Games against the Lakers and Heat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Games against the Lakers and Heat

These two games go a long way in my mind if we need to do something.  If we can win both games against these two, then I don't know that we need to do anything.  If we got blowed out then yes i would think its time.  Wins against quality teams goes a long way further than losses against weak teams on the second end of back to back.  We split with them and its up in the air.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: Games against the Lakers and Heat

Well history tells me we win them both. Both are at home, the starters will play extended minutes because the AS break is coming and the only other game is NJ. They play up to the competition.

Yes I expect to win both games. The problem has been the bad losses. We beat the good teams. We need someone to help carry us when the starters are running in quicksand. We have 3 more bad losses this year and it's going to present problems.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

i believe the heat are finally starting to accept the villian role...and while a regular season game means very little, it will mean alot to the heat to win in boston and regain control of the eastern conference...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Games against the Lakers and Heat:
    [QUOTE]i believe the heat are finally starting to accept the villian role...and while a regular season game means very little, it will mean alot to the heat to win in boston and regain control of the eastern conference...
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

Sorry but this trread is about the Celtics and not what would do good for the Heat.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Games against the Lakers and Heat : Sorry but this trread is about the Celtics and not what would do good for the Heat.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]
    sorry but this is a thread which contains the word "heat" in the title, therefore making it about the heat

dont act like no one in the history of the internet has ever taken a discussion off course(which isnt even what im doing)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

OMG - here we go again.  JJ hides for weeks, then shows up when we are down 5 players and have to play our REAL rival before taking on the heat again.  Just because the title has the word heat in it doesn't mean it's about the heat.  It isn't.  I agree with the OP.....IF we can win these next two games as injured as we are, that will be HUGE for the rest of the year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

It does seem strange that everything hangs on the health of a back up player.

If the team really feels that there is a chance that he will not come back at full health, then a trade is necessary. If they are confident that he will, then they only have to get through the next month or two. 

The biggest concern will be the chance of injury to Pierce playing extra minutes when tired, night after night.

I would hate to see the Celtics lose home court.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Yeah guys, no point in trying to control any thread because it will just not happen.  As long as you open up discussion in these type of forums you can expect the responses to be diverse and, sometimes, not to your liking.

BiasLewis: Good summarization.  I think the circumstances favor Boston in both games.  Unlike Boston, LA has been blowing it against the upper end teams.  While they do have something to prove, I don't think they're going to have what it takes to get past Boston this next game. 

Especially when you factor in:

Boston's last loss.
    The trade rumors in LA which could disrupt the chemistry.
    Boston's home court.

I see the Celtics taking both games.  Hopefully LA will come out and play some good motivated basketball and prove me wrong.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Always the voice of reason.....we missed you buddy!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Hahaha, not always.  Thanks, good to see you're still on these boards. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]OMG - here we go again.  JJ hides for weeks, then shows up when we are down 5 players and have to play our REAL rival before taking on the heat again.  Just because the title has the word heat in it doesn't mean it's about the heat.  It isn't.  I agree with the OP.....IF we can win these next two games as injured as we are, that will be HUGE for the rest of the year.
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    dear regular season champs hedley,

if you can go back to the thread with board bios, you will see that i work for a collection agency...and guess what time of year it is? tax time!!!!

sorry if i have alot of work and cant reply to every topic...but i would think that would be good for you, as it appears you dont like me much

but this talk about injuries...its almost like you are making excuses...i mean...come on...who does that?

anyways...GO HEAT!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Pierce did not practice today, he was out sick.

Wow, any more adversity and it will be ugly tommorrow night.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]Well history tells me we win them both. Both are at home, the starters will play extended minutes because the AS break is coming and the only other game is NJ. They play up to the competition. Yes I expect to win both games. The problem has been the bad losses. We beat the good teams. We need someone to help carry us when the starters are running in quicksand. We have 3 more bad losses this year and it's going to present problems.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

I don't think we HAVE to have homecourt. If we are at full strength come playoff time (and I guess that may be a big if) we can win on the road against anybody. I wouldn't mind to loose some games if it keeps the starters fresh. Nothing is worse than losing against subpar teams AND playing the starters until they drop.
    Doc, use the bench more even though they are not playing great right now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Oh, and I think they'll go 1/1, with a loss agianst the heat.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]Well history tells me we win them both. Both are at home, the starters will play extended minutes because the AS break is coming and the only other game is NJ. They play up to the competition. Yes I expect to win both games. The problem has been the bad losses. We beat the good teams. We need someone to help carry us when the starters are running in quicksand. We have 3 more bad losses this year and it's going to present problems.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

That's a good point. Although We are really close to having Delonte and Shaq back for the second unit. That will be HUGE and I thinkhow they do together should be assesed before we pull the trigger on a trade.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

We have had three days between the bobcats and laker game and three days between the heat. This is very much in our favor rest wise.  Unfortunately Semih is out along with Shaq and Marquis.  This is not ideal considering the fatigue issue we had Monday night. 

I think thankfully the All-Star cannot come soon enough.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Games against the Lakers and Heat : dear regular season champs hedley, if you can go back to the thread with board bios, you will see that i work for a collection agency...and guess what time of year it is? tax time!!!! sorry if i have alot of work and cant reply to every topic...but i would think that would be good for you, as it appears you dont like me much but this talk about injuries...its almost like you are making excuses...i mean...come on...who does that? anyways...GO HEAT!!!

So let me get this straight.  I have maintained for two years that being healthy and playing well is all that matters for this team come playoff time and I'm making excuses?  Let me further get this straight.  YOU said regular season games don't matter, but then chastise me for saying we will probably drop one or both of the next two games (which don't matter) because we have injury issues?

This coming from a guy who excused MIA's first loss to BOS on the absence of the immortal Mike Miller, while pinning the second loss on the absence of Medonis Haslem...we have FIVE players out...............you try beating us with no bench - oh, yeah, you've tried that.

Never mind, I get your double standard now!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Concord I agree.

As long as the starting five are ready, the extra time off will help tremendously.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Lots of bodies out, especially up front. Hoping PP gets better cause if we dont have him going close to 100%, we could have a real long night.

We may have some trouble on the boards too. We have the same lineup of bigs (minus Sheed) that took a beating underneath against the Lakers in the finals. Only difference is KG, who's much improved over the finals KG.... but hes only gonna play 25-30 minutes most likely.

Better hope Perk can play entended minutes and stay out of foul trouble... even then we may still have big problems on the boards...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

PP is the biggest concern tonight as you stated, .
    My guess it the the starting five, including KG and Perk will get extended minutes tonight. The Cs have three days off.

It might be fun to see Artest on Baby. If so, I see pain in Ron's future.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Games against the Lakers and Heat : So let me get this straight.  I have maintained for two years that being healthy and playing well is all that matters for this team come playoff time and I'm making excuses?  Let me further get this straight.  YOU said regular season games don't matter, but then chastise me for saying we will probably drop one or both of the next two games (which don't matter) because we have injury issues? This coming from a guy who excused MIA's first loss to BOS on the absence of the immortal Mike Miller, while pinning the second loss on the absence of Medonis Haslem...we have FIVE players out...............you try beating us with no bench - oh, yeah, you've tried that. Never mind, I get your double standard now!!
    A. no you havent...you have preached the importance of home court and yada yada yada...you know you what typed
    B. regular season games matter in the sense that if you dont get home court, you are screwed more often than not in this sport
    C. i didnt excuse anything because of mike miller...he was out and wade was just coming back and the team played like a bunch of individuals that didnt know their way around each other yet
    D. with the second matchup of the season still coming in the heat's first quarter of the season, they were still playing like a bunch of individuals
    E. 50 games later...we are not playing like individuals anymore
    F. the celtics were just about as healthy as could be for both early season matchups...
    G. this game on sunday means two things, neither entirely relevant, the celtics can win the season series or the heat can gain/remain in 1st in the eastern conference...thats it...no bearing on the playoffs except potential seeding...
    H. oh, by the way...its Udonis...get used to it, his fingers will be filling up with rings

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

JJ can check my posts from last year, when we were 50-32.  A lot (two words) of people on here were singing gloom and doom, I was saying health and playing well.  Go ahead and look it up!!

HCA is important this year - over the WEST.  I think we can beat the heat or Bulls without it.  Hopefully, they play each other and the Bulls win.  I think they are a matchup nightmare for MIA.  We need HCA against the lakers or Spurs, or Mavs...but, health is still #1.  This team is very tough when fully healthy.  We have 5 people out for the next two games, so it is unrealistic to think we can win both..........if I had my choice, I would want to beat the heat for two reasons.
    1.  Best record in the East
    2.  Another vactation from thier annoying fans!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]JJ can check my posts from last year, when we were 50-32.  A lot (two words) of people on here were singing gloom and doom, I was saying health and playing well.  Go ahead and look it up!! HCA is important this year - over the WEST.  I think we can beat the heat or Bulls without it.  Hopefully, they play each other and the Bulls win.  I think they are a matchup nightmare for MIA.  We need HCA against the lakers or Spurs, or Mavs...but, health is still #1.  This team is very tough when fully healthy.  We have 5 people out for the next two games, so it is unrealistic to think we can win both..........if I had my choice, I would want to beat the heat for two reasons. 1.  Best record in the East 2.  Another vactation from thier annoying fans!!
    ok...then why have you put such an emphasis on having home court then?...i agree you with you...i think its possible to win without it and i dont think the heat need it, against the celtics, bulls, magic, and whom ever comes from the west

the heat almost beat the bulls in chicago when lebron and bosh were both out...i dont see a series between them and heat going past 5 with the heat winning pretty handily

another vacation from their annoying fans? jeez...imagine how annoying you think ill be after the heat win 3-4 of the next 5 titles

good day sir

Tongue out

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Games against the Lakers and Heat : ok...then why have you put such an emphasis on having home court then?...i agree you with you...i think its possible to win without it and i dont think the heat need it, against the celtics, bulls, magic, and whom ever comes from the west the heat almost beat the bulls in chicago when lebron and bosh were both out...i dont see a series between them and heat going past 5 with the heat winning pretty handily another vacation from their annoying fans? jeez...imagine how annoying you think ill be after the heat win 3-4 of the next 5 titles good day sir

BUT......................................they LOST!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Games against the Lakers and Heat : BUT......................................they LOST!!
    well if you believe the bulls are in the class of the heat or celtics...or that d-rose is mvp over lebron, then you probably should pass that mega bong this way because id like for my thinking to the that far out there too