Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 6

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 6

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 6:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 6 : i mean, sure. ive already said he had a bad game. absolutely he did. but suggesting (and im not saying u did) that he checked out or wasnt trying is repulsive, bc he was grabbing boards, hustling for steals, etc all night. just didnt play well offensively.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

it's one thing to try and stink, like bass, but rondo was horrific tonight all over the court.  listless on defense to the tune of holliday's team high 20 points.  CONSTANTLY just lollygagging around and never trying to push the tempo.  his staple move in the half court offense that the ensured by no hurry-ups? 

pass the ball and go to the corner.  walk around maybe a total of five steps from there.  or stand out three point line extended like a statue.  Just re-watched @ 7:13 in the third, a rare "fast break" he could have juked a PHI big and got to the hole in a snap but he suddenly pulled up at the foul line like there was an electric fence around the key and threw the ball away.  next play, rondo sits and watches as iguodala, un-covered by a ray allen switch drives to the hole for a slam + 1.  rondo could have closed that lane and forced a pass for a corner 3 to the man he COULD have switched off of to stop iggy, but instead just a half hearted flyswat at the ball was enough.

if this isn't terrible basketball through and through, you are willingly blind

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]Cant blame Doc for any of this? One point to make. Doc post game complained that Rondo walked the ball up court all night, which was a huge problem. So im going to assume that either Doc didnt constantly tell Rondo hes killing us and to start increasing the pace or Doc did tell Rondo and Rondo didnt do it. In either case, shouldnt Doc be held responsible for not correcting this problem?? Maybe Rondo is off limits for criticism or maybe Doc offers it only in post game interviews.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

It was very frustrating to watch him walk the ball up swirling his other hand in the air calling plays. Even worse was when he would get over half court and give up the ball to Pierce or KG or pick up his dribble. Jamez likes to call that distrubution to hot hand. That is not distribution to the hot hand. Driving the ball and dishing is distribution. Driving the ball and taking the layups when in the paint would be helpful too. Too many crazy passes last night too. Just keep it simple. But Rondo was not the only Celtic who did not play well. They just seemed not to care as a group knowing they had a game 7 in their back pocket at home. If they get past Philly, I am not so sure they can win a game if not somewhat healthy in the next round.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]It's true the players need to play with passion. Boston was lackadaisical but listen you cannot deny this: 1. Boston beat Philly in game 5 by attacking the rim 2. Avery Bradley was not going to play in this game 3. Ray Allen was going to get a ton of minutes 4. Ray Allen has not been hitting his shots in the entire playoffs 5. KG has been Boston's Iron Man in the entire playoffs 6. Bass was a one man show in game 5 by attacking the rim 7. Pietrus has not played well at all 8. When Rondo penetrates and collapses sixers defense he makes it easy for everyone else, so Why was Doc not prepared for Philly to sag off of Ray Allen and concentrate on not only preventing Rondo from dribble penetration but keeping Boston(Bass and KG) out of the paint? Why was he not prepared for the likely possibility of Ray Allen and Pietrus continuing with their shooting drought. Allen is injured for pete's sake and shouldn't be relied on for so many minutes. Doc should have prepared for these things. Philly wants to win also. They will try to take away what was successful for Boston. I am not saying that this is all of Doc's fault. Not at all. The Celtic players looked like they didn't give a rat's *ss as to whether they won or lost. It was a total team lack of effort and lack of preparation . If a coach does not anticipate how the opposition is going to make adjustments than he is not doing his job.
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

you mean like keeping the completely healthy and somehwat ept pavlocic loose?  hell, we'll never know, but i'm pretty sure sasha can shoot better than pietraeus has- 23%?

maybe the celts veterans know that when rondo shows up to throw a game, like he did tonight, that they don't have any chance?  maybe they know in their hearts that doc is incapable of making any in-game, post game, between game, under the game, over the game, adjustments?  because that's doc.  when thibodeau left town, so did our coach.

