Game Thread: Game 1 vs Knicks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

Re: Game Thread: Game 1 vs Knicks

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Game 1 vs Knicks:
    In Response to Re: Game Thread: Game 1 vs Knicks : No problem, elvis.  Don't give it a second thought.   And I dont think that faith is exclusively the domain of religion, especially since I consider myself to be an agnostic at best.
    Posted by joel49

well, that was a miraculous ending, a god-send....lol...it really was big for us, and a brutal loss for NY...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Knicks have nothing to be ashamed of they earned my respect tonight. Hope Billups is ok. I think this is big for us and could be demoralizing for them

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Knicks played well and surprisingly, defended pretty well.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Ray Allen the best closer in the game!!! better than 60% with less than 24 seconds left.

This was the worst game KG has ever played against Stotelmire. He usually wins the battle, but not today.

Tuesday should be better.

JO was great. It is nice to see him back.

The first half seemed to be play-off jitters. The whole team tightened the clamps in the second half.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xamo18. Show xamo18's posts

Nice win! but the bench has to step up bigtime....

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

I am glad we won but it was a tough win.  we need to attack the basket cause the Knicks dont play defense.  Rondo needs to play more like he did in the second half.  He nees to be break the Kicks defense down more cause thats is his game. I dont have faith in his jumper and neihter doe the Knicks but he can mix up his game . J Green needs to play more and sit baby more please. Baby lloks like he put on more weight cause I see less lift from him these days.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Green should have gotten more of the minutes allocated to Davis ... Davis went 1 for 8 and Green 2 for 4. I could understand that if Davis were playing in the low post but he was taking o/s jumpers all night ... What the ... ?
    Posted by Mployee8

At least 3 of Davis' shots were last second shotclock bombs that were not his fault.  I would have liked to see Davis score more.  He had about three wide open shots that he should have hit.

However, he was CRUCIAL when he came in the first quarter and he held amare softemire in check.  he did a really good job in that regard.  i'll take the game he played with no complaints, he was solid. 

i don't think you'll see him miss those open shots like that again. 

what we needed more of was jeff green trying to wear out carmelo's six fouls IN THE POST!  carmelo got his second foul and we didn't even try to post green the next time down the floor and then green got yanked and pierce came back!  STUPID!  doc should be able to control this team to dial in a post up play for green and at least try once to get the 3rd early foul on carmelo.  we got away with it but what a huge waste to not try to get a scorer like crumelo in deep foul trubbel!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Are you really going to complain about Doc after last night?

Wow!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Wow!

The play-offs made the Celtics born-again rebounders!

Game two should have better offense and defense by the Cs. The jitters will be gone.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Nice win! but the bench has to step up bigtime....
    Posted by xamo18

I definitely agree with you.  This game was very close and the bench certainly didn't help us last night.  They have to improve for the Celtics to continue to keep winning games.   It was a very lucky win for the Celtics and the game shouldn't have been this close. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Are you really going to complain about Doc after last night? Wow!
    Posted by MinnesotaCelticsFan

my only complaint was green was in the game when carmelo got his second foul.  next trip down the floor, why not go into green in the post v. carmelo and go for the jugular with foul trouble.  carmelo was only too eager to oblige last night, played like a moron.

instead, they run some ineffective play and green gets pulled for pierce who is 2 inches smaller than melo and has trouble posting him.

back in the old days, you didn't see gaffes like that.  if someone had 2 early and stayed in, you tried at least twice to get the 3rd and get them in big trouble. 

we need all the help we can get, at the same time we need the most out of the bench.  major wasted opportunity on both accounts that we got away with this time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics2008Champs. Show Celtics2008Champs's posts

It really was a great ending, but I hope we can win by 8 or more on Tuesday! I'm just glad we won!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Green should have gotten more of the minutes allocated to Davis ... Davis went 1 for 8 and Green 2 for 4. I could understand that if Davis were playing in the low post but he was taking o/s jumpers all night ... What the ... ?
    Posted by Mployee8

You are not going to see that this series. That would mean, Green would be defending Amare. Not going to happen.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Game 1 vs Knicks : my only complaint was green was in the game when carmelo got his second foul.  next trip down the floor, why not go into green in the post v. carmelo and go for the jugular with foul trouble.  carmelo was only too eager to oblige last night, played like a moron. instead, they run some ineffective play and green gets pulled for pierce who is 2 inches smaller than melo and has trouble posting him. back in the old days, you didn't see gaffes like that.  if someone had 2 early and stayed in, you tried at least twice to get the 3rd and get them in big trouble.  we need all the help we can get, at the same time we need the most out of the bench.  major wasted opportunity on both accounts that we got away with this time.
    Posted by aciemvp

Are you really arguing that Green should have stayed in instead of Pierce because Green is 2 inches taller?   Pierce is the better and smarter defender.  It showed in the last quarter where Carmelo did essentially nothing.  I wonder if you took a poll, how many people would say it was a gaffe to pull Green and insert Pierce?   I suspect you'll be alone in that opinion.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Game 1 vs Knicks : my only complaint was green was in the game when carmelo got his second foul.  next trip down the floor, why not go into green in the post v. carmelo and go for the jugular with foul trouble.  carmelo was only too eager to oblige last night, played like a moron. instead, they run some ineffective play and green gets pulled for pierce who is 2 inches smaller than melo and has trouble posting him. back in the old days, you didn't see gaffes like that.  if someone had 2 early and stayed in, you tried at least twice to get the 3rd and get them in big trouble.  we need all the help we can get, at the same time we need the most out of the bench.  major wasted opportunity on both accounts that we got away with this time.
    Posted by aciemvp

Green was not in the game when Melo got his second foul.  He got his second foul at the start of the game and Green was sitting on the bench.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts