Garnett - Incredible

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Garnett - Incredible

In Response to Re: Garnett - Incredible:
    [QUOTE]We get two first round draft picks this year as well. Resign KG and build a statute to him next to the one for Bill Russell.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

I hope that KG is also with the Celtics next season.  Although, I am still hearing rumors that he may retire.  Either way, he won't be playing many more years and certainly doesn't need the money.  We were lucky that Danny signed KG a couple of years ago.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Garnett - Incredible": [QUOTE]KG isn't going anywhere. Ainge will sign him back. If anything I think he can lure a few guys to come to Boston. Billups off the bench and Dwight Howard would be good fits. I think KG wants another multi-year deal...2 years and that's spurring him to play well. Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE] Offensive post, my man! To say a guy who gives it his all every time he's on the court is motivated by trying to get a new contract is just silly. Whether he plays well or poorly, he's in there fighting every night. He practices hard, plays hard, fights pushes, cheats, and does anything to make his team better - EVERY YEAR, and you think is because he wants a new contract next year? Be serious.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skins and Heart. Show Skins and Heart's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Garnett - Incredible": Offensive post, my man! To say a guy who gives it his all every time he's on the court is motivated by trying to get a new contract is just silly. Whether he plays well or poorly, he's in there fighting every night. He practices hard, plays hard, fights pushes, cheats, and does anything to make his team better - EVERY YEAR, and you think is because he wants a new contract next year? Be serious.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

This is what give me the feeling that this could be his last year.

Garnett is playing at the moment like a man who is emptying what is left in his NBA fuel tank. Could be wrong though.

Hypothetically if Boston win a title this season. Both he and Allen may both retire. Two titles, a finals appearances. Nothing left to prove or to achieve in the game.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skins and Heart. Show Skins and Heart's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Garnett - Incredible : I can think of several million reasons why KG might come back.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

True that.

Hopefully though money isn't that much of an issue for him. Lots of professional athletes paid their millions can't manage their money. Hopefully for his sake Garnett isn't one of them.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skins and Heart. Show Skins and Heart's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Garnett - Incredible : I think Garnett is fine money wise. It will be interesting to see. I get the impression that Garnett would play the same if he were an amateur playing in the local park. I hope he plays one more year because we are going to add more talent in the off season with our two first round draft picks.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Any realistic chance of adding some decent free agents next season Kirk? Sure anything is possible but I don't see the Celtics getting a big name free agent.
    Ainge would be foolish to trade Rondo or Pierce to get a new player into the line-up.

If Green stays (probably will) that will almost be like getting a new player for Boston. Certainly highlights the teams achievements that this year has been played without Green, a player I've always thought highly of.

Green, the rookies and a couple of decent free agents to play roles. Wouldn't be so bad.

I get that impression with Garnett as well. Just such an intense character on the court. But intense in a positive way.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I personally want them to package the picks to get a big in the 10-15 range (like Sullinger, Perry Jones, Zeller or Moultrie). But either way, we will almost assuredly add ONE young big man and with Hollins and Stiemsma already here, KG's ability to mentor and teach is pretty valuable in itself.

We'll likely be able to keep one of Ray/Pietrus

and

a 10-12 million per year average FA (Humphries, McGee) and Green

or

TWO 7-9 million per year FA's (one at the Green role like a Gerald Wallace or Michael Beasley and one a big like Jason Thompson, JJ Hickson or Jordan Hill)

With that infusion of talent and the growth of Avery you can assume that we'd have a MUCH better core around Rondo and PP for KG to return to than we did this year. That assumes he doesn't require more than 7-9 million a season. And really, whats 4-5 million a year when you made 278 mil over an entire career (not including endorsements) and would want to remains a Celtic, go in the rafters, stay where you are manically loved and with PP/Rondo/Doc?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Garnett - Incredible": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Garnett - Incredible : I can think of several million reasons why KG might come back. Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE] All things I read about Garnett say that he is a very strong family man who's managed his money very well with smart investments. He was also perfectly willing and advocated sitting out this season during the strike period. This is not a man who needs more money. Different topic: I'm watching the Spurs tonight and there's an interesting trait that KG and Duncan share.....they both pass very well and keep the ball moving. They both don't care about their shots and just want to get their team the best shot, but can still score when they are needed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to "Re: Garnett - Incredible": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Garnett - Incredible : We have enough cap money for two max free agents. My dream would be to steal Hibbert from Indiana and resign KG. Probably just a fantasy, though. I think Hibbert will resign with Indiana. Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE] There isn't enough cap room to sign 2 max and sign KG and have a full roster.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to "Re: Garnett - Incredible": [QUOTE]KG isn't going anywhere. Ainge will sign him back. If anything I think he can lure a few guys to come to Boston. Billups off the bench and Dwight Howard would be good fits. I think KG wants another multi-year deal...2 years and that's spurring him to play well. Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE] Can you name even one player that the Magic would trade for with the C's that would entice them to move Howard to the C's? Magic move Howard only under the following scenario; 1) trade to Nets if the Nets secure the #1 pick in the draft (Davis) and for an additional #1 and a current player 2) trade mid season to Lakers if team is stumbling and Bynum regains his interest Assumption is that Smith and Stan are gone today, so Magic will re approach Howard with new management to see what can be done to resign him long term

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skins and Heart. Show Skins and Heart's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Garnett - Incredible : We have enough cap money for two max free agents. My dream would be to steal Hibbert from Indiana and resign KG. Probably just a fantasy, though. I think Hibbert will resign with Indiana.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

It's fun to dream Smile. At the very least you can set up a Celtics team with Hibbert in it in NBA 2K13.

Never can be sure what sort of moves Ainge will make with the Celtics.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

For those that don't think KG could be playing for a multi-year contract are fooling themselves. Don't get me wrong I want him to play like this and it's really good to see and hopefully it brings us #18. I do believe he wants a multi year deal...probably from the Celtics and there is nothing wrong with that approach.

Also, I wouldn't po po the thought of Howard signing with the Celtics. He probably wants a stable, winning environment with some vets around so he doesn't have to go through drama like he has in Orlando. The Lakers are a mess, the Nets aren't ready, he might as well stay in Orlando. NY is a mess.

The C's have history, Doc, Rondo, PP, potentially KG & RA. So let's not write off that option yet because I heard the same thing about KG coming to Boston.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

PART of kg's success is the emergence of his DEFENSIVE wingman... hollins = baby, steamer = baby perk

Sections
Shortcuts