In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to VeniceSox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lets face it..Doc was gifted a title by the Big 3.. he just held into their coattails and rode it home..

He always lost then one day... all of a sudden, he became a great coach??

[/QUOTE]

he was a coach of the year before he came to Boston.  He's developed Rondo, BBD, Mike Miller, Perk,Delonte. etc.  by all measures, the Celtics with injuries and age the last few years were predicted to go nowhere and have gone to the ECF against the eventual champions, won a title, and lost in game 7 of the finals.   Last two years he did it when Danny made DUMB GM moves. He hired Hayter, then Thibbs, the Frank - all great coaches.  yet you think he's just riding coattails?  He pulls teams together from beginning of the season to the end, hires and promotes assistants, develops players, and just wins......but you guys think he should be fired.   we win by 15 and you think he's not a good coach?

Incredible.  when the team comes together at the end of this year like it does every year so far, you'll go quiet again.

[/QUOTE]

Chill man... no one said he should be fired!! We were saying that he needs to adjust his lineups more  to go with the right guys ....

[/QUOTE]

You may not be.  Others are advocating it with this start.  Check the other threads.....and the "gifted a title" comment is just wrong.

[/QUOTE]

I dont agree with the gifted comment but I never read on this thread the word fired...

[/QUOTE]

"gifted a title" isn't just wrong, it's stupid, and I don't use that word often.  I suppose Red was "gifted titles" because he had Russell and Cousy?

[/QUOTE]

Why you asking me.... Im not the one who made the gifted comment, in fact, if you read what I wrote I said specifically that I did not agree with whoever made that comment...

[/QUOTE]

Responding to Karl, not to you, apologies.

[/QUOTE]

No worries

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Game Thread Celtics VS T Wolves

In response to breaktime's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Yes gifted... the season began and Doc was given 2 HOF'ers to add to his roster...  KG was a gift McHale...any argument there??

[/QUOTE]

McHale gave us a gift in KG.  Fine. NP there.

But you said Doc was "gifted a title".   That's a leap.

Karl, you make a lot of sense much of time, but that comment about being  "gifted a title," is not one of them.

Back off it and move on.

[/QUOTE]

We all have different opinions so I wont back off.... My only issue is being accused of going quiet again, like I ever have .. Im not afraid to state my opinions and u can disagree... Fione with me..

Just dont make up stuff or things like crediting DOc for developing BBD.. Thats funny

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to breaktime's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Yes gifted... the season began and Doc was given 2 HOF'ers to add to his roster...  KG was a gift McHale...any argument there??

[/QUOTE]

McHale gave us a gift in KG.  Fine. NP there.

But you said Doc was "gifted a title".   That's a leap.

Karl, you make a lot of sense much of time, but that comment about being  "gifted a title," is not one of them.

Back off it and move on.

[/QUOTE]

We all have different opinions so I wont back off.... My only issue is being accused of going quiet again, like I ever have .. Im not afraid to state my opinions and u can disagree... Fione with me..

Just dont make up stuff or things like crediting DOc for developing BBD.. Thats funny

[/QUOTE]

I didn't say that

What are you drinking tonite Karl?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

You're so full of it.. since when did I go quiet before??? 

Since when did DOc develop BBD??? He was rotting on the bench and only AFTER KG went down with his knee did the basketball world realize BBD was pretty good...  Doc did this?? LOL

Im also glad you admit Doc created Rondo///

You're blind if you think Doc was the reason we won the title and got to the finals again etc etc...  No coach has that success without the players...NONE  and nobody can really state how much credit anyone gets.... and its funny how Doc just wins... after KG & Ray got here..

Finally, are you saying becuase we're beating the Timberwolves by 15.. that makes Doc a great coach?? Man youre off the deep end

[/QUOTE]

Sometimes I don't know whether to ignore you or explain to you how dumb your posts are:

1. BBD played 14 mins per game in his rookie year.  He played 21 mins per game the next year.  He was not rotting on the bench.  I guess you think he came into the League the player he is today, huh?   All that being hard on him by Doc had NO impact on his development, huh?  Wow.

2. Yes, Doc developed Rondo and I do think he helped him, but in some ways created a monster by giving Rondo the reigns too much.   Gotta trust your players but in developing Rondo, I do think he gave him too much room too fast and should have gotten in his butt about defense.

3. I stand by my statements about Doc.  You win championships because of players and coaches. Duncan is great but it took Duncan AND Robinson and Parker AND>...Pop to win a championship. Same goes for Phil Jackson - since Jordan didn't do it without him.  Same for Kobe and Shaq who did not live up to potential before Jackson.  Red was loaded with talent, but Red was also a great coach.  It takes all elements to win.  I guess Belicheck is "gifted" a title because he had great players.  It couldn't POSSIBLY be because he's a great coach, as well?   Try to think before you comment on this one, ok?   It takes BOTH good coaching AND great players.   

