Garnett and Pierce's silence

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Garnett and Pierce's silence

I think it is odd that both Kevin and Paul have not spoken on leaving.  Are they mad about something?  It seems a statement or interview concerning "bleeding green" and the time spent here should have been made.  Did Danny or ownership lose them during this process?  Most of us are aware how much they will be missed despite the good sense in getting something for them.

But why the silence.  What happened?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

Re: Garnett and Pierce's silence

In response to concord27's comment:

I think it is odd that both Kevin and Paul have not spoken on leaving.  Are they mad about something?  It seems a statement or interview concerning "bleeding green" and the time spent here should have been made.  Did Danny or ownership lose them during this process?  Most of us are aware how much they will be missed despite the good sense in getting something for them.

But why the silence.  What happened?

They should be very happy.The celtic could have bought out PP for 5millions.He would have to sign with another team for far less money.By trading him he will get his 15 milliions.I would be very happy.For Garnett he will get another extra year on his contract.Nothing to be mad about.I think they are not talking because they are counting their blessings and saying Thank you,thank you and thank you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

The press conference is Thursday.

Both will handle the change with class.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Jump-ball-overtime's comment:

The press conference is Thursday.

Both will handle the change with class.

I did not know that.  I know they will handle with class.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

and don't think there won't be a generous fan appreciation when the nets play in the gahhhhhhhhhhhhden.

kg is overpaid and so is pierce.  they are laughing all the way to the bank.  and have a chance to win.  nothing could be better for them other than the russian owner being a bit smarter on WHO he spreads his money around on.  but they have a good chance to win as it stands right now.

much better than it would have been in BOS

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

and don't think there won't be a generous fan appreciation when the nets play in the gahhhhhhhhhhhhden.

kg is overpaid and so is pierce.  they are laughing all the way to the bank.  and have a chance to win.  nothing could be better for them other than the russian owner being a bit smarter on WHO he spreads his money around on.  but they have a good chance to win as it stands right now.

+1..  I give them a 1 year window though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

standing ovation on their first visit

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"kg is overpaid and so is pierce."

You may want to worry more about Wallace's bloated contract (and Jeff Green's as well). 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Jackie MacMullen's interview with KG and Pierce airs tonite, thursday, on SportsCenter at 6 pm, for those wondering. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Pierce said he cries every time he thinks about his first game back in Boston.

We still love you, Paul.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Am I the only one who couldn't hear the audio on today's press conference?  For me it was horrible.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mitchwiggins. Show mitchwiggins's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

More like that damn Russian is spending his Dirty money that he stole during the "wild west" in Russia a few years back! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

One of the most interesting things that I have read were the ESPN tweets printed by Forsberg.

Apparently Pierce was traded first, and then the Nets tried to get KG. During the process, Pierce called KG and talked to him for 90 minutes to try and convince him to go to the Nets. At first, KG was surprized and required some convincing. Later, he apparently came around.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to Jump-ball-overtime's comment:

One of the most interesting things that I have read were the ESPN tweets printed by Forsberg.

Apparently Pierce was traded first, and then the Nets tried to get KG. During the process, Pierce called KG and talked to him for 90 minutes to try and convince him to go to the Nets. At first, KG was surprized and required some convincing. Later, he apparently came around.

I am sure that extra year of pay for KG didn't hurt.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skins and Heart. Show Skins and Heart's posts

I would hope for his sake,  that money wouldn't be an issue for KG at this stage of his career. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

After watching their conversation with Jackie MacMullen, Pierce feels kind of let down because he wanted to retire in Boston. spending 15 years and embracing a city. Stated that Dirk, Kobe and Duncan will finish their careers with their original teams. KG was shocked but they understand this is a business. I hope the Nets get the title because this to me is a one and done. Little window opening if any. 

Sections
Shortcuts