Game Thread: Celtics vs Spurs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Spurs

In response to VeniceSox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to breaktime's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No bench, no boards, and the invisible man is  showing up again.

I posted that these  3 games (Detroit, San Antonio, and Oklahoma) would serve as a good early season reality check for the team.  Guess what?  So far we're getting an F.

Only good thing about tonites loss is the amusement  I'll get from reading several posters inane remarks about how Rondo was  the reason  we lost.

[/QUOTE]
    yeah  read the posts... no one said the Cs lost because of him.... we said his defense on parker and in general is not good ... and you cant argue that....

[/QUOTE]

No revelation there,  we have been saying that all year.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Way to carry the team, Rondo.  Great play.   Unfortunately, we can't have a hero game from Rondo every night.  The whole team needs to step up better.  Where's Pierce, Green, Bass, etc.

[/QUOTE]

Its not wheres Pierce, Green, Bass,.   Pierce and Bass both scored well.  The question is where is the defense and rebounding? Bass was the leading rebounder for starters with six.  Sully had 7.  We got killed inside.  Rondo dominated the 4the quarter and when he does that you aren't going to get much from anyone else since he has the ball.  We played fine on the offensive end.  Plain and simple its rebounding and defense.   Now if you want to ask where that is, I would like to know as well.

[/QUOTE]

Clearly defense and rebounding were the biggest issues.   No disagreement from ANYONE here.  But that's part of my question about where's Pierce and Bass?  No drives that gave us free thows.  No inside points that broke down their defense.  No real defense on them.  and in the 4th quarter - no points.   Neither of them did much at crunch time.   SA scored 112 points - that gave us more possessions so some offensive stats look good....but that's deceiving.  

So I ask again, where's Pierce, Bass, and Green?   No real help.

[/QUOTE]

It was pretty much the Rondo show in the 4th.  Don't think Green played much the 4th.  Don't think Pierce touched the ball but twice in the 4th.  Bass was our best rebounder from the starters.  We can't have it both ways,  Rondo scoring most of the points because he gets the shots.  That means other guys aren't getting shots.   I don't know what the solution is.  Green is never going to do anything in 16 minutes a game.  

[/QUOTE]

I agree about Green.  I am however worried about him.  He seems lost and unable to get in the flow.  He needs to play over 25 minutes every game.  

The thing that bothered me tonight and in other games is Terry not getting shots in the fourth period. Tonight he had 12 points in the first half.  And after that he had one shot in the second half. He is a big time clutch player.  I envisioned him adding to our offense late in crunch time and he is not getting enough shots.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In response to futbal's comment:

3 observations1) the small ball experiment is an abomination. They need a center. 2) trade Jeff Green for a parking meter (he just stands there); get what you can, most likely someone elses expensive mistake but if they could get Gortat, don't think twice. Maybe his health is still not right, but man is he soft, soft, soft. There was 2 on 1 fast break Rondo with the ball goes up the middle JG on the left instead of heading to the hoop goes to the left corner for a three, and Rondo misses a guarded layp. 3) I won't call it chemistry; but the team just doesn't look right on both sides of the court and in transition.

Funny and painful at the same time.  DA's popped 9 million worth of dimes into that parking meter too.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

No bench, no boards, and the invisible man is  showing up again.

I posted that these  3 games (Detroit, San Antonio, and Oklahoma) would serve as a good early season reality check for the team.  Guess what?  So far we're getting an F.

Only good thing about tonites loss is the amusement  I'll get from reading several posters inane remarks about how Rondo was  the reason  we lost.

[/QUOTE]

Come on, man.  Read the posts.   Rondo was great offensively but the posts talk about Rondo being the start of the defensive problems and he is.   Take your rose colored glasses off and be objective.  Rondo is as bad defensively as he is good offensively and that does hurt one of our two big problems......Defense and rebounding!

[/QUOTE]

Point taken. 

[/QUOTE]

Thats why we cannot trade AB..We are going to need him ..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

In response to basketbert's comment:
    [QUOTE]

for the 2nd unit, definitely. However, there's only one new guy with the starters.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly, this invalidates the theory that it is because of so many new players.  Wasn't the new guards suppose to have been a major upgrade on defense and rebounding? 

I guess not, the rebounding and defense are even worst.   Let's face it, most of us on this board were wrong in our thoughts in regard to these new players being and improvement...They're definitely no HOFers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to RicoActIsBack's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Great article (written in 2011) about the C's (and Heat) defensive philosophy:

http://hoopspeak.com/2011/04/comparing-the-heat-and-celtics-defensive-philosophies/

[/QUOTE]

That's all youhave to say after this great prediction smarty pants????

I do! The C's will win by 12!

[/QUOTE]

I can see you as Randy Quaid!

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Great article (written in 2011) about the C's (and Heat) defensive philosophy:

http://hoopspeak.com/2011/04/comparing-the-heat-and-celtics-defensive-philosophies/

[/QUOTE]

That's all youhave to say after this great prediction smarty pants????

I do! The C's will win by 12!

[/QUOTE]

I can see you as Randy Quaid!

[/QUOTE]

I thought we were winning by 12????? Take the Tommy Heinsohn Green Glasses. Is that you Tommy Heinsohn?????

[/QUOTE]

I learned early on in life "never argue with a man wearing a barber striped apron."

What ever you say Randy!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Ortiz123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't think its that difficult t understand that you keep your eye on the ball, in case somebody gets beat, you help out or to defend the pick and roll..Or you bock your man out to rebound. These guys have been playingin the nba for a while. They are not rookies...

[/QUOTE]

You help out but that also leaves your man open. So who helps you out?

Can't have 2 or 3 players helping you out. If you help someone must help you out BY DESIGN!

It's not as simple as many here think.

[/QUOTE]

Well, its starts at the point, Parker was going where he wanted...too easy..

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Plus SA has better shooters than we do..They were able to open the floor for their pic and rollls and we could not..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Baby 14 boards in 27 minutes in tonight's Orlando win. The Celtics had 25 rebounds total, the whole team. The team desperately needs some rebounding help.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]

Last season I was upset at Rondo. But give credit where credit is due. Rondo was the only bright spot tonight.

Tony Parker does what he does to every PG in the league. Not just Rondo.

[/QUOTE]

Folks fail to realize this!!!!!!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to VeniceSox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

First of all its not Docs scheme but even so, what is it that is so complicated?

[/QUOTE]

The players keep rotating. New players get lost. 

Let's simplify. Last season the Celts just allowed their opponents 89.3 ppg, that's 2nd in the league. This season, Doc is still the coach and the Celts are allowing 99.3 ppg. What changed?

Answer: 70% of the players from last season's team that went to the east finals are now gone. 

[/QUOTE]

70 percent overall but the starting five is the same except for one so whats the problem there?  That simple enough?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to jdm894g's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Last season I was upset at Rondo. But give credit where credit is due. Rondo was the only bright spot tonight.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So thats been the story since the start of the season...Rondo is the bright spot but no one else really is... can win with that....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to jdm894g's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So thats been the story since the start of the season...Rondo is the bright spot but no one else really is... can win with that....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

SA had 26 dimes with 5 players having 3 or more assists.

Cs had 21 dimes with only 1 player having 3 or more assists.

Cs need much better ball movement in addition to rebounding.

Pud

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts