Game Thread - Celtics vs. Wizards. 04.11.11

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Game Thread - Celtics vs. Wizards. 04.11.11

Kind of a meaningless game.  At least I hope they treat it that way.  We're set to finish a whole seed higher than we did last year - wooohoooo!!! - and if you can't see the sarcasm in that you need to get a good beer, or whatever it is that gets your through awful games like today.

I'm probably not going to be back till shortly before the gam... so here's the thread.  In the spirit of moving on.

Rest our starters, don't let anyone get hurt.  That's all I care about this week.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Wizards. 04.11.11

Living in the Washington, DC area, I'm kind of disappointed that I'll be in the Lexus Executive Suites at the Verizon Center tomorrow night for the game.  Yes, I'm going to the game and I will be cheering for whomever is suited up.  But I can honestly say today's loss has really taken much of the excitement out of tomorrow's game.

I said it on another thread but I would not be surprised if we lost tomorrow night too.

It's amazing how a 55-25 record seems like we're coming to the conclusion of a "failed" regular season.  I just don't have that optimistic feeling going into the playoffs like I had last year.  It's just NOT the same.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

It feels like failure because we were so determined NOT to repeat last year - to just get that #1 seed wrapped up early and then rest our guys before playing the #8 seed.  The fact that we were deliberate about not repeating last year and now here we ARE repeating it... that's what hurts.

I never bought the media's talk about windows and old age.  I was expecting 60 wins from our Celtics because I was expecting them to prove all those know-it-alls wrong.  They still have a chance in the playoffs but it's depressing to be in that position AGAIN.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Wizards. 04.11.11:
    Actually the Heat could lose one of the next two games.
    Posted by Kirk6

That's true.  Hard to imagine right now but true.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Just bumping this thread up to the 1st page.  Let's see how we bounce back...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

Lets play the bench please so they can gel and let the starters regroup and find themselves

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

I agree completely.  I hope they do.  Starters need the rest, especially Ray.  Who knows, maybe the bench will gel enough to win this on their own!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

we got nutting to lose now and whatever happened to Von Wafer.  He was coming to his own and can take it to the basket.  He is better than sasha i think right now

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Oh, I fully agree and he KNOWS OUR SYSTEM through and through.  We need players who know our system in light of all the personnel changes.  I don't understand at all why he's so under-utilized.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Just bumping this thread up so that you all know it's here. I'm still not sure what to expect or want from this game.  But it will be played..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Wizards. 04.11.11:
    I agree completely.  I hope they do.  Starters need the rest, especially Ray.  Who knows, maybe the bench will gel enough to win this on their own!
    Posted by MsLithium21

I agree. The Spurs sit their "Big Three" to allow them to recover why can't Boston. However, I don't see Doc doing this. He'll probably give them all 40+ minutes each! RickFox mentioned Wafer. I felt that he was doing very well. I can't figure out why he hasn't been playing. I guess Doc shortened the rotation and decided that Wafer was not going to be part of it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

I wholeheartedly agree to let the starters sit for the last 2 games. I don't think the Celtics will do any better than the 3rd seed. Unless Miami loses 1 of it's last 2 remeining games and the Celtics win both. Historically the Celtics have been bad on the back end of back to backs and play to the level of competition. The Wizarss have got something to prove.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

let the starters rest and let's start

DWest
    Wafer
    JG
    Murph
    Kristic

bench
    BBD
    Sasha
    Bradley
    OneaL
    Arroyo

what u guys think  but I may start JO and bench Kristic

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbrann. Show mbrann's posts

Would be great to rest the starters...BUT...we can still finish with a better record than the Lakers. Doesn't that mean we should try to win out the last 2?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

we can't pack it in at this point. get momentum and correct mistakes on the court. now, playing the starts 30 mins or less would be perfect, keep ray and kg around 25. We can't just give up on home court against the lakers, mavs or thunder

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

It IS a really tough call.  With our luck the Lakers will tank if we rest our starters and they'll revive if we play them!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

frankly, if we lose to washington tonight after the butt-kicking we took last night, then we've got no pride left in the tank. the team should be fired up to come out and get back to winning. plus, i think these last 2 games could end up mattering.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Interesting decision - looks like Pierce will play but the rest of the Big 4 will sit.  At least West as PG is a legitimate defender on Wall.  I'm torn, there are no good answers now.  But I'll say this:  I can handle a loss with our bench - especially to the Wizards - much better than with the starters.  I think it would be less damaging to the Celtics' psyche and at least 3 of their best guys get some rest.  Especially Ray... he's overdue!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Doc jt s hes gonna sii alot of players these lt 2 games

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

It be a good even a loss if the team is competitive tonight. I love to see good game out this group

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

That's what it looks like.  Here are tonight's starters:  West, Wafer, Jermaine O'Neal, Davis and Green, with Pierce available off the bench.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I dont like Green at the 4  let him come off the bench at his natural position

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

I made a mistake, which you can't see now because I edited it!  It's Baby, not Pierce starting at the other forward, so Green is playing at his natural position.  Smile

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Good idea by Rivers

Sections
Shortcuts