4. ON that last point, you're just trying to be a wise ash!   Of course Doc is not a great coach because we are beating the Timeberwolves.  Are you serious with such a silly question?   Doc is a great coach because he pulls his team together, makes them work together, and has them playing well/peaking at the end of the season.   When they've looked TERRIBLE during the season and people like you are crying for trades and how terrible everyone looks and saying they have no pride and other comments - they slowly but surely get better and low and behold - there's a championship challenging team at the end of the season.  THAT'S why I said he's a good coach.  I was commenting that while the Celtics are winning a game by 15, people in the thread at talking how he's a lucky coach who was "gifted" a championship.  Get it now?

5. You're right - you won't go quiet after being proved wrong.   I'm wondering why you're proud of that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]

Since when did DOc develop BBD??? He was rotting on the bench and only AFTER KG went down with his knee did the basketball world realize BBD was pretty good...  Doc did this?? LOL

You're blind if you think Doc was the reason we won the title and got to the finals again etc etc...  No coach has that success without the players...NONE  and nobody can really state how much credit anyone gets.... and its funny how Doc just wins... after KG & Ray got here..

Finally, are you saying becuase we're beating the Timberwolves by 15.. that makes Doc a great coach?? Man youre off the deep end

[/QUOTE]

Sometimes I don't know whether to ignore you or explain to you how dumb your posts are:

1. BBD played 14 mins per game in his rookie year.  He played 21 mins per game the next year.  He was not rotting on the bench.  I guess you think he came into the League the player he is today, huh?   All that being hard on him by Doc had NO impact on his development, huh?  Wow.

2. Yes, Doc developed Rondo and I do think he helped him, but in some ways created a monster by giving Rondo the reigns too much.   Gotta trust your players but in developing Rondo, I do think he gave him too much room too fast and should have gotten in his butt about defense.

3. I stand by my statements about Doc.  You win championships because of players and coaches. Duncan is great but it took Duncan AND Robinson and Parker AND>...Pop to win a championship. Same goes for Phil Jackson - since Jordan didn't do it without him.  Same for Kobe and Shaq who did not live up to potential before Jackson.  Red was loaded with talent, but Red was also a great coach.  It takes all elements to win.  I guess Belicheck is "gifted" a title because he had great players.  It couldn't POSSIBLY be because he's a great coach, as well?   Try to think before you comment on this one, ok?   It takes BOTH good coaching AND great players.   

4. ON that last point, you're just trying to be a wise ash!   Of course Doc is not a great coach because we are beating the Timeberwolves.  Are you serious with such a silly question?   Doc is a great coach because he pulls his team together, makes them work together, and has them playing well/peaking at the end of the season.   When they've looked TERRIBLE during the season and people like you are crying for trades and how terrible everyone looks and saying they have no pride and other comments - they slowly but surely get better and low and behold - there's a championship challenging team at the end of the season.  THAT'S why I said he's a good coach.  I was commenting that while the Celtics are winning a game by 15, people in the thread at talking how he's a lucky coach who was "gifted" a championship.  Get it now?

5. You're right - you won't go quiet after being proved wrong.   I'm wondering why you're proud of that.

[/QUOTE]

You blow with the wind...crediting me many times with great posts only now... its not convenient...

1. BBD mins were garbage time when the C's had many blowouts in the first Big 3 year..duh.  Now tell me you knew BBD was the player he showed after KG dropped...

2. You're agreeing DOc created a monster in Rondo .. thats 2 for 2

3. You agree teams wins championships cause of their players.. thank you.. and I agree its hard to measure the impact the coach really has

4. On the 15 point lead.. that came from your dumb post asking we're up 15 and I think Doc is a poor coach.  Man, do you read anything you post??

5. Proved wrong?.. what did you prove other than youre two faced and a phoney. You're upset with my opinions and took aim at me personally... with your horse**** made up garbage. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Good night, Karl.  Sometimes you're just hard to have a reasonable conversation with.   You must just be angry about sometime tonight.

Good win by the Celts.  I would like to see them string some together to prove they are getting better overall.   Until next game, Celts fans......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Lets face it..Doc was gifted a title by the Big 3.. he just held into their coattails and rode it home..

He always lost then one day... all of a sudden, he became a great coach??

