Garnett for Aldridge?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CVD2312. Show CVD2312's posts

Garnett for Aldridge?

IF it were possible, would you guys trade Kevin Garnett straight up for LaMarcus Aldridge RIGHT NOW? Assuming Portland would be willing to do that trade (which they wouldn't, I get that) and if the salaries worked out, would you make that trade before the deadline if you were Danny Ainge?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Re: Garnett for Aldridge?

No.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Delete this post and ban him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CVD2312. Show CVD2312's posts

Why do you say that, BiasLewis? I thought it was a fair question. Garnett probably fits you team better for a championship run THIS YEAR, but Aldridge is obviously much younger and is extremely talented....I was just curious. I said nothing offensive

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Man - you don't understand anything about this team.  You say trade the heart and soul of the team, but "I said nothing offensive".   Your post is offensive in and of itself!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

No way! Aldridge can never do what KG can do on the defensive end.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

KG is a national treasure. He was born to be a Celtic.

How do the C's ever trade such a national treasure?

You don't.

Not to sound sappy but you simply honor and appreciate him for what he is.

Would you trade Russell? Bird?

And destroy the tradition in the process?

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

It can't happen so why think about it.  Would you trade Paul Pierce for Rudy Gay?

I mean where does that get you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Garnett for Aldridge?:
    [QUOTE]It can't happen so why think about it.  Would you trade Paul Pierce for Rudy Gay? I mean where does that get you.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

A Celtic fan from Kentucky already said that, that the Celtics should trade Pierce for Rudy Gay.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CVD2312. Show CVD2312's posts

So you wouldn't trade KG for Kevin Durant either? Since KG is "the heart and soul" of the team?

You wouldn't have traded Larry Bird at the end of his career for Michael Jordan?

I understand Aldridge isn't like Durant or Jordan, but he would give you a brighter future than Garnett. Him and Rondo would be a great combo for years to come.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]So you wouldn't trade KG for Kevin Durant either? Since KG is "the heart and soul" of the team? You wouldn't have traded Larry Bird at the end of his career for Michael Jordan? I understand Aldridge isn't like Durant or Jordan, but he would give you a brighter future than Garnett. Him and Rondo would be a great combo for years to come.
    Posted by CVD2312[/QUOTE]

The problem here is you're being unrealistic. You really think the Celtics will win a championship with Perk, Durant, Pierce, Ray, and Rondo as the starting 5?

It's not about better players, it's about the players that fit in with the current team. And KG is perfect for this current Celtics team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

It is also about better players, and KG is better than Aldridge.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]So you wouldn't trade KG for Kevin Durant either? Since KG is "the heart and soul" of the team? You wouldn't have traded Larry Bird at the end of his career for Michael Jordan? I understand Aldridge isn't like Durant or Jordan, but he would give you a brighter future than Garnett. Him and Rondo would be a great combo for years to come.

The future, that's what all ya Portland fans think about. 

Celtic fans think about the present.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

Good greif!!!! who would think of such? The team would
    not be the same, all the intensity would be gone out the
    door, that is reallyan awful thought.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

though not the fault of aldridge, but portland is not even thinking of a championship.  while with garnett, boston is.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

Another Stupid Trade Idea. Get Real.

Time Will Only Tell

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]though not the fault of aldridge, but portland is not even thinking of a championship.  while with garnett, boston is.
    Posted by charliedarling[/QUOTE]

That's right, Portland and their fans are thinking, just thinking. I mean Portland used the #2 pick of the Draft in 1984 to draft Sam Bowie. Then in 2007 they end up picking a Sam Bowie-like player with the 1st pick of the Draft.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CVD2312. Show CVD2312's posts

P34, your Celtics were drooling at the chance to get Oden that year, so don't even act like Boston, or any team for that matter, would've done anything different at the time than Portland did.

And for the record, if Garnett were on the Blazers right now instead of Aldridge, Portland would be a lottery team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]P34, your Celtics were drooling at the chance to get Oden that year, so don't even act like Boston, or any team for that matter, would've done anything different at the time than Portland did. And for the record, if Garnett were on the Blazers right now instead of Aldridge, Portland would be a lottery team.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda?

The coaches in the western conference even think Blake Griffin is better than Lamarcus Aldridge right now!

HAHAHA!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from atomic. Show atomic's posts

what is the point of this thread??? would you trade bill laimbeer for kurt rambis? are you playing a fantasy league? who gives a crap about a trade scenario that will never happen.

and for the record, aldridge has a huge upside and having a nice year but come talk to me when he has produced year in and year out for 16 yrs. and won a title. i won't even start talk about the differences on the defensive end.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CVD2312. Show CVD2312's posts

No, I would not trade Bill Laimbeer for Kurt Rambis.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Say goodbye to the prospect of #18 if this trade is ever done.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CVD2312. Show CVD2312's posts

atomic, you say you don't want to start to talk about the differences between Garnett and Aldridge on the defensive end?

You're right, Aldridge doesn't play defense like Garnett does. He doesn't punch guys in the jewels when they go up for a shot, and he doesn't slide his feet underneath them when they are in the air trying to get them to roll an ankle. Garnett is completely classless

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]P34, your Celtics were drooling at the chance to get Oden that year, so don't even act like Boston, or any team for that matter, would've done anything different at the time than Portland did. And for the record, if Garnett were on the Blazers right now instead of Aldridge, Portland would be a lottery team.

Ha, Ha, Ha.  That was really funny.

If Garnett was on the Blazers, you would have an intense team that knows how to win.  Don't know if they would win a championship, but they would be one of the elite teams and the whole team would be playing better as they try to keep up with KG's intensity.

Why are you here, anyway?  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driscoll92587. Show Driscoll92587's posts

Aldridge drops 41 and all of the sudden he's worthy of being in the same breath as KG, let alone put him in trade talks with him?  Marc Stein put it best earlier today on ESPN: "KG is the quarterback of the defense".  You give away KG for someone who's completely offensive-minded, it will hurt both sides of the ball.  He'll take away shots from the Starters and he'll be half of what KG gives the C's on defense. 

Sections
Shortcuts