moreover, when rondo shows up and starts playing like 10 pounds of crap in a five pound bag, like he does every other or 1.5-2 out of every 3 games, do you think the vets are tired of that line of crap?  fatigued by knowing there is no solution, no coaching rondo's way out of it?  why would that be?  because rondo doesn't listen to anyone?  he's never had to.

rondo is the first 50% free throw shooting "star" guard in the nba that never had to earn his minutes.  so when he checks out, he still gets his 40 minutes and a chance to get his 10 dimes and 2 steals.  the problem is that a crappy rondo, which he was last night, costs this team dearly. 

walkin' the ball up the floor.  one pass to someone else for them to initiate the offense and then amble off to the corner and stand around the rest of the posession, thereby giving his man an advantage on the outlet pass possibly. 

rondo's staple move on defense is to gamble for a steal or act as if he is stuck to his man when someone else is in trouble.  i can't remember the last time he drew a charge with those quick feet.  sure, you don't want your PG taking a ton of charges, but this is the playoffs and there were chances this game where 1 legged ray got beat and rondo stood like a statue and didn't close the lane.  and other instances. 

you don't get this sort of quirky under-achieving results unless you really work toward it- and i'm talking TOTAL lack of accountability for rondo from GM to head coach- he's never had to earn his minutes- he was HANDED the starting role unconditionally based on 20 games of rook year trash time of 28 minutes a game during which his rook FT% was a CAREER HIGH 64%.  guess what?  he's NEVER BEEEN AS HIGH AS 64% YET!!!  does that surprise anyone?!!

when rondo decides to be "on"- concentrates on his defense, getting his head right, his shot, being aggressive, not over-passing, not de-activating himself in the half court offense then there is nobody better.  the problem is that in the intervening 5 regular season or 2 or 3 playoff games he's a stat padding slacker who refuses to take charge of the team offensively or defensively for one reason or another. 

sad to say, but the only thing that saved us this year was avery bradley- his gutsy and CONSISTENT defensive play and uncompromising slashing play on offense is what brought this team back from a certain slide.  But rondo- this guy has so much more than avery- has had it all along- the ability to create pace and get us a minimum of 10 easy points (a/k/a REST BREAKS for the old 3) a game on self created fast breaks and/or hurry up points.  if he doesn't set the pace and get the easy pickin's then we might as well have jacque vaughan out there for PG, let alone the sloppy defense which is another matter entirely.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Cant blame Doc for any of this? One point to make. Doc post game complained that Rondo walked the ball up court all night, which was a huge problem. So im going to assume that either Doc didnt constantly tell Rondo hes killing us and to start increasing the pace or Doc did tell Rondo and Rondo didnt do it. In either case, shouldnt Doc be held responsible for not correcting this problem?? Maybe Rondo is off limits for criticism or maybe Doc offers it only in post game interviews.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

so a broken clock is right twice a day and mentioning what he watched all night, while failing to resolve the problem absolves rivers from all sin?  c'mon!!!

granted, this issue of rondo checking out of any given game, important or not, has been long standing.  but the culture in BOS is 'whatever" as far as rondo goes.  he shows up or not, he still plays.

what i'm saying is that if rondo walks the ball up the court all night, can't hit the front lawn with a hammer for his shot, then get him OUT OF THERE- put in dooling or just have ray hobble the ball up- what's the difference- it's not like ray's going to shoot any worse. 

dust off daniels and let him bring the ball up.  do something, do anything.  and "anything" for me is not going all doc-bobblehead about it after the game that you just CHANGED NOTHING IN of what you are COMPLAINING ABOUT post game.

you are now seeing why these are the last few games i will watch as a fan until rivers is gone.  he is a completely repugnant coach who knows nothing of what he does in the short or long term.  Steamer totally involved one game, absent the next.  Pavlocic, Daniels, supposedly healthy but we're married to Pietrus and his 23% shooting?  Rondo walks the ball up after murdering us on D- and is not shooting OR being aggressive or decisive in anything he does?   GIVE HIM A DAMN BREAK to get his head straight!!!!

