Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 5

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 5

Why does Steimsma get beat so darn often?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

glad doc finally got a clue about playing steamer and abandoning the tragic small ball nonsense. steams and kg in there together should help with the boards and defense. no AB is very bad news. with him in the game the celts were +3 in the last game and help philly to under 50% shooting. out of it, philly shot 63%. his defense is key to us winning. i have a bad feeling he could be out til at least game 7.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

love that energy Hollins!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

crowd responds to energy plays like what hollins just did

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 5:
    [QUOTE]Why does Steimsma get beat so darn often?
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

bc he is a rookie still learning how to play NBA defense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Close game but tempo all 76ers... cant feel good about this yet..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

i hope to have an e'taun moore sighing!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

without stiemsma's scoring earlier, this game might not even be close....tough to criticize him too much....his defense is shaky, but he needs help in the paint, its not all on him

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 5": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 5 :  he is going to need 15+ to make up for his horrid defense Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE] Not really. He just needs to be positive because his D has only hurt us twice so far.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]i hope to have an e'taun moore sighing!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

i wouldnt mind that, he couldnt possibly play any worse than ray is playing right now....at least the kid would provide energy and maybe some scoring

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

that pass from rondo was very ill advised....this is going to be a long night if philly keeps getting all these open looks....rarely even a hand in their face

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Yes, Philly is scoring way too easily.
    Where's the defense?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

shocking? van gundy and smith are howarded outta orlando.. could phil jackson now be in the mix? they clearly won't be trading mr. howard even if lakes offer the bigger head case bynum.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I wonder who this board will blame if we lose this series. Right now, I don't like our tempo nor our body language. Pietrus and Dooling not giving us much and with this many players hurt, I wouldn't be shocked if we lost. We just aren't as deep as Philly so if our starting 5 don't beat Philly, we aren't going to be saved by the bench.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Wow, Brand hitting some tough shots!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

"allen playing good defense".. havent heard that in a longgg time. lol... sisers still scored

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]I wonder who this board will blame if we lose this series. Right now, I don't like our tempo nor our body language. Pietrus and Dooling not giving us much and with this many players hurt, I wouldn't be shocked if we lost. We just aren't as deep as Philly so if our starting 5 don't beat Philly, we aren't going to be saved by the bench.
    we win together and loose together.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Philly's way too hot shooting.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]I wonder who this board will blame if we lose this series. Right now, I don't like our tempo nor our body language. Pietrus and Dooling not giving us much and with this many players hurt, I wouldn't be shocked if we lost. We just aren't as deep as Philly so if our starting 5 don't beat Philly, we aren't going to be saved by the bench.

come on celtsfan..not you too. we are FINE.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 5": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 5 : we win together and loose together. Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE] You, me, Doc, and the players will all agree on that. But, this Board will explode. Let's hope it doesn't get to that and we get a good run where we pull away from them.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Were're just too hurt. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]"allen playing good defense".. havent heard that in a longgg time. lol... sisers still scored
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

yea allowing a man to hit a three in his face is about as good of defense we can hope for from him....its hard to watch 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Ray is giving us nothing.  Loose ball falls in front of him and he can't get it.  Holiday dribbles in the corner and Ray can't defend him.

Wow, Doc is sounding desperate in his last time out.  He's imploring them to stop looking at each other and come out and play.

Our energy and body language sucks.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 5": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 5 : come on celtsfan..not you too. we are FINE. Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE] Sorry, it's rare I feel negative but we are playing nervous and tentative. Go KG,

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 5 : come on celtsfan..not you too. we are FINE.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]
    We're not fine, unfortunately. Did you just hear Doc? Not yet desperate but getting there.

Sections
Shortcuts