[/QUOTE]

he was a coach of the year before he came to Boston.  He's developed Rondo, BBD, Mike Miller, Perk,Delonte. etc.  by all measures, the Celtics with injuries and age the last few years were predicted to go nowhere and have gone to the ECF against the eventual champions, won a title, and lost in game 7 of the finals.   Last two years he did it when Danny made DUMB GM moves. He hired Hayter, then Thibbs, the Frank - all great coaches.  yet you think he's just riding coattails?  He pulls teams together from beginning of the season to the end, hires and promotes assistants, develops players, and just wins......but you guys think he should be fired.   we win by 15 and you think he's not a good coach?

Incredible.  when the team comes together at the end of this year like it does every year so far, you'll go quiet again.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I Don't post on this board very often but I am on it during most games. The claim that Doc had nothing to do with developing the players And coaching them to a championship is insane! What game and what team have you been watching. To say that tells me you know very little about the game. I will bet that if you or I could ask every player that has played for Doc, (off the record) 90% of them would tell you how good he really is. The players like and respect him and management as well as other coaches in the league say the same and their opinions carry much more weight than yours, mine or anyone on this board. That's what really counts !

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Karl my man you are on your game tonight!!  Let me just say that i agree 100% with your comments tonight!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You blow with the wind...crediting me many times with great posts only now... its not convenient...

1. BBD mins were garbage time when the C's had many blowouts in the first Big 3 year..duh.  Now tell me you knew BBD was the player he showed after KG dropped...

2. You're agreeing DOc created a monster in Rondo .. thats 2 for 2

3. You agree teams wins championships cause of their players.. thank you.. and I agree its hard to measure the impact the coach really has

4. On the 15 point lead.. that came from your dumb post asking we're up 15 and I think Doc is a poor coach.  Man, do you read anything you post??

5. Proved wrong?.. what did you prove other than youre two faced and a phoney. You're upset with my opinions and took aim at me personally... with your horse**** made up garbage. 

[/QUOTE]

+1

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

we're in the 3rd, jeff green having fairly good game (from the stats) but NINE minutes played.  meanwhile pierce not having good game, TONS of minutes played.  shouldn't this be a great game to let green go in there and grind slacker josh howard into dust down in the post?

not watching the game, just looked in at the box score and found that to be....  shocking.  green w/ 9 mins, 8 pts on 57% FG% and pierce with all the minutes and stinko shooting

[/QUOTE]

but Doc really likes PP

[/QUOTE]

i guess it's no more complicated than paycheck / birth certificate coach.  no other lineup has lasted. 

this team is full of middling crap bench players but if you moved the pieces around and started a better rebounder along with KG and moved pierce to 2 guard and started green adn then brought in a FRESH second unit with terry/lee backcourt then this could bring new life to yesterday's newspaper.

playing rondo for 40 minutes a night with lee and terry on the roster does not cut it for me as 'good coaching' and we don't need to keep stone cold / stone handed / stone footed PIERCE in the game any more.  if you don't let green break through some barriers, he might not ever- this time right now is more important for green than it is for pierce.  if green doesn't turn into a serious player for us REALLY SOON we might as well stick a fork in it.

i see lots of chatter about doc and then defensive doc-bots saying the idea he's a bad coach is a farce.  the idea that doc was ever a good coach IS a farce.  he was "coach of the year" in ORL and then within a year or two of that he had totally lost the ear of his players.  his record of W-L is not that of a great coach before the C's.

more players have seemingly emerged out of nowhere and just chit luck or attrition (davis, bradley) under doc than have been "developed" by doc per se.  doc then went on to loathe davis out of town and now we have this BASS creature who might as well be playing for the other team some nights with his horrific defense, inability to mop up #5 minutes but oh "he's a great athlete" compared to Davis' un-soothing appearance to some.

i don't get the rivers accolytes.  he made up a one word term and stood back and let 3 HOF players determined to NOT retire as "hadn't won it all" and let them win one.  ever since he's been an enigma wrapped up inside a moron with unending tolerance for things like a "star" point guard who plays hide and seek with scoring on offense and basic competence on FT% and stepping into the immortal "basic jumper" when it's presented to him.

but then there was more unending tolerance when sheed showed up like the michelen man with centerfold boobays and all, but plenty of disdain for that naughty glen davis character for defending himself when sucker punched in the face plate in a car.  now we have sullinger whose birth certificate and paycheck is lower than the horrific rebounding phenomena known as bass plus sullinger can move some bodies aound and not get totally LOST on defense with the famous "head turn" bass is so known for- but watch for sullinger to not get many more minutes.  wilcox shoots 75% from the floor but can't get on the floor.... much.

