Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 6

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 6

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 6:
    In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 6 : wrong..we have seen Rondo in a shell, where he doesnt shoot, sits in the corner and waits. that wasnt him tonite. he just missed shots, layups, bad passes, played bad. theres a difference between a bad game and "hiding" or "taking the game off"
    Posted by JamezHill24

if he didnt hide in a shell, he definitely checked out mentally....missing easy layups like that and throwing those bad passes is all mental

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Yes, it looks like a game 7.  Too bad.  We're going to be worn out by the time we get to the ECF. Oh well.  One more basket and its officially over.  I think I'm going to stay off the Board for a couple of days (some of you will be happy about that!).   I just won't be able to stand the blame game that's about to happen on this Board.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

It is not blame, just frustration. This Cs team is so inconsistent. To hope to have the good hard working Cs sqad show up for a game 7 should not be. It should just happen. But you don't know. Youth has a shot in game 7.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

I have two things to say: 1. Y'all should have started watching Blazing Saddles like me 2. Tonight, the Celtics absolutely sucked. Big time. They looked absolutely unprepared. That's Doc's fault. Rondo looked uninterested. Boston looked like a team determined not to win. They looked like a team afraid to win. There is no denying that the Celtics got their b*tts kicked tonight and guys, I am as big a Celtic fan as anybody, but there is no denying the truth.
    Posted by guyfromtex

amen

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 6 : When was the last time this team did anything the easy way?
    Posted by breaktime

haha good question...but yea this may come back to bite them if they move on and face a fresh heat team....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 6 : wrong..we have seen Rondo in a shell, where he doesnt shoot, sits in the corner and waits. that wasnt him tonite. he just missed shots, layups, bad passes, played bad. theres a difference between a bad game and "hiding" or "taking the game off"
    Posted by JamezHill24

He clearly hid in corners tonight. He did grab boards. But he just looked like many of the Cs not interested.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Players didn't start playing desperate and playing with a sense of urgency until the second half of the 4th qtr.   That's just a shame.    Sorry, guyfromTex, that's not on Doc.  He was begging, pushing, emploring them to get more anxious and realize the moment.  But, they just weren't going to do it.  Rondo, especially, played laxidasical.   He was walking around directing traffic so that we all got out of rhythm, and letting his man blow by him on D.  He didn't have a good night.  I expect him to come more energetic in Boston.   Too bad it had to come to this but as someone else said:  This is who the Celtics are.   We have to get used to it.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

You are right on Celts. This is the players faults tonight. They did not get it done. No fault on Doc. Your Rondo assesment was spot on. And inconsistent is what I have been saying. That is what this team is. Hopefully, they are a bit more consistent on Sat.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Bass could not finish at the rim tonight. Wow. How can a big man not put it down. Reminded me a Perk.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from great-1957. Show great-1957's posts

Had to login..this game is atrocious..celtics look like a mix of bobcats and red claws..just disgusting. And doc sits there with nothing in mind
    Posted by cabutan

EXACTLY, why we lost. Simply uncomprehendable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 6 : He clearly hid in corners tonight. He did grab boards. But he just looked like many of the Cs not interested.
    Posted by antiqueman1

first you say all he did was dribble the ball and force turnovers all game, then he hid in a corner? make up your mind antique.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Taped the game & just finished watching. In the last minute coming back to 78-72 from 11 down & still said we don't deserve to win this game. I don't need to hear how are we going to do vs. Miami or Indy if we play this bad.  I have no doubt, and I am a fan and hope not, that Philly can win game 7 in the garden. We needed this game more than just winning the series as we needed Indy/Miami to go 7 and we needed a rest.

IN the 3rd qtr I was so sick of listening to the announcers saying the 76xers can't buy a basket and went 8 min with only 4 baskets. At the time we were up by 3 pts & got it to 6pts. Shooting 33% to 46% our jump shooting team couldn't buy baskets either...had we, we'd been up by 12-15 pts. No where was it more evident  that we are a perimeter shooting team than in the stat of points in the paint which was 42-16, yup that's + 26 pts under the basket !

Ok, I hope we win game 7 but they do have the momentum because other than KG who picked it up in the 4 Qr, nobdy else shined on offense.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 6 : if he didnt hide in a shell, he definitely checked out mentally....missing easy layups like that and throwing those bad passes is all mental
    Posted by redsoxfan94

i mean, sure. ive already said he had a bad game. absolutely he did. but suggesting (and im not saying u did) that he checked out or wasnt trying is repulsive, bc he was grabbing boards, hustling for steals, etc all night. just didnt play well offensively.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

It's true the players need to play with passion. Boston was lackadaisical but listen you cannot deny this:
    1. Boston beat Philly in game 5 by attacking the rim
    2. Avery Bradley was not going to play in this game
    3. Ray Allen was going to get a ton of minutes
    4. Ray Allen has not been hitting his shots in the entire playoffs
    5. KG has been Boston's Iron Man in the entire playoffs
    6. Bass was a one man show in game 5 by attacking the rim
    7. Pietrus has not played well at all
    8. When Rondo penetrates and collapses sixers defense he makes it easy for everyone else, so
    Why was Doc not prepared for Philly to sag off of Ray Allen and concentrate on not only preventing Rondo from dribble penetration but keeping Boston(Bass and KG) out of the paint? Why was he not prepared for the likely possibility of Ray Allen and Pietrus continuing with their shooting drought. Allen is injured for pete's sake and shouldn't be relied on for so many minutes. Doc should have prepared for these things. Philly wants to win also. They will try to take away what was successful for Boston. I am not saying that this is all of Doc's fault. Not at all. The Celtic players looked like they didn't give a rat's *ss as to whether they won or lost. It was a total team lack of effort and lack of preparation. If a coach does not anticipate how the opposition is going to make adjustments than he is not doing his job.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

