Games against the Lakers and Heat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Games against the Lakers and Heat

In Response to Re: Games against the Lakers and Heat:

In Response to Re: Games against the Lakers and Heat : well if you believe the bulls are in the class of the heat or celtics...or that d-rose is mvp over lebron, then you probably should pass that mega bong this way because id like for my thinking to the that far out there too
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

HOW DARE YOU SUGGEST SUCH A THING?????

What a jerk!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

D Rose Should be MVP over LeBron if the season ended now!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Posted by kyceltic

Not sure where my MVP vote would go today.....probably to Dirk.  But, as for the Bulls, I think they are an elite team and will challenge every team in the East in the playoffs.  Ultimately, I think they could lose because of the same reason they could win - Rose.  He's a truly phenominal player.  But, he has the Lebron syndrome.  In crunch time, he does not use his teammates and therefore takes tremendously difficult 1 on 2 and 1 on 3 shots.  They look tremendous when he makes it but they cost you the game when you miss.  I like the Spurs, Celtics, and even Lakers (when Kobe remembers he has teammates) - they work it for whatever open shot the defense gives them and therefore end up with a higher percentage shot.   Bulls also have a good defensive team (what else with Tib at the helm) and that is another reason they can challenge anyone.

Bulls are an elite team.  I'd say top 5 or 6 in the league.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: Games against the Lakers and Heat : Not sure where my MVP vote would go today.....probably to Dirk.  But, as for the Bulls, I think they are an elite team and will challenge every team in the East in the playoffs.  Ultimately, I think they could lose because of the same reason they could win - Rose.  He's a truly phenominal player.  But, he has the Lebron syndrome.  In crunch time, he does not use his teammates and therefore takes tremendously difficult 1 on 2 and 1 on 3 shots.  They look tremendous when he makes it but they cost you the game when you miss.  I like the Spurs, Celtics, and even Lakers (when Kobe remembers he has teammates) - they work it for whatever open shot the defense gives them and therefore end up with a higher percentage shot.   Bulls also have a good defensive team (what else with Tib at the helm) and that is another reason they can challenge anyone. Bulls are an elite team.  I'd say top 5 or 6 in the league.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

You sure couldn't go wrong with Dirk!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Posted by kyceltic

uh, no...not based on numbers, team impact or standings...

there isnt a better basketball player in the world than lebron right now and even as a die hard heat fan...thats a little icky for me to say

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOBEnumber5. Show KOBEnumber5's posts

1 loss down, 1 more to go.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

I see us losing to the Heat on Sunday. We have too many guys out with injuries.

It could be a blowout. Don't mean to be a downer, just bracing for the possiblity!

Frown

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beat-Boston. Show Beat-Boston's posts

HAH!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Games against the Lakers and Heat : be polite, pass it to the right!
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

You are the biggest troll on this board.  I have never done such a vile thing in my life, but I guess it's okay with you

get some morals, get a life and get out of mine!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

1 loss down, 1 more to go.
    Posted by KOBEnumber5

sorry, which team is 2-6 this year against the NBA elite?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Celts usually respond after 2 losses with fire and focus.  I expect a win.  Once they win a couple, we'll lose another game where we are disinterested or feeling old.  But, They know when to focus and I believe we'll see it with the Heat.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Games against the Lakers and Heat:
    These two games go a long way in my mind if we need to do something.  If we can win both games against these two, then I don't know that we need to do anything.  If we got blowed out then yes i would think its time.  Wins against quality teams goes a long way further than losses against weak teams on the second end of back to back.  We split with them and its up in the air.
    Posted by OneOnOne

How this can even enter one's mind is beyond me.

The Cs knowingly tank games to conserve minutes, they are physically beat up, and they treat the regular season (and therefore the fans) like extended preseason.

They can be the 8th seed and healthy and still be the favorites to win the title.

Last year showed us that.

I envisioned this year them having a lot of games where they would be up by 20 at half time and give up most of the lead and then have the starters come back into the game and salvage wins.

Well that has kind of happened other than they are beat up and to me the two most important guys (Shaq and D West) have missed lots of games.  I think with a healthy Shaq and D West they would have a 5 game lead on Miami right now and would be fighting SA for best overall record.

But given the injuries, I think they are still in great shape.

They will probably win 60 games and be one of the top 4 seeds but if healthy are the best and deepest team in the league.

So it becomes Doc's job to manage minutes and the medical staff to keep them as healthy as possible.

It all still revolves around the health of #5, #20, and #34.  If any of those 3 go down, it is over but anyone else, they can recover from.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

I see us losing to the Heat on Sunday. We have too many guys out with injuries. It could be a blowout. Don't mean to be a downer, just bracing for the possiblity!
    Posted by Waynestarr

Don't be a downer, the Celtics get up for big games.  With their current loss to the Lakers, I think they're gonna have something to prove.  And with the Heat on their winning streak, I could see them having a let-down game.  I think the Cs are pulling this one off in good old fashioned defensive fashion.

88-82. 

Let's see if that even comes close to being right.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

heads up, jofc. BDC is hiding your posts.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Games against the Lakers and Heat : How this can even enter one's mind is beyond me. The Cs knowingly tank games to conserve minutes, they are physically beat up, and they treat the regular season (and therefore the fans) like extended preseason. They can be the 8th seed and healthy and still be the favorites to win the title. Last year showed us that. I envisioned this year them having a lot of games where they would be up by 20 at half time and give up most of the lead and then have the starters come back into the game and salvage wins. Well that has kind of happened other than they are beat up and to me the two most important guys (Shaq and D West) have missed lots of games.  I think with a healthy Shaq and D West they would have a 5 game lead on Miami right now and would be fighting SA for best overall record. But given the injuries, I think they are still in great shape. They will probably win 60 games and be one of the top 4 seeds but if healthy are the best and deepest team in the league. So it becomes Doc's job to manage minutes and the medical staff to keep them as healthy as possible. It all still revolves around the health of #5, #20, and #34.  If any of those 3 go down, it is over but anyone else, they can recover from.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

A little verbose, but one of the few posts from you that I agree with - way to go!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Games against the Lakers and Heat : dear regular season champs hedley, if you can go back to the thread with board bios, you will see that i work for a collection agency...and guess what time of year it is? tax time!!!! sorry if i have alot of work and cant reply to every topic...but i would think that would be good for you, as it appears you dont like me much but this talk about injuries...its almost like you are making excuses...i mean...come on...who does that? anyways...GO HEAT!!!
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Actually I don't think anyone missed you.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Games against the Lakers and Heat : ok...then why have you put such an emphasis on having home court then?...i agree you with you...i think its possible to win without it and i dont think the heat need it, against the celtics, bulls, magic, and whom ever comes from the west the heat almost beat the bulls in chicago when lebron and bosh were both out...i dont see a series between them and heat going past 5 with the heat winning pretty handily another vacation from their annoying fans? jeez...imagine how annoying you think ill be after the heat win 3-4 of the next 5 titles good day sir
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

almost?  LMAO

Sections
Shortcuts