Game Thread: Game 2 vs Knicks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Re: Game Thread: Game 2 vs Knicks

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Game 2 vs Knicks:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Game 2 vs Knicks : ditto
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]
    ditto ditto

Also, nice to see Spike Lee dissapointed...it's like desert.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

not happy with the win at all...Doc made the right call but all along made really bad decisions.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Give New York credit they played with a ton of heart. Our bench has to play better .Has to or we will not get past the second round.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

[QUOTE]not happy with the win at all...Doc made the right call but all along made really bad decisions.
    Posted by cabutan[/QUOTE]

I think you need to take a Delonte pill; WE WON!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]doc rivers completely screwed the pooch on this one. this is on him 100%.
    Posted by kaktug[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more. Great strategy to go to KG on the game-winner and inbounds to the backcourt to run out the clock. This one is for sure on Doc.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Whats the story with JON... any word?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Hats off to KG ... Once he got that dunk it was like a weight was lifted from his shoulders ... He really FINISHED when it counted!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]How we gonna compete with  Lakers down low when Knicks owning us w/o Amare in the paint?? This is ridiculous

Same way New Orleans did it man... you paying attention?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Doc was great. KG the man on the last couple possesions. Knicks get the Tommy Award. Finaly, the only reason it was close was cause of the board problems (those pesky 2nd chancers).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Much agreed... It was frustrating and nerve-wracking to watch the Knicks get all those offensive boards.  Hopefully we improve preventing those when we get to NY!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

That was a crazy game.  You know you are good if you see us with the hard double team off the catch.  Now this guy Melo aint gonna win too many defensive awards but he is a Problem on the offensive end and 17 boards!  He is a load, and he was playing with a bunch of guys playing loose, cuz I believe they know billups is done...but it was a great finish, but I would have rather closed it out game earlier, we should have pushed it to 17 and they would have folded. 

I think the starters will come to play in MSG, I cant say the same for the bench,, lets hope they respond on the road.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Game 2 vs Knicks : I think you need to take a Delonte pill; WE WON!
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

Nice one!  Wink

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]not happy with the win at all...Doc made the right call but all along made really bad decisions.
    Posted by cabutan[/QUOTE]

Couldn't disagree more.  All the Monday morning quarterbacks who would think some other combinations will work all are wrong.  Good example.....everybody clamouring for Green to play more and all he did was get 5 fouls in 11 minutes + hit what, 2 shots?   Its always easy to suggest that someone else would have done better but generally, your best players are going to play best and I agree with Doc - go with the horses that got you here!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]That was a crazy game.  You know you are good if you see us with the hard double team off the catch.  Now this guy Melo aint gonna win too many defensive awards but he is a Problem on the offensive end and 17 boards!  He is a load, and he was playing with a bunch of guys playing loose, cuz I believe they know billups is done...but it was a great finish, but I would have rather closed it out game earlier, we should have pushed it to 17 and they would have folded.  I think the starters will come to play in MSG, I cant say the same for the bench,, lets hope they respond on the road.
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Yes, Jay.  If our starters get any help, we'll win big but our bench is giving us nothing.  BBD and Green are especially doing terribly.  West is doing ok, but not great.   I understand West - he's hurt.   Clearly, Krstic is now in Doc's doghouse and Doc has NO faith in him due to his horrid defense.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Green took a charge that was called a foul, 2 of his fouls were ticky tack, on one of his layups he was fouled and it was not called

Don't blame Green, he made a big 3, solid D on melo and a flying rebound layup... maybe he makes 2-3 more huge plays if the refs allowed him to play

shameful AWFUL pathetic game by the zebras tonight. Crawford and Salvatore are utter P's O' S

