Garnett - Incredible

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skins and Heart. Show Skins and Heart's posts

Garnett - Incredible

Have to say how much I admire the play of Garnett in the latter half of this season and the post season. He's leaving absolutely nothing on the table when it comes to his game performances.

Would have to say that he's the best centre left in the play offs which does give Boston a decent advantage that that position. Not sure if Boston were considering making a big offer to Garnett but he really should be taken care of by the Celtic organisation after what he has given the team.

Never thought he'd be producing at such a high standard at this point in his career. Maybe he won't be able to play like this in 2012/13. MAYBE it's actually his last season and that could really explain why he's playing at this standard.

Really do hope he retires as a Celtic. Also think that number 5 won't be worn again by another Celtic player. How can it after all he's given to the team, banner 17 and respectability. That's something you can't attach monetary value to.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: Garnett - Incredible

KG is dominating...completely dominating. WOW! All of this while getting killed in the post. Allen and Hawes are hacking him almost every play and the refs aren't giving KG the respect due. Then you see the Pacers blow on DWade and Bron and it's called. That's ok it really doesn't matter at this point.

Tomorrow's game is HUGE! If we can get rid of the Sixers in 5 this would serve of well. It looks like the Pacers may beat the Heat in 6 since Bron is crying about playing PF.

I know it's early but I'm starting to smell a Geritol Finals....Celtics vs Spurs.

Pop vs Doc
    Rondo vs Parker
    Duncan vs KG
    Pierce vs Cap Jack
    Allen vs Ginobili

I won't count us in yet but I think this team is hungry and can see it. Just get tomorrow's game first. We know this team likes to make things hard for themselves. I'm looking for Ray Allen to have a big game tomorrow...it's his turn.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

KG is going to be on the Celtics next year if he wants.  His play over the second half has been something those who follow Celtics basketball will remember.

It shows you that conventional logic about a player due to age and injury is not  always accurate. He is playing like he did in 2008.  How is that possible?  But it is.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

KG is going to be on the Celtics next year if he wants.  His play over the second half has been something those who follow Celtics basketball will remember.

It shows you that conventional logic about a player due to age and injury is not  always accurate. He is playing like he did in 2008.  How is that possible?  But it is.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In Response to Re: Garnett - Incredible:
    [QUOTE]KG is going to be on the Celtics next year if he wants.  His play over the second half has been something those who follow Celtics basketball will remember. It shows you that conventional logic about a player due to age and injury is not  always accurate. He is playing like he did in 2008.  How is that possible?  But it is.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

KG "will be on the Celtics if he wants" really means KG made himself a lot of money in the playoffs. I could see the Nets throwing mega money at him for a year while they wait on Howard. I could also see the Mavs gutting the team to take on DWIll and KG to run with Dirk.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Two games ago KG said in post game conference, he loved his coach and playing for this team.  Anything can happen but I think we can expect a guy like KG means what he says.  With the money KG has made in his career I doubt he would chase money for an opportunity in a new city with a new coach.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

KG isn't going anywhere. Ainge will sign him back. If anything I think he can lure a few guys to come to Boston. Billups off the bench and Dwight Howard would be good fits.

I think KG wants another multi-year deal...2 years and that's spurring him to play well.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

You can easily argue he's literally been the best player in the playoffs on any team. Amazing and he WANTS the ball. Doesn't hestitate on shots. Incredible. This is the first time in Boston since maybe 08 that he's demanding the ball.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

My gut still tells me he will retire at the end of the year.  Read where it takes so much energy for him to just get ready for a game...................his knee, his fire.........it just might not be worth it with the 3 x 100 mill contracts he's signed.  Here's hoping he goes out with a bang!!  (whenever that is!!)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Absolutely a pleasure to watch KG work his a_s off night in and night out. He is leaving it all on the court every game. I honestly think his play rubbed off on Pierce too last night. PP 2 dunking drives back to back. That is into a game. Well played boys...keep it going strong

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

"I was [angry]," Garnett said. "After the game I came in and just said, 'We're not going to beat anybody -- JV teams or high school teams -- if we're not going to play together. We've worked so hard to get to where we're at and we got there together.

"Ubuntu, we've been preaching that since I've been here. I had to just remind the guys -- including the younger guys, the new guys -- on how we succeed here and the creed, Celtics basketball and what we are here. I just had to reiterate that."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]KG isn't going anywhere. Ainge will sign him back. If anything I think he can lure a few guys to come to Boston. Billups off the bench and Dwight Howard would be good fits. I think KG wants another multi-year deal...2 years and that's spurring him to play well.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Billups injury will keep him out through the all-star break next year. If we want to start the season with Dooling and finish it with Chauncey for the playoffs, both at vet min deals, then sure.

But c'mon, not mor e Howard talk

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Firstly, I wouldn't call KG the best Center in the game.  Albeit a thin, wiry muscular body not afraid to mix it up, he's not a Banger under the boards because he doesn't have the weight of a Bynum or Howard. But he's the best Center/Power Forward in the game I believe as he can hit anywhere from 10-15 feet out at more than 50% & do an occasional 3 pt shot too. Against other PFs 6'9"--6'10" yup he can out rebound but, as I said, 7 ft Centers like Bynum & Howard can usually outrebound him.

I'd love to keep him next year & two even if we can get a good 7 footer( two even better) to rest him and also play along him to have  the effect of a Gasol/Bynum combo which dominates. LA problem is they only have Kobe while we have many more better perimeter players and we have Rondo too!!!

Would love to win the next two or at least in 6 and have Indy/Miami go to 7 and bang eachother up and give PP a time to heal & the older guys some rest.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]Eastern Conference Playoffs "I was [angry]," Garnett said. "After the game I came in and just said, 'We're not going to beat anybody -- JV teams or high school teams -- if we're not going to play together. We've worked so hard to get to where we're at and we got there together. "Ubuntu, we've been preaching that since I've been here. I had to just remind the guys -- including the younger guys, the new guys -- on how we succeed here and the creed, Celtics basketball and what we are here. I just had to reiterate that."
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Wow. Awesome. That's a leader.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Garnett - Incredible : Wow. Awesome. That's a leader.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

old school all the way baby

I'm enjoying the end of the Garnett era for sure, he's one of a kind, just a pure baller who is doing it for his team and all the right reasons and not himself and all the wrong ones like some of the league's other superstars.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Garnett - Incredible:
    [QUOTE]Have to say how much I admire the play of Garnett in the latter half of this season and the post season. He's leaving absolutely nothing on the table when it comes to his game performances. Would have to say that he's the best centre left in the play offs which does give Boston a decent advantage that that position. Not sure if Boston were considering making a big offer to Garnett but he really should be taken care of by the Celtic organisation after what he has given the team. Never thought he'd be producing at such a high standard at this point in his career. Maybe he won't be able to play like this in 2012/13. MAYBE it's actually his last season and that could really explain why he's playing at this standard. Really do hope he retires as a Celtic. Also think that number 5 won't be worn again by another Celtic player. How can it after all he's given to the team, banner 17 and respectability. That's something you can't attach monetary value to.
    Posted by Skins and Heart[/QUOTE]

Great post

If Max and DJ get their numbers retired for 7-8 seasons and 2 titles I wonder if KG will get his retired for 5 seasons and 1?

He likely has to play 2 more years here, or win the championship this season.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]I totally AGree. I couldnt me more happier for K.G. He is one of the hardest workers in the league and takes the game very seriously. He eats, shyts, plays B-Ball! The 76ers should pay him for the clinic he is putting on! No MAtter What happens this season, I can say with pride that watching this team(specifically the big 4) perform and play has been a Treat and we are playing the Best Defense of any team left and we have a shot to do Anything because like K.G. said: "Anything is Possible!!!!!!" I am gonna miss him when he is Gone because No other player will EVER bring what he did on the court, Night in and Night out with the Intensity and attention to detail that he has. Class Act
    Posted by patsfan76[/QUOTE]

The decision to join 3 stars at SG-SF-PF who were all individually multi all-stars and led the teams that drafted them on playoff runs with little success was duplicated by the Heat (the difference being Wade had a title already and Bosh wasn't technically a superstar) 3 years after our crew was put together.

but nobody will ever duplicate the personalities and old school games of PP, Ray and KG... they are just pure joy and amazing players/people... the disgusting glitz and glam and desperate for attention and love ga reel that is South Beach are completely foreign concepts to our boys.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]KG isn't going anywhere. Ainge will sign him back. If anything I think he can lure a few guys to come to Boston. Billups off the bench and Dwight Howard would be good fits. I think KG wants another multi-year deal...2 years and that's spurring him to play well.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]
    Bias,
    I have been thinking the same way about Howard.  I think things are aligning with his reputation suffering and the cap space we have.  Dwight knows Doc well and more than ever playing for a great coach makes sense after his decline the last year. He just might end up a Celtic.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]Garnett is better than Bynum or Howard. They are p ssies.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]
    They will play together!  Garnett is not going anywhere.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]Garnett is better than Bynum or Howard. They are p ssies.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Garnett may be better than Bynum & Howard, I agree, but he's not the type of Center we need in the future because we are last in rebounds & as a jump shooting team need shoot 45-50% and play good "D" to cause turnovers but it'd be nice to have a bad shooting night 35%-40% & still win because we got more rebounds.  I copy & paste this from my earlier post:

Firstly, I wouldn't call KG the best Center in the game.  Albeit a thin, wiry muscular body not afraid to mix it up, he's not a Banger under the boards because he doesn't have the weight of a Bynum or Howard. But he's the best Center/Power Forward in the game I believe as he can hit anywhere from 10-15 feet out at more than 50% & do an occasional 3 pt shot too. Against other PFs 6'9"--6'10" yup he can out rebound but, as I said, 7 ft Centers like Bynum & Howard can usually outrebound him.

I'd love to keep him next year & two even if we can get a good 7 footer( two even better) to rest him and also play along him to have  the effect of a Gasol/Bynum combo which dominates.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

They need KG next year because the only good Free Agents are Howard and Deron..oviously we don't get Deron and D12 will be moved at deadline anyway. Only other guy is Eric Gordon coming off knee surgery. No thanks. KG is the 3rd best FA next year and attainable by the Celtics. They love him and he loves them. As long as they can work out a contract that doesn't screw up 2013 money give him his money.

Sections
Shortcuts