Game Thread - Heat @ Celtics - Sunday Showcase

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: Game Thread - Heat @ Celtics - Sunday Showcase

In Response to Re: Game Thread - Heat @ Celtics - Sunday Showcase:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Heat @ Celtics - Sunday Showcase : Fine! Let's include the 3-pointers. So Rondo went 2-6 on all his shots from outside the paint. That's 33.3% shooting outside the paint.  I mean I can't believe you're in grad school and you say something like, "a 3 pointer is a jumpshot. period."  Rondo doesn't even shoot a 3-pointer using a jump shot. He shoots 3s using a set shot. Ugh!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

smh..another fail. he def doesnt use a set shot. 

its whatever..i think we have varying ideas on what "fundamentally sound" is, therefore the argument will never end. to me, there are alot of factors included in being fundamentally sound. regardless, Rondo played great. its dissapointing that you still choose to nitpic and criticize him for missing two free throws and not hitting every shot he took, but in the end you cant please everyone.

put me on the list of guys who are proud to have Rondo on the Celtics.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Game Thread - Heat @ Celtics - Sunday Showcase": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Heat @ Celtics - Sunday Showcase : Don't forget that Moore was playing better than Bradley at the beginning of the season. Doc stuck with Bradley and he improved. Moore should be given more playing time but I like the Rondo/Bradley combination. This combination gives Boston more speed and defensive intensity than the Rondo/Allen combination. Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE] How do you know what Moore is showing in practice? I'm not sure Bradley is getting better just because of playing. He could be also showing in practice that he plays D the way Doc wants and Moore likely isn't showing that. He'll get it but he likely needs to wach and show it in practice and the few minutes when he gets in a game.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Game Thread - Heat @ Celtics - Sunday Showcase": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Heat @ Celtics - Sunday Showcase : We were already down 0-2 before Rondo hurt his arm in Game 3.  Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE] But we had only lost the first two away games. Win 2 at home and the series would be even. 2 and 0 is not like trying to come back from 3 and 0 or 3 and 1. The injury to Rondo was a factor.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Heat @ Celtics - Sunday Showcase : I'm happy that we have Rondo. I don't even want him traded anymore. Ray Allen shoots 3s using a jump shot. Rondo shoots 3s using a set shot. Just because Rondo played great it doesn't mean all his flaws disappear in an instant. 

he shoots 3's just like he shoots 2's. 

Paul Pierce is an example of someone that uses a set shot for their 3 pointers.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Heat @ Celtics - Sunday Showcase : This was Rondos best game of the season. He is a great player, no one here besides pud and dudder denies that. But that doesn't make him fundamental sound. He almost had an airball from the FT-line. He is very good, great in stretches, definitely unique but not fundamental sound.
    Posted by Gasthoerer[/QUOTE]

Just because someone is not a good shooter either from the floor or the line doesnt mean a player isnt fundamentally sound....Jason kidd for example was not a good shooter for most of his career but no one who knows basketball would say he wasnt/isnt a fundamentally sound player...

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]Jamez, I already said Rondo was awesome today. This was probably his best game of the season. But you had to ruin everything by saying Rondo is fundamentally sound. You're crazy if you think Rondo was fundamentally sound in this game.

How about you define fundamentally sound???

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Heat @ Celtics - Sunday Showcase : Just because someone is not a good shooter either from the floor or the line doesnt mean a player isnt fundamentally sound....Jason kidd for example was not a good shooter for most of his career but no one who knows basketball would say he wasnt/isnt a fundamentally sound player...
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU!!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Heat @ Celtics - Sunday
    Jason kidd for example was not a good shooter for most of his career but no one who knows basketball would say he wasnt/isnt a fundamentally sound player...
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE]

Actually, Kidd is/was also not foundamental sound. That is why a lot of people made fun about him at the beginning of his career. But no one said that he is a bad player, just like it is the case with Rondo.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Heat @ Celtics - Sunday Showcase : We were already down 0-2 before Rondo hurt his arm in Game 3. 
    I know that, it is still the significant reason we could not get any traction in that series in my mind.  A healthy Rondo we would have been in that series. Look at the match up problem he creates for them when healthy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Heat @ Celtics - Sunday Showcase : Not true. Kidd always attempted 3-pointers even when he was a rookie. And Kidd was never a poor FT shooter in his career.  Kidd's lowest FT% is 68%.  Also, Kidd always attempted more than 100 3-pointers every season.

It is true... check out his percentage from the floor??  Better free throw shooter yeah but fundamentals encompass way more then being a good shooter?  Is Ray Allen fundamentally sound?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Heat @ Celtics - Sunday Showcase : I'm happy that we have Rondo. I don't even want him traded anymore. Ray Allen shoots 3s using a jump shot. Rondo shoots 3s using a set shot. Just because Rondo played great it doesn't mean all his flaws disappear in an instant. 
    It isn't a Ray jump shot but it is a jump shot.  Nothing like a set shot that PP uses.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Heat @ Celtics - Sunday Showcase : Actually, Kidd is/was also not foundamental sound. That is why a lot of people made fun about him at the beginning of his career. But no one said that he is a bad player, just like it is the case with Rondo.
    Posted by Gasthoerer[/QUOTE]

No one made fun of him... he was the best passer in the game... ran the break better than anyone.... please define fundamental?

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Heat @ Celtics - Sunday Showcase : Fundamentally sound like Dennis Johnson. Good shooter from the perimeter, good FT shooter, good passer, good defender, and a good ball handler. Rondo is a great passer, excellent ball-handler, and a good defender. But when it comes to shooting outside 15 feet he sux.   

Ok by your definition then, there are tons of players who lack fundamentals...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Foundamental sound is a player who has the fundamentals of the game (at least for his position). Not neccessary a great player like the big fundamental but one who has all the basic skills which you learn in your early years.

Derek Fisher was/is a fundamental sound PG (not a great one though).
    KG is a great player but not fundamental sound (cause he has no post play as a PF).
    Duncan is a great player who is, well, I think this is pretty clear.

25. This post has been removed.