Game Thread - Celtics vs. Wizards. 04.11.11

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac1980. Show mac1980's posts

Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Wizards. 04.11.11

that's right...i wasnt trying to argue with you on the +/- thing...just that tonight if you look at the box score Baby, JO, Green, Wafer have huge + numbers...  Bradley, Murphy, Krstic, Pavlovic have super high - numbers.  So that unit really really must've suucked right?  Im not trying to lay ALL of it on Bradley but the 6 minutes he was on the floor had to have been the worst 6 minutes of the game and the reason we're in overtime.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac1980. Show mac1980's posts

i hope you're all kidding about JO...this season is turning into a nightmare

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Wizards. 04.11.11:
    [QUOTE]that's right...i wasnt trying to argue with you on the +/- thing...just that tonight if you look at the box score Baby, JO, Green, Wafer have huge + numbers...  Bradley, Murphy, Krstic, Pavlovic have super high - numbers.  So that unit really really must've suucked right?  Im not trying to lay ALL of it on Bradley but the 6 minutes he was on the floor had to have been the worst 6 minutes of the game and the reason we're in overtime.
    Posted by mac1980[/QUOTE]

Its an easy stat to misrepresent because Jeffers has a +20 on the Wizards side in 21 minutes.  If you read that stat, you might think the Wizards were killing us!

That stat has more to do with the other players on the floor with you.  The individual match up stats are a better indication.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

He's in the game so I think he's OK...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

[QUOTE]Oh no, looks like JO might be hurt, or a tweak
    Posted by proftom[/QUOTE]

Correction, JO is just really tired.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

No... no.... no... nooo........

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Poor Wafer finally gets a chance and messes up big time to send us into OT

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

J/O played real well tonight he is gassed

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

Well that figures!    At least they're consistent.....consistently bad!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

God we $uck.  If this were pre-08 I'd say it was still the Curse of Bias.  We just can't get one flippin break all year.  Dammmmit.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Green-Islander. Show Green-Islander's posts

id rather we win of course but imo it aint such a bad loss. the bench did a good job tonight

i wonder if doc's gunna play the big 4 against NY..

go C's!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

i want arroyo traded and wafer cut right now! this is the most devastating loss of the year or as walton would say.. the worse loss in the HISTORY of the boston celtics organization!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

They just said more rest on Wed,  The game means nothing now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

"How much does plus/minus mean? Von Wafer was a plus-21 tonight but single-handedly lost the game for Boston " - Gary Washburn

hahaha

only funny because we just had that discussion.  maybe he's getting his stuff from us!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]i want arroyo traded and wafer cut right now! this is the most devastating loss of the year or as walton would say.. the worse loss in the HISTORY of the boston celtics organization!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

The way this season's going, we may not recognize this team next year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Our 2nd unit really could have used the confidence a win would have given them. At least they got some extended playing time together. Maybe that will help them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]They just said more rest on Wed,  The game means nothing now.
    Posted by genaro008[/QUOTE]

Yeah, may as well not show NY any of our "great plays." 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]"How much does plus/minus mean? Von Wafer was a plus-21 tonight but single-handedly lost the game for Boston " - Gary Washburn hahaha only funny because we just had that discussion.  maybe he's getting his stuff from us!
    Posted by dino1980[/QUOTE]

Perhaps washburn would have prefered bradley be in the game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]Our 2nd unit really could have used the confidence a win would have given them. At least they got some extended playing time together. Maybe that will help them.
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

I know, like we didn't need any more shots to our confidence.  Yes, and they got clutch experience too.  Next time any one of them is in a clutch situation for whatever reason, he'll do better, I guarantee it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Wizards. 04.11.11 : Perhaps washburn would have prefered bradley be in the game.
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

For the record, one guy never loses it for you in a team game!  You could look at anyone and say they could have been the difference in a close game!

What if Baby took better, high percentage shots??

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Wizards. 04.11.11 : For the record, one guy never loses it for you in a team game!  You could look at anyone and say they could have been the difference in a close game! What if Baby took better, high percentage shots??
    Posted by dino1980[/QUOTE]

It's true.  No one person is ever at fault for a loss.  We just can't buy a win to save our lives.  I thought the bench played admirably and just feel really badly for them right now.  This is just not our year (feels that way now at least) which $ucks because after last year's heartbreak, we deserved for this to be our year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Wizards. 04.11.11 : It's true.  No one person is ever at fault for a loss.  We just can't buy a win to save our lives.  I thought the bench played admirably and just feel really badly for them right now.  This is just not our year (feels that way now at least) which $ucks because after last year's heartbreak, we deserved for this to be our year.
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]

I was reacting to what Washburn said about the +/- stat, not the Wafer part!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

just saw the last few minutes and a bit of OT.  Looked like Wafer really blew it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Dino, I think you're a little hard on Green.  Just my opinion.  Our team has been screwed all year with injuries.  No other team has been hit so hard.  That's why I can't blame anyone.  I understand your frustrations with Green and Ainge, but it's like this team was cursed sometime at the beginning of this year.  I have never seen anything like it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AaronWE. Show AaronWE's posts

Wafer sucks, always has sucked and will continue to suck.  But I bet that the son of a gun don't care but to cash his check.  Goes to show you that it why he had played for like 12 teams.  He is a selfish and locker room cancer. 

Sections
Shortcuts