Game Thread: Celtics vs Spurs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Spurs

zero offensive rebounds for the Celtics late in the 4th.  Ridiculous!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

The Cs spend all this money on Green and Bass and they are getting almost nothing from JG and Bass was way better last year....frustrating

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

it's all rondo now! We still have a shot at this.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Looks like Rondo is taking over the 4th.  At least looking at the ESPn updated box scores...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Way to carry the team, Rondo.  Great play.   Unfortunately, we can't have a hero game from Rondo every night.  The whole team needs to step up better.  Where's Pierce, Green, Bass, etc.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

...and thrown away....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

KG, no FT attempts...SMDH

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Kg will only fall away at this point in the season.  He's not playing with muscle, only finesse.   Plays hard, but not physical.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kg will only fall away at this point in the season.  He's not playing with muscle, only finesse.   Plays hard, but not physical.

[/QUOTE]

He did the same thing last year but its worse this year... love KG but these kind of games from him hurt this team.... 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Bass is a good player but he's just not a starting PF of a championship team.  Spurs have Splitter or Duncan.  Heat have Bosh.  Thunder have Ibaka.  Clippers have Griffith.  Lakers have Gasol.   We have Bass.   Think we're at a disadvantage there?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Well....it appears my optimism got the better of me....I really thought the Cs would win this game!

DA and Doc will figure this thing out! Go Cs! Happy Thanksgiving!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]

Bass is a good player but he's just not a starting PF of a championship team.  Spurs have Splitter or Duncan.  Heat have Bosh.  Thunder have Ibaka.  Clippers have Griffith.  Lakers have Gasol.   We have Bass.   Think we're at a disadvantage there?

[/QUOTE]

Yes, no doubt.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Spurs got a basket as Duncan drove to the hole and dished to Splitter.   Rondo dribbled around the three point line and Terry took a desperation shot.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well....it appears my optimism got the better of me....I really thought the Cs would win this game!

DA and Doc will figure this thing out! Go Cs! Happy Thanksgiving!!

[/QUOTE]

We will definitely play better as Doc gets them in line.  But, can they really improve enough to compete with the elite teams?   I am not as sure as I was before the season started.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Looking at the box score the Celtics played a good offensive game.  Where was the DEFENSE?????

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to basketbert's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, no doubt.

[/QUOTE]

same goes for Green, Terry and Lee. Good players, but not starters on a contender.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The defense is horrible and the old offensive mojo ain't what it used to be.  We are struggling mightily.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Parker a monster shooting night... all these people who say rondo is a great defender are delusional... i think he is the start of their defensive problems...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Parker a monster shooting night... all these people who say rondo is a great defender are delusional... i think he is the start of their defensive problems...

[/QUOTE]

rondo'a great offensive player but a poor defensive one. we should cross him with bradley.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Milwaukee is 6 and 3.  Bobcats are 6 and 4.  Celts are 6 and 6 and about to go 6 and 7 with 2 of the wins against the Wizards by a hair!!   REALLY, C's.....REALLY?

Come on.....stop embarrassing your fans.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to jdm894g's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Looking at the box score the Celtics played a good offensive game.  Where was the DEFENSE?????

[/QUOTE]

Defensive analysis of the starters....kg really good but still old legs....pierce old legs and not good... Bass always confused ....Rondo... has the ablility but cheats way too much and takes way too many risky chances....Terry... too small and never been a strong point.... all this equals a poor defensive team who cant stop anyone.... just my opinion...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjcaesar. Show kjcaesar's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+111111111111111111111111111111111111

I'm not expecting AD type of defense from him but he needs to stop play lazy defense, period.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]

Way to carry the team, Rondo.  Great play.   Unfortunately, we can't have a hero game from Rondo every night.  The whole team needs to step up better.  Where's Pierce, Green, Bass, etc.

[/QUOTE]

Its not wheres Pierce, Green, Bass,.   Pierce and Bass both scored well.  The question is where is the defense and rebounding? Bass was the leading rebounder for starters with six.  Sully had 7.  We got killed inside.  Rondo dominated the 4the quarter and when he does that you aren't going to get much from anyone else since he has the ball.  We played fine on the offensive end.  Plain and simple its rebounding and defense.   Now if you want to ask where that is, I would like to know as well.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1.   Think about how Jennings, Parker, Ellis, and Holliday treated us.  See a pattern?

Sections
Shortcuts