i mean at some point, even a mercurial dooshebague like rondo probably craves some BOUNDARIES!!!!  maybe he doesn't know it, but surely his sub conscious does.  like "get me the hell out of here for a minute, i can't do a thing right".  well, sorry rajon, that won't come until the proscribed dockian substitution patterns happen without regard to whoever is hot or what the game flow is.  so just tough it out!

while it's not all rondo's fault in that regard- no time for him to re-group when he's a shat sandwich to the team and himself, there is really not excuse for a well paid professional not to hustle.  so you get the double whammy doc effect- players know they are on their own and they know that their coach cannot and will not take any corrective action to steer the course of the game toward a better path.  because doc is brutally incompetent in all areas of coaching except for the out of bounds play after a time out.

he should be an assistant coach grifting a 70,000 pay check, not the most well paid coach in basketball.  have a great four more of this garbage-  enjoy these self-coaching teams- they're a real trick or treat proposition!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 6 : so a broken clock is right twice a day and mentioning what he watched all night, while failing to resolve the problem absolves rivers from all sin?  c'mon!!! granted, this issue of rondo checking out of any given game, important or not, has been long standing.  but the culture in BOS is 'whatever" as far as rondo goes.  he shows up or not, he still plays. what i'm saying is that if rondo walks the ball up the court all night, can't hit the front lawn with a hammer for his shot, then get him OUT OF THERE- put in dooling or just have ray hobble the ball up- what's the difference- it's not like ray's going to shoot any worse.  dust off daniels and let him bring the ball up.  do something, do anything.  and "anything" for me is not going all doc-bobblehead about it after the game that you just CHANGED NOTHING IN of what you are COMPLAINING ABOUT post game. you are now seeing why these are the last few games i will watch as a fan until rivers is gone.  he is a completely repugnant coach who knows nothing of what he does in the short or long term.  Steamer totally involved one game, absent the next.  Pavlocic, Daniels, supposedly healthy but we're married to Pietrus and his 23% shooting?  Rondo walks the ball up after murdering us on D- and is not shooting OR being aggressive or decisive in anything he does?   GIVE HIM A DAMN BREAK to get his head straight!!!! i mean at some point, even a mercurial dooshebague like rondo probably craves some BOUNDARIES!!!!  maybe he doesn't know it, but surely his sub conscious does.  like "get me the hell out of here for a minute, i can't do a thing right".  well, sorry rajon, that won't come until the proscribed dockian substitution patterns happen without regard to whoever is hot or what the game flow is.  so just tough it out! while it's not all rondo's fault in that regard- no time for him to re-group when he's a shat sandwich to the team and himself, there is really not excuse for a well paid professional not to hustle.  so you get the double whammy doc effect- players know they are on their own and they know that their coach cannot and will not take any corrective action to steer the course of the game toward a better path.  because doc is brutally incompetent in all areas of coaching except for the out of bounds play after a time out. he should be an assistant coach grifting a 70,000 pay check, not the most well paid coach in basketball.  have a great four more of this garbage-  enjoy these self-coaching teams- they're a real trick or treat proposition!
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't Doc be held responsible for not corrrecting the problem? That is how Karl put it. He did not say Doc was not at fault. Utlimimately is on the players. And they failed last night. Simple. So we shall see what an aging, injured team in the Cs has left in the tank come Sat at the Garden.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

again, Antique. bash Rondo all you want. but when he is the main reason the Celtic's advance on Saturday nite, just keep quiet for a while. no stupid nitpicking posts, nothing. just give it a rest, bc he is going to watch film of the game last nite and see how poorly he performed, and he is going to TEAR UP the parquet on Saturday nite in Boston. just like he always does after a poor game. and ill sit back in my chair, and smile at all the fans on this board that "always knew Rondo was the leader, so important, best pg in nba, knew he would win the series for us."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerfaker. Show lakerfaker's posts

[QUOTE]The last two games in Philly Rondo has absolutely piped it. He is not a star.  He is a very good player. Reminds me of Tom Chambers in that regard.  Chambers was never a superstar but he could go off on you - and look like a superstar.  But he wasn't - he was just a very good. Chambers would disappear in games often. Just like Rondo
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

