Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Sixers

[/QUOTE]

I do think they rely way too much on him on offense and its true he waits way too long to initiate action....that said, what else do they do when they dont have a true point guard when he leaves the game

[/QUOTE]The Cs have willing passers who can find creative ways to score when R9R is not on the floor.

When he is on the floor, Rondo dominates the ball, gets big numbers.... to the detriment of the team. 

Pud

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

im so sick of doc babying green.....just say he needs to play better....not "probobaly be more aggressive"

Don't know what you are reading, but I don't see Doc babying Green.  Articles I've read suggest Doc is very hard on Green - in the press and in practice.

Link on Doc yelling at Green during practice:  http://www.celticslife.com/2012/11/doc-rivers-calls-out-jeff-green.html

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

sox fan94......Sometimes a player is not motivated because a player is who he is.......not because his coach is babying him.

I still have high hopes for Green but I admit he's proving me wrong and gone back to his passive ways.  I guess a zebra can't change his stripes, huh?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

The Celts will be fine if they win tomorrow and at Chicago.

It's true Pierce is playing like he's old. But this should not be a surprise because he is old!

That's where Green is supposed to help but he's just not assertive.  He's not lost.  He's not without talent.  He's just a passive guy.

Look at this way, the Celts had no choice but to sign Green, but we all know he has the talent. So he can be used in a trade a few months from now.

I was never one who argued we should not have signed Green.  I am glad they did and I think they paid him what others in the market would have paid him.  But, I'm also being proven wrong so far.   I hope I'm right and he turns it around but I have to be objective - so far he's not showing us anything!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

I am sorry but Pierce is awful on both ends of the court...

It doesn't matter: Pierce is the untouchable holy cow of the Celtic nation. He can go 1 for 20 and will still get the ball.  Beware though, you don't want to criticise him to much on this board, the sharks might attack.      

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

The Celts will be fine if they win tomorrow and at Chicago.

It's true Pierce is playing like he's old. But this should not be a surprise because he is old!

Well then maybe Green should see more minutes... that way we'll really know if he has something or not....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

im so sick of doc babying green.....just say he needs to play better....not "probobaly be more aggressive"

He needs to be way more aggressive and play better.... i just dont know if he has that aggressive attitude in him.... play him way more minutes and go to him more and lets see...

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In the post game, Doc said they need to do a better job getting green going, but added that Green himself needs to get himself going..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

how about doc and our hustle problem this year.  did he say anything post game about that?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

These game threads are really quiet this season.  A commentary on the Celtics chances? The format is horrible which does not help.

maybe the team has to at least trick us into thinking that they look like they have their heads into the game before people will get excited?  i mean look at it we have lost to the worst teams in the league. 

philly doesn't even have elderon brand any more to bother 4's and we played like mouses for green and bass tonight.  throw up a bunch of stinko games to start things off and people are not going to flock to the board so much

Sections
Shortcuts