Game Thread: Celtics vs Warriors

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Warriors

Our Celtics are just a bad team right now.  We don't have the talent to compete with the top tier and even second tier teams with this roster.  so its no surprise that we get blown out by SD and GS.

We'll just continue to struggle at sub .500 until the big trade is made on or before Jan 15.  Then the team will need time to incorporate the 2 new players (and Bradley) and see if we can make a run for the playoffs.  If we get a good center and good SG, we'll be deep enough to compete again.

Just have to wait this painful period out and see who we get... 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

THANKS DANNY...

THE DR. IS IN THE HOUSE!!!!!

Dr_Hollywood

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

We are not at full strength but one thing is clear Pierce and Garnett cannot carry the team on nights like this.  We seem to have dropped down to the middle of the league now. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

If this were baseball, CPP's hard line drive shots would be a double every time. But in hoops they are just hard clanks.  In other news, Milwaukee blows out Miami. Ray Allen 1/6 shooting. It's probably not on Ray, just like it's not on any single Celtic. Just there are a lot of good, young, hungry teams out there (Clips, Bucks, Warriors - come out to play, among others). With apologies to the Cohen brothers, looks like the NBA is No League for Old Men.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to TheNewGKDynasty's comment:

THANKS DANNY...

THE DR. IS IN THE HOUSE!!!!!

Dr_Hollywood

Nobody cares

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

concord, I agree with you but I'm focusing on Green because he is the most athletic and talented Celtics player on the court.  I agree that this team is not good but I'm thinking the expectations for our "leaders", or better put, high-paid players, are not panning out.

But I think we're getting from Pierce and KG what we could expect through the season.  I think we're getting from Rondo what we expected.

We're not getting that from Green.  And all you have to do is look at that sequence that I mentioned.  He's just not mentally tough enough to be the player the Celtics need him to be.  And I'm done blaming his performance on last year's surgery.  It's time we quit using that as an excuse for Green.

Pierce and KG are mentally tough but they are just too old.  Again, I'm talking about the players we NEED to step up to be successful this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

We are not at full strength but one thing is clear Pierce and Garnett cannot carry the team on nights like this.  We seem to have dropped down to the middle of the league now. 

they shouldnt have to. still have green, jet courtney, sully to fill in when needed. and thats the problem. they're not.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:

I am going to say it and I'm not sure I mean it.

Jeff Green is not a fit on this team and he never will.  Defensively he is not the smartest and offensively, he is just too passive.  He does not attack in any facet of the game.  He is the most athletic player on the floor and he is reluctant to take advantage of his opponent.

I have demanded more playing time for him so we can see what we have.  Honestly, what is more playing time going to do if he fails to take advantage of the time when he is on the court (which he clearly isn't).

It is much more than Green, Petey.

concord, what are you talking about?  I am watching the game and I'm well aware that this ONE GAME'S performance is not all on Jeff Green.  Stay with me, I'm simply making an observation about his play and his reluctance to attack when he has a mismatch with Curry defending him.

I'm in no way calling this horrible performance Green's fault.  You can see other posts where I state that we're getting nothing from Pierce or KG.

Follow me please and I'll continue with my disappointment in Green's play and mentality.

I can't wait until January 15 because he's got to be the first player out the door.  It's not working.

When Pierce is struggling, Green should be the first guy  to take over...just not his mentality im afraid..I too very frustrated with his slow development...He plays like a rookie at times..

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

man i love green...but he has to take it to the basket...and pierce has to pass the ball..can't always shoot the ball..i see people open when he force his shot.this team is just not playing together..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I am so happy I did not go to this game with some fellow Celtic & Warrior fans tonight. Just got off the phone & was told that in so many years past practically half the crowd rooted for Boston( was the same at Sox-As   game but that has changed too) as Celtic fan presence is minor. Of course, the Warriors are VG this year and fill up always these days. KG & PP look tired and old. I won't bash Allen anymore as if he stayed, we'd had 3 old guys and no better record. At least he has a chance for another ring. But we do have 3 old guys because Terry is now the 3rd. We have no inside presence. We have a bunch of average forwards, Green, Lee, Bass(playing OK tonight) etc.  David Lee at 6 ft 9 is better than any of our forwards and is driving to the basket at will. The only bright spot is Sullinger playing in the post similar to Big Baby whom I miss. Problem is neither one is a 6 ft 11  or 7 footer so could complete with Howard, Bynum, Gasol etc.  Curry & Lee are better than anyone we have and I would even swap Rondo for Curry even up if they would  be foolish enough to do it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

A good solid shooter would open lanes for our bigs to operate..Lee and Terry are not consistant shooters..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

What's wrong with Rondo?? Trade??

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yersole. Show yersole's posts

ok can terry just sit down now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

concord, I agree with you but I'm focusing on Green because he is the most athletic and talented Celtics player on the court.  I agree that this team is not good but I'm thinking the expectations for our "leaders", or better put, high-paid players, are not panning out.

But I think we're getting from Pierce and KG what we could expect through the season.  I think we're getting from Rondo what we expected.

We're not getting that from Green.  And all you have to do is look at that sequence that I mentioned.  He's just not mentally tough enough to be the player the Celtics need him to be.  And I'm done blaming his performance on last year's surgery.  It's time we quit using that as an excuse for Green.

Pierce and KG are mentally tough but they are just too old.  Again, I'm talking about the players we NEED to step up to be successful this year.

Petey,

I agree about Green and I have still have high hopes.  Against the Clippers I saw Green make three drives to the basket blowing by Griffin and the rest of the frontline like James Worthy.  He is  so talented I am awed by what he can do.  Like you said if he can't bring it when we need it is no good to us.  He needs as you also said over thirty minutes a game for the whole month and then we can see the patterns that lead to his passiveness. Running plays for him with Rondo would make a lot of sense.  This kid is lightning in a bottle if he can ever get it together.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

hurt his hip....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from yersole. Show yersole's posts

bruised hip

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to yersole's comment:

bruised hip

A hip he could be out a few games. Great.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from yersole. Show yersole's posts

David Lee just took Green all the way to the hoop...smh

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Green will continue to improve and will be a key contributor.  Terry, on the otherhand...should just retire.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Why is Pierce screaming at a professional jump shooter like Thompson?  Why not just go rotate to him.

By the way, Harrison Barnes is embarrassing Pierce tonight. I really thought Pierce would come out and teach the rookie a lesson but it's been the exact opposite.

I have a feeling that we're going to see alot of Kris Joseph and the new kid, Vanado tonight.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

A good solid shooter would open lanes for our bigs to operate..Lee and Terry are not consistant shooters..

They miss Ray big time (and I'm guessing Ray is starting to miss the Celts right around now). With Ray having an OK game this would be a 10 point game; many of those shots Paul is clanking would be Ray's and they might be good. So, to your point; yes, they need a gunner with height. The Celts are a small team at every position.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from yersole. Show yersole's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Green will continue to improve and will be a key contributor.  Terry, on the otherhand...should just retire.

I am not so sure about that. I used to.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

OT.  but Curry is a legit 5 hdcp in golf.  

Sections
Shortcuts