there's a crafty streaking fast running bench lineup / spot duty bunch to be made out of this roster that could score easy points in bunches but doc won't put the pieces together to do that.  it's not all that hard- pick KG, Wilcox, Green, Lee/Terry, Rondo or just forget the rondo if he won't abide by not sucking down all the shot clock dribbling the dimples off the rock.

if you're going to win old, you have to mix in some of your young and get some low hanging fruit.  try something different and see if you can get a 3rd quarter doldrums lineup thing going to bust out some quick points on breaks, if wilcox can't get enoug boards then put sullinger in with the 1-2-3 being our quickest.

watch for zero innovations by doc though.  lots of pierce for better or for worse and 40 minutes a night of rondo the pace killer who should be rondo the speedy hurry up table setter

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

-------------------------------

well i've seen it all now.  davis was dog snotte to leon powe, an undersized but plucky 4 ONLY who in the end was not as good a player / inherently limited by major knee issues as compared to davis.  it was only when kg got injured and davis was forced into more PT by attrition than davis actually looked like a better player than KG was for us at the time.

fast forward what?  2 yrs and davis is the favorite whipping boy of doc rivers because out of one corner of doc's mouth "he's the best we have to finish out games at the 5" and out of the other corner "he shoots too much", "he's immature", and all the rest of the favorite tripe.  meanwhile we have THE RONDO CREATURE that has been "developed" by doc that is the ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM that nobody will talk about

that's right, the mercurial star "player" who will not play a consistent offensive role on the team fro night to night, year to year, all for lack of desire of being exposed as a horrible free throw shooter / by way of the mandatory lack of desire to BECOME a competent "good enough" free throw shooter and mid range J hitter- heck even QUINN BUCKER accomplished that in his career.  it's not hard- you only have to nail 5 or 6 out of 10 wide open "prove it to me" jumpers before you 1) get respect 2) new world opens up for beating men off the dribble

so doc has "developed" this still barely 60% FT shooting and very shy-to-shoot the jumper in-his-seventh year now rondo who cannot / will not tap into his full potential because he's more interested in assist stats.  how do you call that "development' of a player.  rondo has never reached his HIGH POINT in FT% of his rook year of 64.1%!!  usually that's a point you take a  youngster aside and say- "kid, this is what's holding you back- you get this number up to 73% or over (73 is LOW LOW LOW for a point guard) and you're going places.

but no.  no "development" of that part of rondo's game.  and the team is held hostage by it every post season.  thanks doc! 

how about doc comes down from on high and "develops" some floor vision in bass?  reboudning ability for his gorgeous "great athlete" status?  anything? bueller?  bass is rebounding worse than he did last year for us and nothing changed- just everyone a year older and we need something out of bass more than decay.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Acie,  what do you really think about Doc?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i think the five year extension is going to end after next year with a huge cash payout for him to go away.

big mistake.  notice how doc was never seen saying "i think avery bradley's almost ready to make some noise in this league".  we just find out what people have when attrition occurs.  but the players know- trust me they know.  bradley did not suddenly invent himself in a crisis scenario- it was likely going on for months in practice- you know where "talent' is "developed" behind closed doors and away from any cameras?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

maybe someone could start a poll to see what the fans on this board think about Doc's tenure?

Could be interesting.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

my recollection is that doc was telling the media and the rest of us that bradley could shoot and would be a 'player' before bradley actually began to deliver.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

my recollection is that doc was telling the media and the rest of us that bradley could shoot and would be a 'player' before bradley actually began to deliver.

[/QUOTE]

better have a link for that...;-)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

bert, though i saw something just the other day regarding this and stand by my comment, no, i cannot produce a link. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I second BP's comment.  I heard both Doc and Danny say that Bradley would be a player.  I heard three things:

He can score

He is the best on-ball defender in the draft

If he didn't get hurt in college, (or maybe if he stayed another year?) he may have been a Top 5 Pick

I have no link, either, don't need one!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i think the five year extension is going to end after next year with a huge cash payout for him to go away.

big mistake.  notice how doc was never seen saying "i think avery bradley's almost ready to make some noise in this league".  we just find out what people have when attrition occurs.  but the players know- trust me they know.  bradley did not suddenly invent himself in a crisis scenario- it was likely going on for months in practice- you know where "talent' is "developed" behind closed doors and away from any cameras?

[/QUOTE]

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4689121/bradley-trying-to-make-most-of-his-shots

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/734951-boston-celtics-to-trade-avery-bradley-for-lottery-pick-in-2011-draft 

When most of us were wondering if the Celtics completely lost their minds..or at least would admit to asking, who is Bradley?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

right on, ortiz. nice catch!

Sections
Shortcuts