Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 5

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 5

Which Celtics team will show up tonight?  It's now a best of three and all the pressure is on the Celtics.  Philly has nothing to lose with game 6 there on Wednesday.  We HAVE to win tonight.

I think we respond, get the win in convincing fashion and push Philly to the brink of elimination.

Forty-eight aggressive, San Antonio Spurs-style, disciplined, no let up, basketball and we'll be 1 win away from the ECF.

Let's go get it!  Let's go Celtics!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 5

No AB tonight..  Celtics of the past 4 years are the most injured team in NBA history. Its almost unbelieveable how many bodies they lose each season.

We need a good 48 minute effort...  how can these guys always say... we shoulds done this or that, we shoulda moved the ball..

Enough of the overconfidence and general mental let downs.. We lose tonight, we in big trouble.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

No AB tonight. Out for series prossibly season. Ray is still hurting. Pierce at 20%. I'm not feeling good. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 5:
    [QUOTE]No AB tonight..  Celtics of the past 4 years are the most injured team in NBA history. Its almost unbelieveable how many bodies they lose each season. We need a good 48 minute effort...  how can these guys always say... we shoulds done this or that, we shoulda moved the ball.. Enough of the overconfidence and general mental let downs.. We lose tonight, we in big trouble.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

I really think our best free agent move would be to hire the the Suns medical team. I mean what do I know, but the injuries the last four years are just ridiculous. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 5 : I really think our best free agent move would be to hire the the Suns medical team. I mean what do I know, but the injuries the last four years are just ridiculous. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

iVE SAID THAT IN THE PAST..OUR GUYS COME BACK PREMATURELY OR THEY UNDERESTIMATE INJUROIESS... HOW WE SO DAMAGED ALL THE TIME,, gOOD QUESTION

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]No AB tonight..  Celtics of the past 4 years are the most injured team in NBA history. Its almost unbelieveable how many bodies they lose each season. We need a good 48 minute effort...  how can these guys always say... we shoulds done this or that, we shoulda moved the ball.. Enough of the overconfidence and general mental let downs.. We lose tonight, we in big trouble.

Definitely agree that these injuries could be the difference in them winning or losing this series.  Although, all NBA teams have injuries especially this season.  The Eastern Conference had the most significant injuries to key players this year.   If we don't win tonight, this series is over.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]No AB tonight. Out for series prossibly season. Ray is still hurting. Pierce at 20%. I'm not feeling good. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

Ray is much better than he has been, and Pierce is at about 80% after 2 days off. we are fine.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Bass rotates right out of the play defensively

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Gregory Stiemsma sighting

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Rondo needs to play better

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 5": [QUOTE]Bass rotates right out of the play defensively Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE] Caused them to get easy baskets early didn't it?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Celts standing around watching rebounds bounce

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Come on Bass, you gotta take passes like that and convert!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]Celts standing around watching rebounds bounce

yeah, not a good sequence. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo needs to play better
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Agree that without Bradley, Rondo, KG, Pierce and Ray all have to have an impact on the game.  Even though, Pierce, and Ray are also injured.  I am even surprised that Ray is able to play and give him credit for whatever he can contribute. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

ray allen has fallen off a cliff....he is a major liability out there....if he isnt scoring, he hurts the team hugely because he isnt playing defense.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 5": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 5 : Agree that without Bradley, Rondo, KG, Pierce and Ray all have to have an impact on the game.  Even though, Pierce, and Ray are also injured.  I am even surprised that Ray is able to play and give him credit for whatever he can contribute.  Posted by susan250[/QUOTE] Agreed. But I don't expect much from Ray. Others will get good shots, however, because they will push up on Ray.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]ray allen has fallen off a cliff....he is a major liability out there....if he isnt scoring, he hurts the team hugely because he isnt playing defense.
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

Maybe he shouldn't be playing.   If he isn't effective Doc needs to try other substitutions. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Steamer is a great help defender, but he loosestrack of who is running around in the paint. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I really expected PP to come out on fire being aggressive.  He's been so passive in his play (especially with his lazy passes).

I cannot understand why our stars don't come out EVERY GAME with that sense of urgency.

First quarter is over and PP has not even scored.  He's attempted one shot.  That's unacceptable.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 5": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 5 : Maybe he shouldn't be playing.   If he isn't effective Doc needs to try other substitutions.  Posted by susan250[/QUOTE] So far we've had 3 easy shots because of their D on Ray. Good decoy. We just have to hit the shots. On D, our help defenders are not getting back to their man after showing on the pick and roll.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 5 : Maybe he shouldn't be playing.   If he isn't effective Doc needs to try other substitutions. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

he already has a 3..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 5": [QUOTE]I really expected PP to come out on fire being aggressive.  He's been so passive in his play (especially with his lazy passes). I cannot understand why our stars don't come out EVERY GAME with that sense of urgency. First quarter is over and PP has not even scored.  He's attempted one shot.  That's unacceptable. Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE] Our stars are old and injured. They don't have the legs to go 100% all the time so I think they try to pace themselves to have something left in 4Q.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 5 : he already has a 3..
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

he is going to need 15+ to make up for his horrid defense

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Sixers shooting layups all game

Sections
Shortcuts