's what you saw in game 3- pride and anger.  now back to malaise.  arguably mildly to heavily assisted by rivers tonight.  avery with the superior +/- and bass with a good performance do not see enough time and KG gets used up like an old shoe.... many would argue that the "brain" of a team is the coach....   and i think we got crickets there instead of any thinking.  with no brain, doesn't matter what the heart does
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

As much as you hate Doc, you are going to be miserable for a long time because he's going to be with us for a long time.  And.....like we've won many other playoff series with this lack of a brain that you talk about, we will win many more.

Amazing that you are so much smarter about the game than he is, than the many players who want to play for him, than Danny and Wyc, than the people who voted him coach of the year, than the current players who love him, than the announcers who give him credit, etc.   

Man, lighten up.   Its just a loss in a 7 game series.  Look at the body of work, please, and stop expecting to blow every team out.  It ain't going to happen.  Instead, we will win ugly - that's who we are!   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Finals thoughts: Rondo ... what more do you want? 7-14 from the field (and they weren't all layups) and 1-1 from the line. Afraid to go to the free throw line or not getting to the free throw line like the rest of the team in this game. Few whistles at our end but very quick whistles at the other end tonight people. KG looked exhausted and I kept waiting for Hollins or Steamer but it seemed as though Doc was putting it all on black for the win tonight and it came up red ... that may be costly in the next game. Finally, as odd as it may sound ... I thought it was weird how the C's had no trouble scoring in the first half, jumpers were falling while the Sixers just couldn't seem to get the lid off of their basket. But oddly enough, in the 2nd half the exact opposite occurred once teams switched goals. Got me to wondering if that goal on the left side of the court wasn't out of kilter, off height or just cracked. Maybe I'm cracked but despite defenses played or not played it just seemed as though the team with the goal on the right side of the court scored more consistantly from that end. Oh well ... back to Boston. Just pray we don't see Crawford and/or Davis on the officiating crew for our HCA.

Smile - that's a new one:  It was the particular basket each team was shooting at!  Let's hope they fix that goal before we come back to Philly!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 4 : You've never seen a basket measured during a game or replaced once a team questioned an official? I don't know where you've been but I've seen it before (and when measured in the middle of the game the maintenace man came out and readjusted the goal). You don't see it questioned much any more but it struck me as extremely odd tonight ... I don't blame the loss on this as both teams had to contend with that goal equally but I came away wondering if anyone questions the integrity of the goal anymore.

They don't do that in AAU, Mployee.... AAU refs are terrible too. Their main objective is to keep the games on time

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 4 : Ahh, that's what we were watching ... LOL ... time for an eye exam to check the integrity of these aging eyes.

ROFL........No, the poster ridiculing you about the basket being off is an AAU coach....You are too funny , man

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 4 : Haha ... I wondered if you were giving it to me or him. And like Doc, I gambled on the wrong option ... DAMMIT!!!

You watching these refs sending Kobe to the line over and over with  BS fouls on Harden?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo was terrible tonight.  He took the 3rd quarter off.  Cost the team.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

unbelievable.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 4 : Yup ... never a doubt in my mind that the refs wouldn't embarass the Lakers at home going down 0-3 ... bad karma ($) for the league. If OKC is to advance against SA then Left Coasters have to have their moment otherwise it will be too costly long term. How do ya make this league competitive (NFL style) w/o giving up revenues to build a new base over time to get there. Must appease the new have-nots to make the transition. What I just said, doesn't bode well for our C's if true but tonight's game had that feel and we'll know once we see who's reffing in Boston next game ... Crawford, Davis, Bovetta ... ????

Well I know at least 5 friends that will NOT watch the NBA anymore due to the crooked ref jobs so cleaning that act up would be a start. Stern needs to go......period! If I haven't been a Celts fan for 50+ years I wouldn't watch this krap either. Happens all over the league...not just us. Game 5 will go our way. Game 6 is the one to watch who Stern sends to Philly. Crawford will def be there. Wonder what Lebron gets away with tomorrow? Kobe.........18 points from the line tonight!  LOL ....... 18 wow! He has averaged 5.9 FTA so far in 9 playoff games. Hmmmmmmmmm

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

The Celtics are like the Star Trek Movies:

They suck in every other game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerfaker. Show lakerfaker's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 4 : wasn't it ray who was "guarding" iguodala on that foul line jumper that killed us?  :-O hickery dickery doc doc doc doc i hate that name and that bobble head moron in the post game press conferences of the games that he does LESS THAN NOTHING to guide us to victory. what i was most impressed with was putting KG out there with NOBODY OVER 6-6 and/or Hollins who never saw a rebound he needed to get for TWENTY SIX MINUTES of this game...
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

I watched most of the game and Ray was late on a ton of shots that cost your team.  He was suppose to rotate on 3  three pointers  I can remember that they knocked down. He did alright when he was on them but he doesn't rotate very well. I was wondering why Doc plays him when its obvious he cannot do much.  Injury or not he needs no more than 20 minutes unless by some miracle he hits some shots.  He flat out can not get open.  Not much else he can do.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerfaker. Show lakerfaker's posts

Posted by CA_Sox[/QUOTE]

KG obviously struggled the whole game but Pierce played a excellent game.  Even the announcers were saying that KG and Paul were getting double teamed every time they touched the ball.  When that happens someone else has to make a shot. Rondo obviously didn't make anything happen during that 3rd quarter, so if he isn't a so called scorer then he should have made someone else a scorer.

Sections
Shortcuts