Games without Paul Pierce since 2009

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Games without Paul Pierce since 2009

Since  we  are bringing up how we do without certain players,  lets look at Paul Pierce.  

Since the 2009/2010 season we are 6 wins and 11 losses without Pierce. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Games without Paul Pierce since 2009

Pierce is a beast.

He has never gotten enough credit around here. He is a very complete player.

Pretty soon he is going to pass Barkley for number 20 all time scorer in the NBA and at 35 has barely dropped off from where he was at 30.

Much respect to his game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Pierce is a beast.

Pretty soon he is going to pass Barkley for number 20 all time scorer in the NBA and at 35 has barely dropped off from where he was at 30.

funny it you look at the game threads,  "he is useless",  "he can't shoot",  "he can't dribble", "he is a turnover machine",  "Green needs to get his minutes", " he is selfish"  "he won't pass to the open man", "he can't hit 2 free throws in the clutch-guaranteed".  

It gets to the point of being funny.  

All his stats except shooting are VG compared to his career stats.  He is still our best creator for other people,  he is still our best at creating his own shot.  He takes charges.  (how many guys his age do this, even at critical time).

Whats really funny about it is the Rondo guys are usually the biggest ones here doing it.  The complain about complaints against RR but they carry on about PP like he is a nosebleed.  I have always supported Rondo, but live in the real world.  He isn't a superstar and until things change won't ever be one.   I still believe he could be but he is running out of time.

As I have stated I believe in all the C's, even the ones I am not fond of,  look for things they do well instead of dwelling on one turnover.

Some guys can't see the forest for the trees. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Pierce is one of the best players of all time and most people around here don't even recognize it.

I think it is his consistency that hurts him, he doesnt really stand out, he just gets you 20 5 and 5 every night for years on end.

This year out of all Sf's.

4th in scoring. (behind James, Melo and Durant)

3rd in assists. (behind James and Batum)

Not really sure what more you want from a 35 year old dude.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Pierce is a beast.

He's still a very good player but he isn't anywhere close to the superstar he was at age 30, and i'm one of the biggest PP supporters around.

He would have 8-12 games a season at that age that he could NEVER have anymore. The things PP could do then EVERY night, if he wanted to (and most night he did bring it) he can only do in about 1 out of every 3 games now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Pierce is a beast.

He's still a very good player but he isn't anywhere close to the superstar he was at age 30, and i'm one of the biggest PP supporters around.

He would have 8-12 games a season at that age that he could NEVER have anymore. The things PP could do then EVERY night, if he wanted to (and most night he did bring it) he can only do in about 1 out of every 3 games now.

Production as 30

36 minutes a game 19.6 points 5.1 rebounds 4.5 assists.

Production at 35

34 minutes 18.5 points 6.4 rebounds 4.4 assists.

his production has barely dropped off from age 30. Of course he isn't as good as he was then.  But his production is the same.