Garnett for Aldridge?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

Re: Garnett for Aldridge?

In Response to Re: Garnett for Aldridge?:
    [QUOTE]Why do you say that, BiasLewis? I thought it was a fair question. Garnett probably fits you team better for a championship run THIS YEAR, but Aldridge is obviously much younger and is extremely talented....I was just curious. I said nothing offensive
    Posted by CVD2312[/QUOTE]
    Every year is this year. Something dominant teams like celts ,yankees
     etc. learned a long time ago,which is why they, and red sox more recently have satisfied fan bases. If you want to give up a very possible championship now for Lamarcus Aldridge, I hope you root for the Tampa Bay Rays because that`s as close as you`ll get to a title.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]atomic, you say you don't want to start to talk about the differences between Garnett and Aldridge on the defensive end? You're right, Aldridge doesn't play defense like Garnett does. He doesn't punch guys in the jewels when they go up for a shot, and he doesn't slide his feet underneath them when they are in the air trying to get them to roll an ankle. Garnett is completely classless
    Garnett has played 15 brilliant years in the NBA.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driscoll92587. Show Driscoll92587's posts

jr,

And that is exactly what puts *sses in the seats.  Championship contenders.  It makes no sense to rebuild now with a team in 1st place in the east, 2nd in the NBA. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Garnett for Aldridge? : Ha, Ha, Ha.  That was really funny. If Garnett was on the Blazers, you would have an intense team that knows how to win.  Don't know if they would win a championship, but they would be one of the elite teams and the whole team would be playing better as they try to keep up with KG's intensity. Why are you here, anyway?  
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]In terms of championship potential,Portland is still a lottery team. Just don`t get the lottery picks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]I need a drink,,,,
    Posted by jallen3531[/QUOTE]
    Yours is actually the best response to this post by far. Nuff said.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

Aldridge is a BYC, so the point is moot.  He's a nice player and at some point the C's need to get younger, but not on this one.

And I would trade anyone on the C's for Kevin Durant.  And no I wouldn't have picked Oden.

PA

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

The world will probably change next year, with the proposed lock out, and league contraction. Why would anyone, that is not a troll, propose trading KG, the key element of the next NBA championship team. Why trade today for an uncertain future? Why trade a champion for a wanabe?

We love KG with all of his warts, and unparalleled passion for the game. No other player brings what he brings every night, and every year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CVD2312. Show CVD2312's posts

Just because Aldridge scores a lot of points doesn't mean he doesn't play defense. I don't know where you guys are getting this concept that he is a terrible defender? Especially since you probably only watch him twice a year, when Portland plays Boston. You know, it is possible for a good offensive player to be good at defense.

And Portland would not be good with Garnett, because they would never be able to score. Of course thats assuming that half their team is injured like they are now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Just because Aldridge scores a lot of points doesn't mean he doesn't play defense. I don't know where you guys are getting this concept that he is a terrible defender? Especially since you probably only watch him twice a year, when Portland plays Boston. You know, it is possible for a good offensive player to be good at defense. And Portland would not be good with Garnett, because they would never be able to score. Of course thats assuming that half their team is injured like they are now.

Give it a rest. The Celtics swept your Portland Trail Blazers this season. Why don't you wait for next season, maybe the Blazers will be able to steal one game from the Celtics next year.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Wow,

Portland would not be able to score with Garnett.

Like most casual fans, they think that because Garnett focuses on defense, and passes the ball for the best scoring opportunity, that he can't score. It is exactly that unselfish offense and team defense that makes the Celtics work. If you look at the records, you will find out differently. While KG was not the top Celtic scorer in the the regular season of 2008, he was the top scorer in the play-offs in 2008. He does what he thinks is best for the team.

Go to NBA reference.com. you will find that he has more 20 -10 seasons than any other player in NBA history, You will also find that he has more 20 -10 -5 seasons than any player in NBA history. While you at it, he also led the league in total points in 2004.

As 2008 showed, it is not about statistics it is all about winning. If the team need points, he can still get it done if necessary.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Crack and blogging do not mix.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Garnett for Aldridge?:
    [QUOTE]IF it were possible, would you guys trade Kevin Garnett straight up for LaMarcus Aldridge RIGHT NOW? Assuming Portland would be willing to do that trade (which they wouldn't, I get that) and if the salaries worked out, would you make that trade before the deadline if you were Danny Ainge?
    Obviously, you have too much free time.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

stop taking crack

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

How about Paul Pierce for Brandon Roy?

