Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers

This should be a great barometer of how we're coming together as a unit. Philly is going to test us and we cannot have the type of performance like we had against Milwaukee.

Keys to the game: bench production, rebounding and low turnovers.

Let's go Celtics - time to get over .500.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers

Another lethargic first quarter.  Philly is getting to the rim easily.

Too many missed shots.  Hopefully we'll warm up and start hitting some shots.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Doc needs to have a center in the game at all times.

KG, Wilcox, Darko, Collins....

Going small doesn't work.

Good call on Wilcox he shored up the defense. the problem is not so much going small. Wilcox realy is a power forward and not a center.

The problem is we are going really small with bass and sullinger who are both not only power forwards but undersized power forwards. Don't think they should ever play together. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Id just like to know when Pierce is going to bring it....my fear is he may be no better than what we've seen so far this season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Pierce and Rondo are giving us nothing.  Same ole Pierce - no lift whatsoever.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Pierce is playing no defense.  His man has hit two straight 3 pointers and all Pierce is doing is standing there with his outstretched arm in the air.

We're shooting too many jump shots.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPinoy. Show GreenPinoy's posts

http://nbaliveonline.tv/nbalive/watch/?match=C&link=4&game=Philadelphia%2076ers%20at%20Boston%20Celtics

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPinoy. Show GreenPinoy's posts

Most of our points are coming from the perimeter. not good.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:

Pierce is playing no defense.  His man has hit two straight 3 pointers and all Pierce is doing is standing there with his outstretched arm in the air.

We're shooting too many jump shots.

Agreed....the D on this team is awful... this team can score and i wouldnt be surprise if the Cs get blown out tonight.  I really thought this team would be much better and I know there are new parts but those new parts have done little... Greene is way too passive and pretty much looks like he did before the operation....Terry's had one good game... Lee has been inconsistent.... not liking this

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

This is hard to watch.  This team has some serious deficiencies.

We play NO DEFENSE whatsoever.  These guys are getting to the rim way too easily.

All while we're shooting jumpshots.  Nothing inside.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Pierce is really this team's biggest liability.  His turnovers and poor shooting seem like they are here to stay.  

The rest of the team is so out of sync defensively and shooting so poorly I think this team without another big man of consequence is going to be struggling for a playoff spot.  I hope I am wrong. It looks really bad at half time.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Pierce is really this team's biggest liability.  His turnovers and poor shooting seem like they are here to stay.  

The rest of the team is so out of sync defensively and shooting so poorly I think this team without another big man of consequence is going to be struggling for a playoff spot.  I hope I am wrong. It looks really bad at half time.

Definitely agree with this... they also seem to have no fire other than KG... they will not beat good teams like this... I would have thought they would be better defensively with better team quickness and speed but the holes are glaring... they cannot just depend on KG for interior D... they need someone else and fast....

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

if this is a barometer, we flat out suck

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

If you watch closely to see where our D breaks down, more often than not its a guard penetrating and our big men have to help and then their man gets an easy rebound dunk.   They hit some very tough jumpers we can live with but those easy putbacks killed us.   Rondo's man penetrating is the biggest problem - especially when he splits the defense.

Rondo - PLEASE STOP BEING LAZY AND CHEATING ON D!!!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

In response to concord27's comment:

Definitely agree with this... they also seem to have no fire other than KG... they will not beat good teams like this... I would have thought they would be better defensively with better team quickness and speed but the holes are glaring... they cannot just depend on KG for interior D... they need someone else and fast....

Those holes are a result of having a lot of new players still learning the system.

Maybe so but from what I see, there is no system....lets be honest, when KG leaves the game, the D falls apart.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Fierce, we lost guys like Quis, Sasha, JJJ, E'Twaun, Steamer, Dooling, Pietrus, Ray.  Besides Ray, everyone else was a role player, at best.  Very replaceable.  And they have been replaced by much better players.

I expect Jeff Green to play better than Sasha.  I expect Jason Terry to play better than Pietrus.  I expect Leandro Barbosa to play better than E'Twaun.  And I expect Courtney Lee to be as effective on both offense and defense as Ray was, especially on defense.

So, your right, I don't expect them to play the same way.  I expect them to play better.

That's not rebuilding.  That's lacking chemistry.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Doc needs to have a center in the game at all times.

KG, Wilcox, Darko, Collins....

Going small doesn't work.

Good call on Wilcox he shored up the defense. the problem is not so much going small. Wilcox realy is a power forward and not a center.

The problem is we are going really small with bass and sullinger who are both not only power forwards but undersized power forwards. Don't think they should ever play together. 

the 76ers starting 5 consists of 1 PF 3 SF and a PG. but they're athletic and a perimeter shooting team thats why they give the Celtics problems.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

Fierce, we lost guys like Quis, Sasha, JJJ, E'Twaun, Steamer, Dooling, Pietrus, Ray.  Besides Ray, everyone else was a role player, at best.  Very replaceable.  And they have been replaced by much better players.

I expect Jeff Green to play better than Sasha.  I expect Jason Terry to play better than Pietrus.  I expect Leandro Barbosa to play better than E'Twaun.  And I expect Courtney Lee to be as effective on both offense and defense as Ray was, especially on defense.

So, your right, I don't expect them to play the same way.  I expect them to play better.

think about it. JG had major heart surgery last season.  maybe he's a little tentative out because of that. sort of like a running back who has major reconstructive knee surgery. give the guy a break it's only been 4 games.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to 003323344's comment:

think about it. JG had major heart surgery last season.  maybe he's a little tentative out because of that. sort of like a running back who has major reconstructive knee surgery. give the guy a break it's only been 4 games.

True to some extent but he is getting paid 9million a year... players like that need to perform

Sections
Shortcuts