Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers

Pierce's defense is awful

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

I still say that the Cs get blown out...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Philly is 30th, DEAD LAST, in scoring in the NBA.  They are the worst scoring team in the league and they are carving us up.

They have 73 points with 4:45 left in the 3rd quarter.  The defense has left the building.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

fire Doc? j/k yea something is definitely amiss here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Lets run on these guys...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

ha...seriously, just watch Pierce on D... he has no lateral quickness and cant recover when he get beat off a dribble....he is the weakest link

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Rondo's defense is worse!   Its his man that causes the rest of the D to fall completely apart.  Rondo, as usual, doesn't fight over a pick.   He just reaches from behind and then stands there watching.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Rondo's defense is worse!   Its his man that causes the rest of the D to fall completely apart.  Rondo, as usual, doesn't fight over a pick.   He just reaches from behind and then stands there watching.

I agree he takes way too many chances always has but Doc does nothing to change that

[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I was just complimenting bass on his aggressivenes..I love this line up..lots of speed..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Sad that Rondo thinks he's the best option all the time on an end of shot clock play.   When is the last time he penetrated and passed on that play?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree he takes way too many chances always has but Doc does nothing to change that

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure Doc does nothing.  From EVERYTHING I read, Rondo is the most stubborn player there.  All the inside stories say he listens to NO ONE and thinks he's the smartest person on the planet.   Doc's only choice is to bench him - not realistic.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

[QUOTE]

Sad that Rondo thinks he's the best option all the time on an end of shot clock play.   When is the last time he penetrated and passed on that play?

[/QUOTE]

agree and he lets the shot clock run way to low before he starts his move and then its always a rushed wild shot...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I was just complimenting bass on his aggressivenes..I love this line up..lots of speed..

[/QUOTE]

Bass and KG are playing the best of this team.  Green is just not assertive.  Terry is iffy.  Lee is AWOL.  Pierce looks old all season so far.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Last game and this game, JT waking up.  That's huge for this team if he finally starts shooting great!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Now that I see Terry running that same play Ray used to run, I'm now starting to blame Rondo and Doc rather than thinking it was Ray.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fierce, we lost guys like Quis, Sasha, JJJ, E'Twaun, Steamer, Dooling, Pietrus, Ray.  Besides Ray, everyone else was a role player, at best.  Very replaceable.  And they have been replaced by much better players.

I expect Jeff Green to play better than Sasha.  I expect Jason Terry to play better than Pietrus.  I expect Leandro Barbosa to play better than E'Twaun.  And I expect Courtney Lee to be as effective on both offense and defense as Ray was, especially on defense.

So, your right, I don't expect them to play the same way.  I expect them to play better.

That's not rebuilding.  That's lacking chemistry.

[/QUOTE]
    Good pts Peter

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Petey - where are you?  I miss your commentary!

Terrible play by Rondo when we need no turnovers.  Worse play by Pierce to foul the guy and make it a 3 point play.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

This phillie team hits the glass as a group..they just look like they want it more..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

We have to make it uncomfortable for these guys..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

JT waking up!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Get Pierce out of there.  He is killing them he is a turnover machine.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

We are playing much better offensively but we still cannot stop them.

We need stops and without them, we're done.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

jeff green is awful

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Im just not seeing this whole JG thing...can someone tell me what he brings to the table?  he is a 6 10 guy who does ?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

These game threads are really quiet this season.  A commentary on the Celtics chances? The format is horrible which does not help.

Sections
Shortcuts