Game Thread - Celtics vs. Spurs 3.31.11

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Spurs 3.31.11

Glad Ray went to the basket.  I love Rondo's aggression but I want him to get Ray going because Ray will be important as the game goes on.  He's a game buster when he hits two or three in a row.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I do see them boxing out the ball is going everywhere we are not

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

As noted on the board already, the Second Chance points will be the downfall unless the C's can clean them up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Wow, looks like we should have traded for Kevin Love...We finally come to play but cant get a frigggin rebound..and Kristic going out,,,,W TF!   we cant get a break

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Unbelievable.....yet ANOTHER injury. Krstic knee.  Let's hope its just a strain.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

He tore a ligament easily. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

good news is we are right there with the top team....but bad news is we should up by 10, but we keep giving up offensive boards.....this is brining back nightmares of game 7!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Come on, man....you don't know what happened.  It was ugly but he's walking.  If a ligament was torn, I suspect he'd be in more pain and unable to walk.

I hope you're wrong.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Spurs 3.31.11:
    [QUOTE]Come on, man....you don't know what happened.  It was ugly but he's walking.  If a ligament was torn, I suspect he'd be in more pain and unable to walk. I hope you're wrong.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

I hope I am wrong too but when your leg buckles like that and your limping off holding the inside part of your leg thats terrible. Tom Brady, Perkins, Faulk and the list goes on of people who have walked off with ACL tears. I am not saying its an ACL but it could easily be his MCL which would just be as bad.

Tearing a ligament doesn't mean you cannot walk lmao. I tore my ACL and walked on it for two weeks before even finding out.

Edit-Best case scenario he sprained his knee.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

gave up 33 in the 1st, but held them to 16 in the 2nd...hopefully we settle into our defense in the 3rd....the rotations are causing lanes to rebound..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Ray with 2 pts and 3 TO's.  That alien that had taken over Rondo's body has apparently migrated to Ray's.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]gave up 33 in the 1st, but held them to 16 in the 2nd...hopefully we settle into our defense in the 3rd....the rotations are causing lanes to rebound..
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

On the flip side, we scored 31 in the first and 18 in the second.  I hope we're not looking at a repeat of of those big third quarters followed by lousy fourths.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I can live with a tie at the half on the road with the team with the best record

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]So I guess JO is going to get thrown in the fire full blown by the end of next week.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, Doc may have to give him more minutes than he'd planned.  But Jermaine has indicated he's ready to play big minutes.  I wonder if there will be a Wafer sighting before this one's over.  Is he in uniform?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Ray with 2 pts and 3 TO's.  That alien that had taken over Rondo's body has apparently migrated to Ray's.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

I also think Ray is not hustling/moving as he used to.  I think he's moping a bit.  But, I also think Rondo is not finding his players.  Rondo is 5 for 11 and the next closest has 8 shots.....and the rest are around 4 or 5 shots.   I love the fact that Rondo's being aggressive and don't want him to back off....but I do think he should try to get Ray into the game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Notice Ray just got the ball and no one came to set a pick, no movement...they watched him.  Ray is NOT capable of blowing past anyone.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

this looks bad....if we dont post baby, we got a 5 man jump shooting team..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBCoach. Show DBCoach's posts

too many pts in the paint,  the lack of interior toughness will be the doom of this team.   Teams are taking to many easy shots near the basket  Hopfully JO can get there by playoff time. at least he blocks shots.  not looking for Shaq at least JO is back 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

PP is the Truth tonight

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

[QUOTE]Notice Ray just got the ball and no one came to set a pick, no movement...they watched him.  Ray is NOT capable of blowing past anyone.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

We haven't really been running a lot of plays for him. It seems like were saving some of our best stuff for the playoffs with him and plays.

I also think Ray out of everyone on this team is easily the most fatigued. His type offense is difficult on the body. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBCoach. Show DBCoach's posts

Pierce and Allen having career years shooting... everyone else injured..  crazy

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

He (Ray) is completely just standing there. No movement at all....completely not involved.

Refs just look for Garnett's picks these days. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Rondo tries to pull what Parker just got away with and throws up a force....this is when he is too smart for his own good, he should know he isnt gonna get the same b.s. calls T.P gets on the road and he wouldnt hit the free throws anyway...this is about to get out of hand if we dont step it up on offense and rebound

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Never doubt Rondo. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Rondo eat his Wheaties

Sections
Shortcuts