Game Thread- Sacramento Kings

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Game Thread- Sacramento Kings

First one I have started.  Hope we keep it going or it will be the last.  I can't imagine losing tonight and the gnashing of teeth by the Celtic posters.  A little early but oh well.    Lets all get along tonight and enjoy what is probably the last run of the C's.   You guys remember a couple years ago everyone counted them out?  We all know what happened then.  Other than the Philly game we have pretty much played the good teams pretty tough.  If we can get a couple more bigs to give fouls, hard fouls instead of layups, that is the start.  Ray starts doing more than shooting, Paul starts shooting well,  KG continues what he has been doing for a month, Rondo starts hitting his shots, and we start getting contributions on a regular basis from people like AB.   I still like my team and all the players.  (well except Dooling).
    GO C's

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Re: Game Thread- Sacramento Kings

I second that.  This road trip could become the defining moment of their season.  However far they go, this team can begin to galvanize what they are forming.  There have been some ups and downs this year, but if they can continue to build what they are starting to, then they've given us a lot to respect, and a lot to be proud about. 

If nothing else comes of this year, I'll never forget how KG has taken it upon himself to dive to the bottom and put a knife through Davie Jones's heart.  How he then ripped out his own and placed it at center court, night after night, letting nothing but the sound of its beat echo into the very souls of those who dare to call themselves Celtics.     

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Wife is driving on hwy 80 east. about 1/2 hour out of Sacramento and I pulled out my iPad and we are heading for Arco arena. Been in SF past 45 years but New England roots are deep... love the west coast trip as we drive the 6 hours to LA to see lakers @ clippers. GS is only 1 hour drive & this 100 miles from SF to Sac is like trips I made from Portland to Boston to watch Celtics back in the Cousy days. Went to Fenway too in Ted Williams, Dom DiMaggio, Bobby Doerr Johnny Pesky etc. Days. Let's win 10 out of 12 and 3 out of 4 on the left coast...darn, wish we had beaten the Lakers !!! Hope to get people off DA's back for not making a trade and I say that knowing we still need a big guy but not worth giving up what we have and breaking up a pretty good chemistry for the mediocre centers that were available to us,

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyCelt2. Show KyCelt2's posts

Come on Pierce, play a little D, and stop turning it over so much!! Oh sorry, just practicing!! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

It will be great to see the Celtics win most of their games on this road trip.  So far they have done ok, but the road trip just started.  Overall they are playing much better and have won 8 of their last 10 games.  Hopefully, this will continue. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

i think it's fair to pencil in a Cs win tonight in cowtown. denver will be rested tomorrow night, but hopefully discombobulated w/ the nene trade to the point we can grab another road W. gee, wouldn't 4-1 be sweet thus far on this trip? (knock on wood) also, atlanta plays sunday nite in cleveland before hosting us monday. plenty of Cs amusements to be had this season for those who seek it.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

Can we just sneak DaMarcus Cousins onto the bus after the game and leave Arco Arena quietly?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In Response to Game Thread- Sacramento Kings:
    [QUOTE]First one I have started.  Hope we keep it going or it will be the last.  I can't imagine losing tonight and the gnashing of teeth by the Celtic posters.  A little early but oh well.    Lets all get along tonight and enjoy what is probably the last run of the C's.   You guys remember a couple years ago everyone counted them out?  We all know what happened then.  Other than the Philly game we have pretty much played the good teams pretty tough.  If we can get a couple more bigs to give fouls, hard fouls instead of layups, that is the start.  Ray starts doing more than shooting, Paul starts shooting well,  KG continues what he has been doing for a month, Rondo starts hitting his shots, and we start getting contributions on a regular basis from people like AB.   I still like my team and all the players.  (well except Dooling). GO C's
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]
    +++1

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread- Sacramento Kings:
    [QUOTE]Can we just sneak DaMarcus Cousins onto the bus after the game and leave Arco Arena quietly?
    Posted by docomospur[/QUOTE]

That would be awesome.  We could really use a talented center like him. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]Philly about to lose to the Heat. If we win tonight we'll just be .5 game behind Philly for 1st place in the Atlantic and 4th seed in the east. Go Celts!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Duke about to lose to Lehigh too

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

2nd #2 seed to go down today. Don't tell Doc

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread- Sacramento Kings : Duke lost. Missouri lost. Both #2 seeds got beat by #15 seeds.  If Ainge traded for a big man we could have been like that #15 seed that beat the #2 seed Bulls or Heat.

Who could have he had and for who in return?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

I, actually think he shoud have focused on a big rebounder as opposed to just a center. Center or pf didn't matter. needed someone to control half of the boards atleast

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread- Sacramento Kings : There's no doubt the Celts will continue win. It's when it's the 2nd round of the playoffs and the Celts and Bulls or Heat are tied 2-2 and heading into Chicago or Miami for a crucial Game 5. That's the time Ainge would be wishing he made a trade for a big man at the trade deadline.

ur so negative..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Garnett/Cousins matchup looks like a good one so far.  If KG can get rest at the right times tonight, we might be in for a show.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

PP looks very sluggish.  We are struggling with our shooting.

Hey Rondo, why not stay in front of Thomas.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

No one playing defense again tonight, except for Bass maybe

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Looks like some of the boys brought prescriptions out west with them on this trip

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

down 12-3 rebounds 50% from the line have missed 4 layups..........geez

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

We are making the Kings at 14-29 with twice the losses as wins look as if they are at the top of the Western Conference with our missed easy shots under the basket and, as usual, big deficit in rebounds !!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread- Sacramento Kings : Are you saying the Celts will get past the 2nd round of the playoffs this year?

no. im saying stop posting something negative abt us not being elite every single time someone says something positive about the Celtics. its like you dont want anyone to have a positive outlook on the season.

besides, wasnt it you that said we are one big man away from being elite? buyout period hasnt begun yet.

Sections
Shortcuts