Game Thread - Celtics vs. Spurs 3.31.11

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Spurs 3.31.11

In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Spurs 3.31.11:
    [QUOTE]Baby getting killed.  Jermaine time?
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

Apparently not.  KG just keeps hitting J's.  This is great! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac1980. Show mac1980's posts

I only wish we could play this good against bad teams

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]Why isnt JON in to guard TD? Hes eating BBD up alive
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]
    1st game back.  Probably just minutes

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Calling out everyone who doubted the Celtics could turn it on

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

For KG is this is a message game 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

See, this is EXACTLY why I'm not panicking on this team. It's like they flip a switch. Now, it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see them come home and blow grits against Detroit and/or Philly. But when the playoffs get here I expect to see more of what we're seeing tonight.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

big tic is dominating DUNCAN again! like the celts the spurs will be ok! they will be going 7 versus memphis though! okc will be ready. lakers will barely get to the finals! wont shock me if they dont!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

make your free throws boy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

You know the one thing that has been bothering me for a while that will only change if/when Shaq gets back?   We dont have nobody that gives hard fouls....thats why Doc called them soft, and thats why Kobe said he was proud of Bynum protecting the paint when he forearmed Beasley.  Its ok if you are beat, but most of babys fouls he is barely touching the guy..trying to avoid people to no avail....tomahawk Duncans a ss, strait up!  Atleast Sheed , even Scal would give you a porkchop...but these guys, Kristic, JON,  yes K.G too, we need to smack  people sometimes to set the tone in the paint....dont have to be a flagrant but a good hard play on the ball, no and ones...Jeeeesh....that shyt drives me crazy...I hope it changes in the playoffs but meanwhile K.G. went to work to end the game!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

DANG Rondo...work on those FREE THROWS!!!

*shudders*

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

celts went 17 years without one victory in san antonio, now have won 5 years in a row. duncan has never had a 5 game losing streak.. wow!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

I've said this in the past.  Maybe Rondo should shoot jump shots for free throws.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Hard, very hard fouls are coming boys and girls, don't worry about a thing. Three cups of wine

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]TONIIIIGHT!!!  We turn the Corner like a dirtbike on a motorcross!!..Kicking up dust in the face to all who dare challenge the metal of this team!  We will drag these spurs thru the wooden floors of the A T & T!  We will douse the fans with the sweat from our Brows!  We will....ok, you get my drift right?    National Televison!, for all the world to See!  All you Laker trolls can tune in like I know you will to see if we are a better team w/ JON, and you will run and hide at the sight of the destruction left in the aftermath of the Collosal beatdown we will deliver to the leagues top seeded team!!!   LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!! WHEW!   
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

hee-hee, I hate to gloat, but....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

doomerS here's a stat for you..  celts have a better record against teams that will be in the playoffs than those who wont be in the playoffs! by far more than any other team! put that in your pipe and smoke that!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Wow, Rondo showed something tonight.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Finally, a big fourth quarter.  The jumpers were falling tonight.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

22 points (11-20), 14 assists, 5 rebounds ... and 0 turnovers in 40 minutes.
    I'll take it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]I've said this in the past.  Maybe Rondo should shoot jump shots for free throws.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

Who was it that used to do that, Joel?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

[QUOTE]22 points (11-20), 14 assists, 5 rebounds ... and 0 turnovers in 40 minutes. I'll take it.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

I'll take it also. Hopefully this great win can finally get this team back on the RIGHT track.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Weeeee DID it!!!!!!

My eyes were glued to the game the entire 2nd half!  LOVING my Celtics, just loving them!  That took so much guts to come out there and play the game they did against another elite team!  I eat the words I said after the Bobcats game... these guys ARE FOR REAL!!!

Huge thanks to those of you who gave me reason to keep my own faith going when it waivered ever so briefly.  I'm thinking Celtsfan4life, Jay, Rajon, Dino, Dewey, guyfromtex, proftom, Jamez, Joel, Petey, Hedley, Getzo, OneOnOne, Communist, Fiercest... and everyone else whose name's not coming to mind because I'm just so excited and so relieved!!

So proud of these guys.

Our faith is being rewarded!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

22, 14 and 0 turnovers...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]22 points (11-20), 14 assists, 5 rebounds ... and 0 turnovers in 40 minutes. I'll take it.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]
    Great game, great game.  He had confidence in his shot and it was falling.

Let's shower up and catch that flight to Atlanta.  We might not get to Atlanta until 3am.  I hate some of these back to backs coming from the west to the east.

I am so concerned about Krstic.  Boy, I hope he's ok.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]22, 14 and 0 turnovers...
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Yyyup!  That's the REAL Rondo!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]Weeeee DID it!!!!!! My eyes were glued to the game the entire 2nd half!  LOVING my Celtics, just loving them!  That took so much guts to come out there and play the game they did against another elite team!  I eat the words I said after the Bobcats game... these guys ARE FOR REAL!!! Huge thanks to those of you who gave me reason to keep my own faith going when it waivered ever so briefly.  I'm thinking Celtsfan4life, Jay, Rajon, Dino, Dewey, guyfromtex, proftom, Joel, Getzo, Communist, Fiercest... and everyone else whose name's not coming to mind because I'm just so excited and so relieved!! So proud of these guys. Our faith is being rewarded!!!!
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]

That Danny is a genius, another great strategy!  lol

I knew with the 2 days off, JON returning and playing a top team would get a rise out of these guys,...but when Rondo starts getting double pics to shoot at the top of the key..better watch out........better not cry.  lol  Cant wait to see this board tommorow...I may just sit and read..Great redemption for Rondo and he shot every time they left him and made it...Thats HUGE!