Game Thread: Celtics vs Spurs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Spurs

Blog.......are the Lakers relevant yet?...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to VeniceSox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Phone call on a cold day in January 2013

"Ring, Ring, Ring"

Ainge:  Hey David (Kahn), this is Danny Ainge.  How have you been?  Is it cold up there in Minnesota?

Kahn:  Hi Danny, all is well here.  A foot of snow yesterday but we're used to it.  What can I do for you?

Ainge:  I want some Love.  What do you want for Kevin outside of Rondo who I know you don't need since you have Rubio?

Kahn:  Wow Danny, that's a good question.  How about you give me Green, Bass and your #1 this year and next year for Kevin.

Ainge: Deal, thanks David.  Goodbye.

[/QUOTE]

Trust me kahn would laugh at that....i bet if Love gets move its to LA

[/QUOTE]

LA doesn't have anything that Minnesota would want (for the price).  Love makes $13M and Gasol makes $19M so Minnesota would have to throw someone else in to make it work.

Also, I'm not sure Minnesota is looking to bring in a 32 year old PF/C with obvious knee issues.  They don't want a repeat of Bynum to Philly.

They'd probably want young players who can contribute now as well as draft picks.

[/QUOTE]

Well I disagree... Rubio wants to play with Gasol... as to his knees? its tendinitis and prior to this he has been extremely durable... as to who else Minn throws in? it would be a point guard.. Minn has a surplus and the lakers need one

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to TomyRules' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ya'll need to chill. The Spurs are the best team in the NBA right now. That was a pretty solid effort by us tonight. They were making almost every shot. A trade for a trade's sake will not make us best in the NBA.

[/QUOTE]

Losing to the Spurs in SA isn't reason to panic.  However, losing to Houston the way we did and never winning more than 2 in a row is reason to panic.  The defense stinks and our players don't get to the ball on rebounds before others and we miss too many easy shots.......not to mention the truly stupid turnovers.    

I have consistently said they'll improve as the season progresses but its hard to keep my faith seeing how we play up and down these days.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to 003323344's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Rondo is playing like crap.  He is making some terrible decisions and he's not playing defense.

Doc should sit him for awhile and see what energy Barbosa can bring.

[/QUOTE]

he's so enigmatic. gifted and brilliant at times tries to make the harlem globetrotter play other times.

[/QUOTE]

This is true... but he is the supposed leader of this team but imo  he is not the leader type...he is way too moody and immature

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Love hasn't won because he plays for Minn.  Reminds me of a guy named Garnett.

Love fills a huge need.  Rondo does more harm than good.  Sort of like Monte Ellis.  The supposed best player for the Warriors made them WORSE as a team. Without him they are winning.  Rondo has nice stats but klils the Celtics as a team.  

[/QUOTE]

I think we need a big man like Gortat.  Bradley needs to be healthy which I have no idea about.  I agree with your disgust the team is not delivering and Doc needs to address it. He isn't.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]

Love hasn't won because he plays for Minn.  Reminds me of a guy named Garnett.

Love fills a huge need.  Rondo does more harm than good.  Sort of like Monte Ellis.  The supposed best player for the Warriors made them WORSE as a team. Without him they are winning.  Rondo has nice stats but klils the Celtics as a team.  

[/QUOTE]

I think Love is going to make some team much better when he's not the top player on the team and I think he's a helluva player, but don't compare him to KG.  KG was an MVP and carried his team to the playoffs, something Love has not done.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Rondo is playing like crap.  He is making some terrible decisions and he's not playing defense.

[/QUOTE]

he's so enigmatic. gifted and brilliant at times tries to make the harlem globetrotter play other times.

[/QUOTE]

This is true... but he is the supposed leader of this team but imo  he is not the leader type...he is way too moody and immature

[/QUOTE]

Tremendous talent but look at Parker vs Rondo.   Parker shows you that determination EVERY GAME and does what it takes to win.   I think Rondo is physically more talented (except maybe speed) but he doesn't have that game smarts and determination that Parker does.

Agree -  Rondo is just not the leader Doc and KG are trying to make him out to be ("its Rondo's team").

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

[QUOTE]

Rondo for Gortat. Straight up. I'm so sick of Rondo I could [/QUOTE]

Could you save it for the North American Manboy Rondo Love Association meeting? I'd appreciate it...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Ring, Ring, Ring.

