Game Thread - Celtics vs. Spurs 3.31.11

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Game Thread - Celtics vs. Spurs 3.31.11

Otherwise known as the Battle of the Slumping Injured Elites.

Yes, I know the Spurs are still dangerous... but the best opponents bring out the best in us.

Let's win this one... and give JO the warm welcome back he deserves!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Spurs 3.31.11

A tad eager, are we MsL?   Okay by me!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Von Wafer back as well! great news!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lalakerman. Show lalakerman's posts

Well its a home game for the Spurs. Ill take them to win until i can see the Celtic interior defense have a good game. And they will lose it in the 4th quarter like always, tired legs! Dejuan Blair and the Brazilian should kill them on the boards.  And the young Spurs will outrun the geriatric Celtics. Go Lakers!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

TONIIIIGHT!!!  We turn the Corner like a dirtbike on a motorcross!!..Kicking up dust in the face to all who dare challenge the metal of this team!  We will drag these spurs thru the wooden floors of the A T & T!  We will douse the fans with the sweat from our Brows!  We will....ok, you get my drift right?    National Televison!, for all the world to See!  All you Laker trolls can tune in like I know you will to see if we are a better team w/ JON, and you will run and hide at the sight of the destruction left in the aftermath of the Collosal beatdown we will deliver to the leagues top seeded team!!!   LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!

WHEW!  this hazlenut coffee is hitting the spot today! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Without Duncan it should be a cake walk, but it won't be.

Recently, the Celtics have usually played to the level of there opponant, but without the interior defense at the end of games to make stops, they struggle against many teams.

If Duncan had been playing, I know KG would have been inspired. Now I guess we will have to wait and see.

I can't wait until the regular season is over and the play-offs begin. The focus, and some players will return.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

We need this game. I want to stay right at #2 and play the Knicks.

We should be able to take the Knicks out in 5 and get some rest.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbrann. Show mbrann's posts

I don't think we NEED this game. I mean...I would love to see them win it but if we play decent and then happen to lose there is still no reason to panic. I'm sick of all the NN/EIO posters lately. I'll bet that if JO does not put up 25 points and 15 rebounds in his first night back then the NN posters will be in full panic mode.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Im not expecting anything special from JON just yet...and neither should anyone else. The way he has been written off here, I think we all should just be happy if he can provide a body to rest our bigs...but depending how many minutes he plays, I def. think he can upgrade the defensive intensity right away and provide a veteran presence on that side not seen by Kristic.  I am not looking for him to score, but he probably can....but as long as he can do defensively what he did earlier , its a big help.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I know the knicks dont play defense, but they looked good last night scoring the rock..I dont know If I want that matchup...They have Chauncey in a groove right now...and when he is on, he will post Rondo and go to work...Pierce did a decent job on Melo last time, but his star treatment is evident, so even when u play good "D" the refs could bail him out and get Paul in foul trouble...and so far as Stoudemire, I dont worry as much, if we have a rested K.G, but when you think about them scoring 115- 120 points easily and the fact we averaging like 87 pts now...its not a good matcup, IMO  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

The Knicks have no bigs and Amare plays no defense. That series will be easy for the C's. It won't be a physical knock down drag out series, more up and down.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

They're trying to play Jared Jeffries at C. Are you kidding me?????

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

It may be the easiest route, but i just dont think anything will be easy for this team.  We would have to upgrade our current defensive intensity to hold these guys under 100.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Tonight reminds me of high school. First the junior varsity game (celtics at spurs) followed by the varsity game (mavs at LAKERS). Laughing

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

everyday you are reminded of high school, .....because thats where you go everyday to try to learn something.....apparently its not working though....so sad.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

DING DING DING - - - We have a winner!!!!!

Thanks for playing JayShizzle

I make an accurate statement, and celtic fans start up with their personal attacks. Oh, man, I have to get to 6th period, see you later.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Please dont tease us saying you are leaving....we all know you cant get enough of this board.  1st off, your statement is far from accurate...when was the last time the Mavs did anything??  thank you

So far as personal attacks... you let me know when that happens....You must have pretty thin skin if you cant handle the truth.  What do you expect when you are a troll? 

You behave like a little coward, and dont take my words to mean I am upset, but thats a personal attack, so you know......but I call it like I see it.  You and your lil' high school friends hang out here while your team is streaking, which shows how pathetic you are, that even when winning, you are not happy unless you try to stir something up.  You won it all last year...woo-hoo, big shyt!  So why are you here everyday showing your insecurity?...why not parade the streets yelling "were champs" ?? 

Are you too annoying on the Laker board and your own fellow fans cant stand you?  ....dont answer that.   I know you probably think you are kicking us when we are down..but heres news...I have a life outside of basketball, and I will be fine, win , lose or draw...but you, you have some serious issues....but keep trying.,...I dont mind entertaining the homeless....have some hot cocoa buddy

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Spurs 3.31.11:
    [QUOTE]everyday you are reminded of high school, .....because thats where you go everyday to try to learn something.....apparently its not working though....so sad.
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

What a hilarious comeback!!  Seriously, keep your day job.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Spurs 3.31.11 : What a hilarious comeback!!  Seriously, keep your day job.
    Posted by victorlee1234[/QUOTE]

You're right.  Tayshawn's post didn't deserve a comeback at all!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

[QUOTE]Please dont tease us saying you are leaving....we all know you cant get enough of this board.  1st off, your statement is far from accurate...when was the last time the Mavs did anything??  thank you So far as personal attacks... you let me know when that happens....You must have pretty thin skin if you cant handle the truth.  What do you expect when you are a troll?  You behave like a little coward, and dont take my words to mean I am upset, but thats a personal attack, so you know......but I call it like I see it.  You and your lil' high school friends hang out here while your team is streaking, which shows how pathetic you are, that even when winning, you are not happy unless you try to stir something up.  You won it all last year...woo-hoo, big shyt!  So why are you here everyday showing your insecurity?...why not parade the streets yelling "were champs" ??  Are you too annoying on the Laker board and your own fellow fans cant stand you?  ....dont answer that.   I know you probably think you are kicking us when we are down..but heres news...I have a life outside of basketball, and I will be fine, win , lose or draw...but you, you have some serious issues....but keep trying.,...I dont mind entertaining the homeless....have some hot cocoa buddy
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Sigmund Freud is in the house!!  Imagine that!  The thin-skinned dude's got a life outside of the Globe Basketball forum.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Somebody remind me to breathe when JO starts playing tonite

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

JayShizzle, Nice to see you taking the time to dedicate that whole rant to me, but come on, I am only here to discuss the celtics and the rest of the NBA. Please stay on topic.

Good luck on that whole turning point of the season tonight thing happening. Cool

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

T-minus 58 minutes and counting!  The Spurs will be playing their full roster and based on this season, that's actually good news for us as we play our best against the best! 

Go Celtics - especially JO!!!

And yes, Hedley, guilty as charged about being eager!  I hope I'm right that an elite team is just what we need in order to play like the elite team we are!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics2008Champs. Show Celtics2008Champs's posts

OK if JO does indeed play, I AM PREDICTING: 

14 minutes of play.
    6 points
    2 blocks 
    4 rebounds 
    1 steal

WILL I BE RIGHT?????
    We will find out! Cool

LETS GO CELTICS!

Sections
Shortcuts