AB opens up the offense...moves without the ball, a sticks to his man...
    Posted by Ortiz123

+1

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

It's true the players need to play with passion. Boston was lackadaisical but listen you cannot deny this: 1. Boston beat Philly in game 5 by attacking the rim 2. Avery Bradley was not going to play in this game 3. Ray Allen was going to get a ton of minutes 4. Ray Allen has not been hitting his shots in the entire playoffs 5. KG has been Boston's Iron Man in the entire playoffs 6. Bass was a one man show in game 5 by attacking the rim 7. Pietrus has not played well at all 8. When Rondo penetrates and collapses sixers defense he makes it easy for everyone else, so Why was Doc not prepared for Philly to sag off of Ray Allen and concentrate on not only preventing Rondo from dribble penetration but keeping Boston(Bass and KG) out of the paint? Why was he not prepared for the likely possibility of Ray Allen and Pietrus continuing with their shooting drought. Allen is injured for pete's sake and shouldn't be relied on for so many minutes. Doc should have prepared for these things. Philly wants to win also. They will try to take away what was successful for Boston. I am not saying that this is all of Doc's fault. Not at all. The Celtic players looked like they didn't give a rat's *ss as to whether they won or lost. It was a total team lack of effort and lack of preparation . If a coach does not anticipate how the opposition is going to make adjustments than he is not doing his job.
    Posted by guyfromtex

Very,very good analysis Clint !!! And I felt your emotion !!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

With Avery Bradley done, I see Boston's season ending soon.  Chances are even that Philly will win game 7.  The non-star contributors to Boston's late season sucess: Bass and Steimer and hardly producing.  Ray is injured.  Doc is playing Ryan Hollins! C'mon.

Thanks for a good season guys!!  It was fun while it lasted.  I am starting to switch over to off-season mode.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

I keep going back to these guys: Daniels and Pavlovic. Doc needs to get them involved in the game and not wait until the closing minutes when the game is already out of reach.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

AB was our secret weapon this year.  He changed the scope of the Celtics, contained that dirt bag DWade and had a burgeoning chemistry developing with Rondo.  When his injury started to get worse it deflated me and I'm still having a hard time convincing myself that the Celts have a chance without him this year. And yes, he did make that much of a difference to the team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 6 : first you say all he did was dribble the ball and force turnovers all game, then he hid in a corner? make up your mind antique.
    Posted by JamezHill24

You are mixing posters again Jamez. I never said anything about forcing turnovers. However he did do the other 2. He dribbled since he is the point guard and when he was not dribbling to nowhere in particular he handed the ball off at midcourt and hid in the corners. A player does more than one thing Jamez. Don't put words that don't belong to me. I stated exactly what Rondo and the rest of the Cs did tonight. Which was play some ugly basketball, if you can call it basketball.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 6 : i mean, sure. ive already said he had a bad game. absolutely he did. but suggesting (and im not saying u did) that he checked out or wasnt trying is repulsive, bc he was grabbing boards, hustling for steals, etc all night. just didnt play well offensively.
    Posted by JamezHill24

Hustling for steals...... you mean Gambling and losing badly. Stay on your man and cover him. Stop going for steals every second. It hurts the rest of the D.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

The last two games in Philly Rondo has absolutely piped it.

He is not a star.  He is a very good player.

Reminds me of Tom Chambers in that regard.  Chambers was never a superstar but he could go off on you - and look like a superstar.  But he wasn't - he was just a very good.

Chambers would disappear in games often.

Just like Rondo

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

With Avery Bradley done, I see Boston's season ending soon.  Chances are even that Philly will win game 7.  The non-star contributors to Boston's late season sucess: Bass and Steimer and hardly producing.  Ray is injured.  Doc is playing Ryan Hollins! C'mon. Thanks for a good season guys!!  It was fun while it lasted.  I am starting to switch over to off-season mode.
    Posted by prakash

I agree with you.  It is going to be difficult for the Celtics to win many games without Bradley even if we win this series against Philadelphia.  Although, I also wouldn't be surprised if we lost on Saturday. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from great-1957. Show great-1957's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 6 : I agree with you.  It is going to be difficult for the Celtics to win many games without Bradley even if we win this series against Philadelphia.  Although, I also wouldn't be surprised if we lost on Saturday. 
    Posted by susan250

I beg to disagree. It will be surprising. It will be an UPSET. We are the experienced team and has home-court advantage. We have a mercurial pg and Pierce and KG are both still playing great basketball. A loss will be surprising.

Though it's a possibility, in a game of basketball, but losing the series against the 76ers, an eight-seed, should be regarded by the Celtics to be a major surpise, an upset.

This should be the mentality of the Celtic Nation.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

I think Boston will win game 7 on their home court.  Also its starting to look more and more like the healthiest team may win the NBA Title.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Cant blame Doc for any of this?

One point to make. Doc post game complained that Rondo walked the ball up court all night, which was a huge problem. So im going to assume that either Doc didnt constantly tell Rondo hes killing us and to start increasing the pace or Doc did tell Rondo and Rondo didnt do it.

In either case, shouldnt Doc be held responsible for not correcting this problem??

Maybe Rondo is off limits for criticism or maybe Doc offers it only in post game interviews.

Sections
Shortcuts