Game Thread: Celtics vs Wizards

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Wizards

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Wizards:
    [QUOTE]You know, I just cannot understand why Rondo is reluctant to shoot the basketball.  Doesn't Doc want him to shoot?  I'm watching the Wizards broadcast and Buckhanz and Chenier keep saying how all Rondo looks to do is pass.  I'd really like to see him shoot the ball. This is the kind of game that Rondo can really work in his all-around game.  He should be working on hitting some mid-range shots.  Seems the only time he wants to shoot is half court end-of-period heaves.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

some players look to and enjoy setting their teammates up more than others..When i coach my kids, i tell them "im not looking at how many points you can score." i value good assists just as much as i do points, i think Doc is similar. i just think Rondo feels like if hes getting another player an easy two points, its just as good as him taking it himself. it doesnt really matter who gets the points for u as long as you get them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Even if its not AB who starts, we have seen how the team looks with pietrus as a starter..more energetic team, better starts...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

This is a game that should afford minutes to JJJ and Moore as well as Hollins.

We should focus on playing 48 solid minutes with whoever is on the court.  I'd much rather see Rondo work on hitting some mid-range jump shots than getting 20 assists.  Then again, it'd be nice if he only played 30 minutes in this one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I'm back in front of the game but missed the first quarter.  Wow - the Wizards must stink (2nd night of a back to back, missing Nene, and not that good in the first place)!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Even if its not AB who starts, we have seen how the team looks with pietrus as a starter..more energetic team, better starts...
    Posted by cabutan[/QUOTE]

True.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

what a drive and dish by AB!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Yes, jjj hollins and moore...not a bad time to see some mins.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]This is a game that should afford minutes to JJJ and Moore as well as Hollins. We should focus on playing 48 solid minutes with whoever is on the court.  I'd much rather see Rondo work on hitting some mid-range jump shots than getting 20 assists.  Then again, it'd be nice if he only played 30 minutes in this one.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

I'd certainly give them a chance to get out of the doghouse before playing Marquis!

I read the other day where Doc was high on JJJ and Moore but commented that they really struggled on D (and I think he said, especially Moore).  Its clear he's giving them the "do it my way or sit" treatment.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Wizards : I'd certainly give them a chance to get out of the doghouse before playing Marquis! I read the other day where Doc was high on JJJ and Moore but commented that they really struggled on D (and I think he said, especially Moore).  Its clear he's giving them the "do it my way or sit" treatment.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Funny cuz is not like dooling does a great job defensively...doc!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Wizards : You're going to bet that he's not going to pass a lot and try to get as many assists as he can?  Hmmm.   I didn't say he'll break some record, just that he will look to pass all night.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

No, I meant I concur. I expressed myself inadequate, sorry for that.
    Everyone (except the Captain so far) is playing well but do the Wizards know the word Defense? They're even outdoing the Warriors right now. But I'll take it,
    I still believe we can claim the Atlantic.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

they are posting up steamsma with some success

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Steamer has the spirit of RA today

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

I like this line up Steamer, Pierce Rondo, Bass, Bradley

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Bradley and Rondo in the game at once is putting pressure on the other team big time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Now Rondo's being sloppy!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

young legs..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Granted this is the wizards but steamer looks great in the court...doing a bit of everything

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Just as amazing as Bradley's play is Stiemsma who's about to reach a double-double. I misjudged him, he can play offense.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

They were trying to set a play for hollins to break the ice

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

why can't AB play shooting guard on a regular basis?  this is just a taste of the options they will have with AB able to run plays here and there with Rondo off the ball.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]Just as amazing as Bradley's play is Stiemsma who's about to reach a double-double. I misjudged him, he can play offense.
    Posted by srinivasa[/QUOTE]

Both, along with Bass, are positives beyond what anyone expected this year.  and to think, Bradley hasn't even had a summer league or a training camp yet in his professional career.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from smdecat. Show smdecat's posts

Why must the ball be in Pierce's hands EVERYTIME in an iso to close quarters, halfs..games. It drives me nuts.  Granted I love PP, and has a history of clutch plays, but really can we get more creative??  I mean Rondo has a lot of shortcomings but honestly he is more creative than PP..I mean give someone else a shot!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Same ol, same ol....Wash Off Rebs 11...Boston 0 !!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Why must the ball be in Pierce's hands EVERYTIME in an iso to close quarters, halfs..games. It drives me nuts.  Granted I love PP, and has a history of clutch plays, but really can we get more creative??  I mean Rondo has a lot of shortcomings but honestly he is more creative than PP..I mean give someone else a shot!
    Posted by smdecat[/QUOTE]

Well said.  

Wow, we've gotten laxed, again.  Just terrible offense since the half started.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

It's amazing how this team just stops playing basketball when up big.  I can see letting off the gas somewhat but we park the car.  We stop it and turn off the ignition.

Sections
Shortcuts