Hello Kahn? How about if we include a third team who may want Rondo, like the Lakers. That way we can get some Love and you can get some Gasol 

[/QUOTE]

You really think getting rid of Rondo who is stinking it up would be better off with Kevin Love you can't be serious.  Love, Pierce, and KG are going to get us a title. It is never going to happen and we will not be any better.  Kevin Love has never won anything.  Nothing. 

[/QUOTE]

Gold medal. That's something...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Tremendous talent but look at Parker vs Rondo.   Parker shows you that determination EVERY GAME and does what it takes to win.   I think Rondo is physically more talented (except maybe speed) but he doesn't have that game smarts and determination that Parker does.

Agree -  Rondo is just not the leader Doc and KG are trying to make him out to be ("its Rondo's team").

[/QUOTE]

Rondo has no consistant outside shot...Parker's game is well rounded..inside out side..

a smaller version of a younger PP...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to Rodimus77's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Are the Celtics winning?

Have a very blessed night!

[/QUOTE]

Are the Lakers above .500? Have a blessed time till they get there

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they beat Wash by 5 pts with Kobe playing 40 min....just rolling along...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Phone call on a cold day in January 2013

"Ring, Ring, Ring"

Ainge:  Hey David (Kahn), this is Danny Ainge.  How have you been?  Is it cold up there in Minnesota?

Kahn:  Hi Danny, all is well here.  A foot of snow yesterday but we're used to it.  What can I do for you?

Ainge:  I want some Love.  What do you want for Kevin outside of Rondo who I know you don't need since you have Rubio?

Kahn:  Wow Danny, that's a good question.  How about you give me Green, Bass and your #1 this year and next year for Kevin.

Ainge: Deal, thanks David.  Goodbye.

[/QUOTE]

Trust me kahn would laugh at that....i bet if Love gets move its to LA

[/QUOTE]

Move your superstar across the street, and face him several times a year???

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Celts just don't have the firepower.

Can't rebound, can't score, and can't defend. How can we beat an elite team like the Spurs?

[/QUOTE]

They have multiple 3 pts shooters, much like NY...we need some of those along with a big..ive been screaming it for a month...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]

Duncan/Splitter = 17 rebounds

KG/Bass = 5 rebounds

[/QUOTE]

That, and turnovers and not stops..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]

This team is just atrocious.  Rondo missing layups.  KG missing layups.  Pierce missing layups.  Bass breaking the backboard.  SA nailing 3 pointers at will.  Wide open threes at that.

[/QUOTE]

fatigue..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]

Right now any fish is better than a Bass!

[/QUOTE]

plays more like a Goldfish..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Was I mistaken at Doc's anger directed at Rondo for that ugly shot at the end of the shot clock.  He took him out right after that.

Pounding the ball until the shot clock winds down only to take a shot that has no chance of going in.  Bad basketball.

[/QUOTE]

I hope youre right that Doc was angry... i think Rondo has Doc wrapped around his finger and Doc is afraid to challenge him.... someone needs to

[/QUOTE]

Doc knows he has Danny backing him up...remember all the Rondo trades rumors??

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]

How do you NOT get a shot off?  Rondo again pounding the ball until 5 seconds on the shot clock and THEN you throw it out.  Then KG doesn't want to shoot nor does Pierce nor does Green.

We are playing NO DEFENSE.  SA is getting everything they want and way too easily.  Parker lets to ball roll to half court where he picks it up dribbles 6 times, easily gets around Rondo and goes in for an uncontested layup.  Way too easy.

[/QUOTE]

At this point, Rondo is never going to play in your face D...we either accept it or he gets dealt..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Ortiz123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Celts just don't have the firepower.

Can't rebound, can't score, and can't defend. How can we beat an elite team like the Spurs?

[/QUOTE]

They have multiple 3 pts shooters, much like NY...we need some of those along with a big..ive been screaming it for a month...

[/QUOTE]

We also have 3pt shooters but they're not getting open looks because the Celts don't have that inside presence. Celts need someone who will command a double-team inside so that the shooters will get open. 

The Celts can't play inside-outside basketball until they get a big man who can score inside.

Last night it was Greg Smith who scored 20 points. Tonight it was Splitter who scored 16.

Why are those guys playing like All-Stars against the Celts?

Answer: Bass is too small for those guys.

[/QUOTE]

true

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Its a a toss up..he gets a lot of turnovers gam;bing, but gives up the same by not staying infront of his man..just looks a lot worse, when other parts of the game goes south..like turnovers, and no rebounds..he does'nt have that consistant 3pt shooter to pass to right now..and or true big for lobs..