I think you got it.  Good comparison.  It seems that KG and PP are the ones that bring it every nite whether they are on or not. Your two veterans  have played well. KG has been up and down a little as has PP.  PP to me have really played well considering his knee.  RR is very good when he wants to be.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 6 : I think you got it.  Good comparison.  It seems that KG and PP are the ones that bring it every nite whether they are on or not. Your two veterans  have played well. KG has been up and down a little as has PP.  PP to me have really played well considering his knee.  RR is very good when he wants to be.
    Posted by lakerfaker[/QUOTE]

yeaa...except hes averaging 14pts, 13assists and 7rbs in the series..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" KG has been up and down a little as has PP."

So what you're really saying is all three of the Celts best players, PP, KG, and RR, have had some good games and some bad ones. Thx. 

I love it when Pierce isn't himself in a game and KG is getting pushed off the block like a junior varsity player, that everything focuses in on the "inconsistent" Rondo who didn't get 13 assists in the series for the FIRST TIME. 

I saw an entire team on its heels last night. Rondo gets more of the blame as the point guard, that's fair, but who played well? And I'm not counting the guys who stuffed their stats late in the game when it was out of reach.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]" KG has been up and down a little as has PP." So what you're really saying is all three of the Celts best players, PP, KG, and RR, have had some good games and some bad ones. Thx.  I love it when Pierce isn't himself in a game and KG is getting pushed off the block like a junior varsity player, that everything focuses in on the "inconsistent" Rondo who didn't get 13 assists in the series for the FIRST TIME.  I saw an entire team on its heels last night. Rondo gets more of the blame as the point guard, that's fair, but who played well? And I'm not counting the guys who stuffed their stats late in the game when it was out of reach.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

+1!!!!!! THANK YOU!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 6 : yeaa...except hes averaging 14pts, 13assists and 7rbs in the series..
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

that's great- hide behind his stat padding.  4-14 shooting and lousy play with no hustle 85% of the time shouldn't happen for a 6 year veteran.  rondo's scoring efficiency in the playoffs has been horrible.  his FG% is down the tubes with the exception of his one or two hot shooting games propping him up into the low 40% range.

it's fine to be a homer for rondo.  i was one for glen davis, but for God sakes recognize the things he does wrong, which are repetitive over and over again and cost this team huge.  without three veterans to cover for him, you will see that rondo with lesser players on this team that will soon be rebuilding will not carry the nut that he has to to be a "team leader"

team leaders don't sandbag 2 out of 3 games in the playoffs and 3.5 out of 6 in the regular season, they go all out all the time.  you can't sit there and honestly say rondo does that, right?  he just DOES NOT use his talents to play knock down individual defense, avery bradley style and never has.  we might get to see it twice a year and that's it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers, Game 6 : that's great- hide behind his stat padding.  4-14 shooting and lousy play with no hustle 85% of the time shouldn't happen for a 6 year veteran.  rondo's scoring efficiency in the playoffs has been horrible.  his FG% is down the tubes with the exception of his one or two hot shooting games propping him up into the low 40% range. it's fine to be a homer for rondo.  i was one for glen davis, but for God sakes recognize the things he does wrong, which are repetitive over and over again and cost this team huge.  without three veterans to cover for him, you will see that rondo with lesser players on this team that will soon be rebuilding will not carry the nut that he has to to be a "team leader" team leaders don't sandbag 2 out of 3 games in the playoffs and 3.5 out of 6 in the regular season, they go all out all the time.  you can't sit there and honestly say rondo does that, right?  he just DOES NOT use his talents to play knock down individual defense, avery bradley style and never has.  we might get to see it twice a year and that's it.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

whats "knock down individual defense?" ive never heard such a thing. 

and yea, he only plays defense twice a year..musta been those two games every coach had that voted him ALL DEFENSE again this year! huh!

Sections
Shortcuts