Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers

In response to concord27's comment:

These game threads are really quiet this season.  A commentary on the Celtics chances? The format is horrible which does not help.

Combination of fairweather hater fans and the Globe slapping us all in the face with a MUCH worse product and format, ignorning the issues and complaints/requests and basically saying F-U to all the fans who enjoyed spending time here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

I am sorry but Pierce is awful on both ends of the court...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjcaesar. Show kjcaesar's posts

Every time we start to make a run, someone turns over the ball, take a stupid shot, or give easy bucket. It's killing me!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

In response to concord27's comment:

These game threads are really quiet this season.  A commentary on the Celtics chances? The format is horrible which does not help.

Combination of fairweather hater fans and the Globe slapping us all in the face with a MUCH worse product and format, ignorning the issues and complaints/requests and basically saying F-U to all the fans who enjoyed spending time here.

Agree... some genius thinks theyre going to make something better and nothing theyve done is better... with the new format, I cant even log on with IE or firefox... i have to use google chrome

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Tonite it's gonna take a small last 2 minute miracle.

Tomorrow we go against the Bucks and bad matchups in the front court.

Might make for some interesting  threads (and not in a good way).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

jeff green is awful

9 million a year awful.   The softest player on the team.  Give me some big guys who will bang and get after it.  This team is going nowhere.  No rebounding=no ring

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

man i was so excited to see this team play this year and they just flat out suck.....no heart, very little hustle....awful defense....just embarassing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Doc gives Rondo way too much leeway....he throws some awful passes and Doc never says a thing to him... he is afraid that rondo will sulk i think

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

man i was so excited to see this team play this year and they just flat out suck.....no heart, very little hustle....awful defense....just embarassing.

Team is awful, but I can't agree that they have no heart and no hustle.  Hustle and heart are not the issue - defense is the primary issue and Pierce looking old is hurting.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

think the heart and hustle are there. they're just completely out of sync.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Same here...so far im really disappointed... they pick up some big bodies and dont use them....whats the point??  we have no interior D and rebounding is still a big problem

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

That's a wrap boys.  Another Friday night loss at home.....like last year.   Amazing.

Only team disappointing its fans worse than the Celtics is the Lakers.....and they just fired their coach.    Trying to be patient but this is painful to watch.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

celtics just allowed the worst offensive team in the league score 106 points on them.....so disgusted

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

man i have to go take a shower to wash the stench this game left, off.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

Doc gives Rondo way too much leeway....he throws some awful passes and Doc never says a thing to him... he is afraid that rondo will sulk i think

Rondo is way overrated, his stats are inflated because he pounds the ball for half the shot clock away pretty much on all possesions, so off course he will get an assist because no else is allowed to touch the ball. 

Unfortunately, because he is a 1-dimensional-player, the Celtics have no other way to play except to allow Rondo to pound the ball, because we know what happens when the ball leaves his hand, his man goes and doubles the ball. 

It's been that way for 5 years, walk it up and pound the ball Rondo.  The only year he didn't do that as much was the first year, and guess what happen the first year, the Celts won the Title.  Why?  cause Rondo didn't play much in the 4th quarter, his 1-dimensional @$$ was on the bench.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

celtics just allowed the worst offensive team in the league score 106 points on them.....so disgusted

I dont know what everyone expects defensively with this team..  Pierce cant guard anyone, Rondo takes way too many chances, they have no interior D when KG isnt in the game and since he only plays about 28 29 mins... that a whole lot of time without a shot blocker of any sort

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Loss at home and Sixers bigman was missing.

Actually, I was not surprised. 

Disappointed, but not surprised.

Really need a lot more from Green and Lee.

Didn't watch the game, so don't know if Rondo's performance matched his stats.

Thinking that wasn't the case.

Does the other shoe drop tomorrrow, or does Celtic pride show up for the first time  this season?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to darkman20's comment:

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

Rondo is way overrated, his stats are inflated because he pounds the ball for half the shot clock away pretty much on all possesions, so off course he will get an assist because no else is allowed to touch the ball. 

Unfortunately, because he is a 1-dimensional-player, the Celtics have no other way to play except to allow Rondo to pound the ball, because we know what happens when the ball leaves his hand, his man goes and doubles the ball. 

It's been that way for 5 years, walk it up and pound the ball Rondo.  The only year he didn't do that as much was the first year, and guess what happen the first year, the Celts won the Title.  Why?  cause Rondo didn't play much in the 4th quarter, his 1-dimensional @$$ was on the bench.  

I do think they rely way too much on him on offense and its true he waits way too long to initiate action....that said, what else do they do when they dont have a true point guard when he leaves the game

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to breaktime's comment:

Loss at home and Sixers bigman was missing.

Actually, I was not surprised. 

Disappointed, but not surprised.

Really need a lot more from Green and Lee.

Didn't watch the game, so don't know if Rondo's performance matched his stats.

Thinking that wasn't the case.

Does the other shoe drop tomorrrow, or does Celtic pride show up for the first time  this season?

Yeah he got 20 assists but he did way too many negative things imo... I am a big supporter  of RR but the increased control he seems to have on this team is maybe not the best...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

at least terry and KG continued to play very well

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I'm with you, Venice.  There is too much dependency on Rondo.  He controls the ball and until he's more of a threat with his jumper, until he eliminates the critical turnovers,  and until this team moves the ball better, we'll struggle offensively.   But, I really think his defense is a much bigger liability than his offense.   Its easy to blame everyone on our team but take a look at how guards have fared against the Celtics in our games.  They're killing us - mainly because they can penetrate and force our big men to rotate......and we don't rotate that well with all the new players.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

im so sick of doc babying green.....just say he needs to play better....not "probobaly be more aggressive"

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:

The Celts will be fine if they win tomorrow and at Chicago.

It's true Pierce is playing like he's old. But this should not be a surprise because he is old!

That's where Green is supposed to help but he's just not assertive.  He's not lost.  He's not without talent.  He's just a passive guy.

Sections
Shortcuts