Game Thread - Celtics vs. Timberwolves 3.27.11

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Timberwolves 3.27.11

Can we show less 'ugly Celtics game' and more 'hot T'Wolves dancers'?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Timberwolves 3.27.11:
    In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Timberwolves 3.27.11 : at this rate, perhaps u stop over thinking the obvious. worry about winning this tear. do whatever u can. u deal with next year next year. so what if perk just walks. can he help u this year! next year is next year! u sign oden, bring bak jo and nen or whoever is available...
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

We're both in favor of the same thing....you won't hear an argument from me. All I was reacting to is the fact that we couldn't trade Perk after the season...and that's what I thought you were saying in a previous post

If we lost Perk in free agency, didn't have Jeff Green but managed to get Title 18....I'd be happy!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBCoach. Show DBCoach's posts

Last year I was completely disgusted with the C's. I had completely written them off. I won't make the same mistake again and I suggest that y'all do the same. Just gotta have faith guys. I just hope that the C's get their act together before Thursday because if they don't I am sure that I will get a good grilling from these rabid Spurs fans here in S.A..
    Posted by guyfromtex

well you got your years backwards ...  last year they were bored  but had the same team all year..   this year they changed the team 2/3 of he way thru.  changed the team not pick up a player or 2 and they are not as good a team now as they were when the 4 + shaq robinson west daniels and erden davis made up the team imo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Wow, I loved how Delonte stayed in front of Ridnour.  Then he got the o-rebound.   Boy we needed him all season!  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

we lose even if we end up winning this game...they should be ashamed

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

celtics lose this game by three...they should be embarrassed of themselves. no Kevin love and they still lose...Bulls coming outta the east!
    Posted by cfaninla

Man, are you watching some other game?  Celts lead by 5 with 19 seconds!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cfaninla. Show cfaninla's posts

we lose even if we end up winning this game...they should be ashamed
    Posted by allen2034

exactly.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

a win is a win!  I'll take a win any way we can get it these days!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

Posted by Celtsfan4life

The record book may not ask 'how' but I'd be ashamed of this performance!

In fact, I am, but I don't play for the Celtics so that probably means nothing in the grand scheme of things!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Last year I was completely disgusted with the C's. I had completely written them off. I won't make the same mistake again and I suggest that y'all do the same. Just gotta have faith guys. I just hope that the C's get their act together before Thursday because if they don't I am sure that I will get a good grilling from these rabid Spurs fans here in S.A..
    Posted by guyfromtex

That would be great to see the real Celtics finally stand up in San Antonio.  It's still an outside shot that they meet in the finals.  Would be great to send them a message...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

Posted by Celtsfan4life

Me too; this sure was ugly though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cfaninla. Show cfaninla's posts

wow. these guys really p i s s me off.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Timberwolves 3.27.11 : Me too; this sure was ugly though.
    Posted by joyceand

Sure was... Your cat, on the other hand is adorable!  :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

Up by 25 - Win by 3 - this is our hometown team now.....get used to it

Remember the Celtics before KG and Ray Allen???   We're getting close to seeing that again!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

The TWolves deserved to win this game, and the Celtics deserved to lose it. This will show up as a "W" , but in my mind its a loss. It does NOTHING to give anyone confidence. You cannot show up for 12 minutes against anything but a terrible team like the Wolves and expect to win the game.
    The Bruins game was much more competitive. They won 2-1 against the first place Flyers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Wow, I loved how Delonte stayed in front of Ridnour.  Then he got the o-rebound.   Boy we needed him all season!  
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

I thought he did well too... probably one of the best on his team in the hustle department today.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

o yep.. i knew it! we are better than the wolves.. we are not the worse team in basketball right now!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

when the record book counts it they do not give style points. Good thing about tonight it not just Rondo its a team effort win loose or draw. Lets see how we do thrursday thats the game I will use as a measuring stick

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

We won, and that's it, good night. Thanks for the fun conversation during the game. Makes it easier to watch/take. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I understand why you are ashamed dino.  but, I'm happy for a win.   I actually try to figure out what going on.  So many folks criticized Doc for the starters playing too much so i watched very closely to see what happened tonight.  Well, the starters came out with fire and when the subs started coming in, the team lost the fire and the starters never got it back.

Ray disappeared after the first quarter and BBD thought he was the man.  Pierce did not shoot well, either.

Overall, I think the lack of production by the bench and the fact that we became a jump shooting team with shots not falling caused this to be tight game.

Wasn't pretty, but hopefully Doc is doing the same thing - trying to figure out what's wrong more than just being disgusted.

Good night, gang.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

We won, and that's it, good night. Thanks for the fun conversation during the game. Makes it easier to watch/take. 
    Posted by proftom

Made it much easier for me too!  See y'all next time!  :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

I understand why you are ashamed dino.  but, I'm happy for a win.   I actually try to figure out what going on.  So many folks criticized Doc for the starters playing too much so i watched very closely to see what happened tonight.  Well, the starters came out with fire and when the subs started coming in, the team lost the fire and the starters never got it back. Ray disappeared after the first quarter and BBD thought he was the man.  Pierce did not shoot well, either. Overall, I think the lack of production by the bench and the fact that we became a jump shooting team with shots not falling caused this to be tight game. Wasn't pretty, but hopefully Doc is doing the same thing - trying to figure out what's wrong more than just being disgusted. Good night, gang.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Good night to you too Celts!  Thank you for your intelligent, positive insights - giving us ALL some much needed perspective in this long season!  :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from santafesino. Show santafesino's posts

no rebound, no block, no dunk, 40% FG, 26% 3P. we need for the next season 2 PF and 2 C. I Think Ubuntu is over since perkins's trade.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Can we show less 'ugly Celtics game' and more 'hot T'Wolves dancers'?
    Posted by dino1980
    thats what ugly teams do, they pak them in with the dancers or talk about how the players are active in the community at half time as the wolves did tonite. oh well.... as a fan, i must pray and hope its like last year and something will wake these guys up to play hard for 48 minutes. wolves are kids so we got a break. also rondo being hurt was a break. sorry rr apologists, but we LOSE if we dont have west. no way rr gets that rebound west got. he used to be able to do so before but right now rondo would cost us games like these! way to show up delonte! can deal with being outplayed not outhustled and outhearted!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

We all know that the C's have been struggling so is it really a surprise that they squeek by Minnesota? I just want Boston to gain momentum before the playoffs. I don't mind if they start off with a slow pace so long as they are sprinting to the finish line at the end. Somebody mentioned how the makeup of the team was changed late in the season. Because of that you have to expect for the team to stumble while they learn to play with each other. I don't want to say that I am optimistic but I am patient enough to give the Celtics a chance to get their act together. They are being challenged right now, not so much by other teams but by themselves. They have to man up, plain and simple...

Sections
Shortcuts