The Blazers will be getting a 33-year old player who will play until he's 36 years old. While the Celtics will get a 26-year old player who will most likely retire at the very old age of 28 years old.

HAHAHA!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Just think about it from Portland's point of view why would they ever consider it?  They want to get older?  

It is just as stupid from the Celtic side. Let's bring in Aldridge and see if we can break up the chemistry of our starting unit while we try to win a championship this year and next.

One of the dumbest threads in a while.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrydeurodlives. Show terrydeurodlives's posts

and IF..

My aunt had b alls she would be my uncle.

More likely than this scenario. What about Terry Duerod for Tiny Archibald? Silly analogy but this thread is stupid.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kflash44. Show kflash44's posts

Please post something that makes sense.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In Response to Garnett for Aldridge?:
    [QUOTE]IF it were possible, would you guys trade Kevin Garnett straight up for LaMarcus Aldridge RIGHT NOW? Assuming Portland would be willing to do that trade (which they wouldn't, I get that) and if the salaries worked out, would you make that trade before the deadline if you were Danny Ainge?
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    I don't understand what it is you are seeking as responses. You yourself have said "assuming Portland would be willing to do that trade (which they wouldn't)" ,  it is a mute point.  Life is full of many, many "would you"  that not are reasonable & would/ will never happen.

So to play your silly game, and not one person on this subject has responded favorably, if I were to say "yes", what does that do, as Clint Eastwood said "Make your day " ? Many have responded & most have said it would break up the chemistry of our # 1 team in the East in the standings.

Are you seeking a fantasy analysis of what either player would do for the teams? Don't you have anything better to do with your time ? I mean it's like would Ted Williams have been traded for Joe Dimaggio, Bill Russell for Wilt Chamberlan...there are many more but you get the idea, hopefully. These trades never happened & the one you ask about as you said, will never happen so post something which is within the realm of possiblity & gives us Celtic fans some food for thought!

Amen

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

LOL at some these trade threads here.

I'm sure the spirit of Andy Kaufman is hanging over some of these original posts.

Original Posters thought ..... mmmmm let's see how I'll bait the people today for a laugh.

Surely that has to be it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

With Brandon Roy's playing career in limbo, Aldridge becomes Portland's franchise player. Why on earth would they trade him for KG who is on the downward slope of his career? Ths is a ridiculous proposition. Now, if you packaged Rondo and Perkins for Aldridge, that would be an offer the Trailblazers could seriously consider.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]With Brandon Roy's playing career in limbo, Aldridge becomes Portland's franchise player. Why on earth would they trade him for KG who is on the downward slope of his career? Ths is a ridiculous proposition. Now, if you packaged Rondo and Perkins for Aldridge, that would be an offer the Trailblazers could seriously consider.
    Posted by edcap99[/QUOTE]
    And one the celtics would be nuts to consider. Iwouldn`t trade Rondo sraight up for Aldridge. He`s a guy that can put up a lot of points for a losing team .BFD.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]So you wouldn't trade KG for Kevin Durant either? Since KG is "the heart and soul" of the team? You wouldn't have traded Larry Bird at the end of his career for Michael Jordan? I understand Aldridge isn't like Durant or Jordan, but he would give you a brighter future than Garnett. Him and Rondo would be a great combo for years to come.
    Posted by CVD2312[
    Trade your crack pipe for a 12 step program.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Garnett for Aldridge? : [QUOTE]So you wouldn't trade KG for Kevin Durant either? Since KG is "the heart and soul" of the team? You wouldn't have traded Larry Bird at the end of his career for Michael Jordan? I understand Aldridge isn't like Durant or Jordan, but he would give you a brighter future than Garnett. Him and Rondo would be a great combo for years to come. Posted by CVD2312[ Trade your crack pipe for a 12 step program.
    Posted by jrleftfoot[/QUOTE]
    Earth to CVD.Lamarcus Aldridge isn`t Kevin Durant. This whole exercise is pointless. I`m out.