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I don't like all the calls by the refs, but in general, we can't blame the refs.  Jeff's fouls were out front in front of everyone and there's just no way he should be bumping Carmelo on a drive outside the 3 point line.  That's just dumb.  Stay in front of him but don't chest bump him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Doc says JO 'wasn't limited' and he liked Baby to 'stretch the floor' but wasn't sure he made the right call and seemed to almost admit he made the wrong call in keeping JO on the bench

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]I don't like all the calls by the refs, but in general, we can't blame the refs.  Jeff's fouls were out front in front of everyone and there's just no way he should be bumping Carmelo on a drive outside the 3 point line.  That's just dumb.  Stay in front of him but don't chest bump him.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

it is still ticky tack in my book... and shameful when Pierce and Rondo get hit worse several times with no calls

Ugh

Ray and Pierce had bizarre shocking awful fouls called on them standing under the rim and not even touching NYK players

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I hope J/O is Ok because he needed to be out there. We are such a differnt team when J/O defends in the paint. He kept them from scoring when he is in there he may have had only one block but several deflections and made people think.Our bench needs to improve this should have been a blow out.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]Doc says JO 'wasn't limited' and he liked Baby to 'stretch the floor' but wasn't sure he made the right call and seemed to almost admit he made the wrong call in keeping JO on the bench
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Wonder if he'd say that if we lost.

I didnt think we needed BBD to stretch the floor... I thought we needed rebounding and a defensive presence in the paint.

Well, we won so... 

Thought it was effective for DOc to have BBD double team Melo when he got the ball down the stretch... he didnt do the damage  in the final minutes.. Doc made someone else on the Knicks try to beat us..  they almost did

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

[QUOTE]I don't like all the calls by the refs, but in general, we can't blame the refs.  Jeff's fouls were out front in front of everyone and there's just no way he should be bumping Carmelo on a drive outside the 3 point line.  That's just dumb.  Stay in front of him but don't chest bump him.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

In general, I'd agree...except Joey Crawford has a serious anti-Boston bias and has for years!   Its the reason a few people, myself included, knew this would be a tough game from the refs at the very start!

We could complain about the refs but that was New York's role after the first game.  We won, Joey won't have the next game, so we should be all good!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

He may have have been saying I was wrong or he may have been saying it to keep JON's spirits up.  In either case, I was thinking we should make the smaller Knicks play US on our terms.  But, I suspect that Doc didn't feel JON could give us any offense or speed?   he could have played Jeffries and been fine.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

The C's will not "win big" until they correct the board problems. The problem is simple to see, the solution may not be that simple. The team D was very good, the offensive execution was good, the rebounding was oh so bad.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Game 2 vs Knicks : Wonder if he'd say that if we lost. I didnt think we needed BBD to stretch the floor... I thought we needed rebounding and a defensive presence in the paint. Well, we won so...  Thought it was effective for DOc to have BBD double team Melo when he got the ball down the stretch... he didnt do the damage  in the final minutes.. Doc made someone else on the Knicks try to beat us..  they almost did

Yes, I agree with the rebounding and defense presence in the paint.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Game 2 vs Knicks : In general, I'd agree...except Joey Crawford has a serious anti-Boston bias and has for years!   Its the reason a few people, myself included, knew this would be a tough game from the refs at the very start! We could complain about the refs but that was New York's role after the first game.  We won, Joey won't have the next game, so we should be all good!!
    Posted by dino1980[/QUOTE]

Smile.....maybe you're right.  but, we gotta overcome those challenges if we are going to battle for a championship.   C's still have a lot to do to improve.  I really wish jeff Green was giving us more.  He is the key to the bench in my opinion.  He has to play D, rebound, and get to the basket.  He's just too hesitant.  I am a huge jeff Green fan but I've seen this when he was at G'town.....just not always aggressive.  he's smart, quick, athletic, but does not have that "I'm the man" attitude which Rondo, Ray, Paul have.  Carmelo, Kobe, Rose, Dirk, and those type players all have it.  Jeff can't get to the level of Pierce until he gets more "I can do it" attitude AND ability to execute on it.